McNabb Benched

RLflutie7

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Donavon McNabb has played his best football this year (until the last 2 games), and I can't figure out why they didn't bench him long before.

He always tried to rush the ball rather than throw it. Now he throws the ball instead of running it and he throws interceptions.

I always thought McNabb was Vince Young before Vince Young became Vince Young.

McNabb was outplayed by three backups when he got hurt earlier in his career and now this. It seems odd timing, but I think the owner has seen enough and so have the fans.

Not knowing about the overtime rules could end McNabb's career and I don't think he'll live it down if he goes to another team. On the pregame shows, they played more video that I had not seen earlier. He said something like "what if the Superbowl ended in a tie?"

That's really someone who doesn't know anything about his job.

4 straight NFC championship appearances riding NcNabb. He has been thier entire team for a decade. The guy had 1 solid receiver for 1 year (TO), everything else he did himself....Vince Young wishes he was half the player NcNabb was/is.

McNabb's not VINCE Young at all - if anything, he's closer to being a (much worse) version of STeve Young. They're both accurate passers who have thrived in West Coast offenses relying on quick, short passes. And both of them have been able to beat you on the ground.

Of course, McNabb doesn't have the skills Steve did, nor the coaching, nor the WR corps. But McNabb came within three points of winning the Super Bowl with TO - imagine if he had TO and Jerry Rice.

Yep, you got it right there. You can look for the problem on the field all you want, but the cancer in Philadelphia is on the sidelines. His playcalling and strategy have always been just atrocious. McNabb's problems this year can be attributed to the team's absolute failure to even attempt running the ball. How can you blame McNabb when he's working in a completely one dimensional offense?

You are completely wrong with your assessment of McNabb. Have you seen how unaccurate he is with his throws? He may have a few good games left in him, but he is definitely on the down side of his career. He just does not have the accuracy on his throws anymore. He was never great. At his best he was very good. Now his best is average. His career will play out like Drew Bledsoe's.

Long before? <_<

Nice "ducking for cover" topic after your one of praise for McNabb before he laid the egg against CIN. Have you considered entering politics, RL?

:)

I said I thought Donovan has played his best football this year! He deserved to be benched in previous years when he was OUTPLAYED by three different backup. That's not a flip flop. He was never that good to begin with and Rush Limbaugh was right.

Are you kidding me? Should have benched him sooner? Did you see how bad Kolb was? He's never even had a good preaseason let alone proven anything on the field other than he's not ready.

McNabb has been a top level QB for a long time and teams would have killed to have this guy on their team. He carried that team, and still does, despite no real offensive talent outside of Westbrook and the one year he had T.O. on his team. He has carried that team so long I am surprised he hasnt had to have back surgery with all that weight on it...

And get off this tie garbage...what a joke. Regardless if he knew the game could end in a tie or not, he knows first team to score wins...ITS SUDDEN DEATH! He was trying to score on EVERY possesion, not taking time off thinking we will get them next possesion in the next period. Him not knowing it could end in a tie HAD NO RELEVANCE OF ANY KIND on the outcome of this game. It got blown into a big deal because of the media. No one is talking about Hines Ward coming out and saying he didnt know either, and Ward had a game that ended in a tie that he played in for crying out loud.

Its amazing what this guy has had to endure in his career yet has remained a true professional at all times.

I said I thought Donovan has played his best football this year! He deserved to be benched in previous years when he was OUTPLAYED by three different backup. That's not a flip flop. He was never that good to begin with and Rush Limbaugh was right.

You should be banned from this board! Rush was right! You are ignorant!

Give me a break, McNabb has been a top 5 quarterback for almost his entire career and this is actually shaping up to be his worst statistical season. His trademark has always been a low interception rate (only 89 so far in a 10 year span) and a high completion percentage. If there's one knock on him it's his inability to manage a clock at the end of a game, and that's probably why there isn't a SB ring on his finger, but in the grand scheme of things he has been a very very good quarterback. So please, give me some evidence of his "not being that good to begin with". I'm really interested on your take because you seem convinced.

Oh, I get it now. <_<

I think the best bet for McNabb is Minnesota. They have everything except a legitimate QB.

Have you ever even watched McNabb play? Are you aware that he has a 2:1 touchdown to interception ratio for his career? Are you aware that he's only attempted to rush the ball 50 times once in the past 5 seasons. Let me take a guess, you made that comparison because he's black?

You don't know my history on McNabb. I never thought he was that good. I never liked him and said so on these pages as early as 2000 and 2001. McNabb hasn't played many full seasons since his been hurt and he still rushed the ball a lot, given the number of games he played.

I never made that comparsion because he's black. I did say that black QBs seem to rush the ball too much.

Vince Young, Mike Vick, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper and Steve McNair, Randall Cunningham all have had years were they have had a ton a rushing attempts. Way more than white QBs.

Both Vick and Culpepper have has seasons with over 100 rush attempts. Cunningham got sacked a lot early in his career because he was always trying to run. Plus Cunningham had his best year with his least rush attempts.

Give me a break, McNabb has been a top 5 quarterback for almost his entire career and this is actually shaping up to be his worst statistical season. His trademark has always been a low interception rate (only 89 so far in a 10 year span) and a high completion percentage. If there's one knock on him it's his inability to manage a clock at the end of a game, and that's probably why there isn't a SB ring on his finger, but in the grand scheme of things he has been a very very good quarterback. So please, give me some evidence of his "not being that good to begin with". I'm really interested on your take because you seem convinced.

He's only been a top 5 QB almost his entire career. Can you truely back that up? I dont' think you can stat wise.

He's been on a team that had a good defense that kept teams out of the endzone.

He does have a very, very low interception rate. That's always been the thing with McNabb and that is a great thing.

But I guess you didn't follow the McNabb and Aikman controversy about three or four years back. Aikman said McNabb was one of the most inaccurate passers he's seen and it hit a raw nerve in Philly. And it's was documented by Sal Paolantonio of ESPN.

Ummm, McNabb was a running QB early on, and it wasn't until he learned how to become a very good passer that the Eagles became very good. Remember? He "sold out his black brothers" by "becoming like a white QB."

Yes, I remember that and that was a dumb thing to say. I don't, and I know most fans don't, want a QB playing running back.

P.S. I dare Tim Tebow to come to the NFL and run like he does in college. They'll knock his head off.

He's only been a top 5 QB almost his entire career. Can you truely back that up? I dont' think you can stat wise.

He's been on a team that had a good defense that kept teams out of the endzone.

He does have a very, very low interception rate. That's always been the thing with McNabb and that is a great thing.

But I guess you didn't follow the McNabb and Aikman controversy about three or four years back. Aikman said McNabb was one of the most inaccurate passers he's seen and it hit a raw nerve in Philly. And it's was documented by Sal Paolantonio of ESPN.

First off, one man's opinnion (Aikman) doesn't make it true...otherwise, we should be in the CFL (see Emmit Smith).

Second, he carried that team offensively with no talent. I guarantee if Aikman was on this Eagles team for the last 10 years this team doesnt win 2/3 the games they won. He wasnt that kind of talent. Very few quarterbacks could have produced the way he has with the little talent he has to work with most of his career. Lets not forget what a true professional he has been having to endure the T.O. sage, the racial issues off the field from ignorant white media personalities like Limbaugh, and the overall toughness of having to play in Philly where he was booed at the draft.

They guy has been a warrior and even played half a season with a broken ankle. This team doesnt win 4 games next year with Kolb at Qb and is a threat to win the division with McNabb at QB.

This also might be the stupidest thing you said..."stat wise"

Who cares about stats...having the best stats doesnt make you the best player. Look at Aikmans stats...he was mediocre at best in terms of yardage and TD's...yet he is a HOF QB...its not stats that make you a top 5 QB, its the QB that makes him a top 5 QB and McNabb has been an elite QB in this league most of his career.

This also might be the stupidest thing you said..."stat wise"

Who cares about stats...having the best stats doesnt make you the best player. Look at Aikmans stats...he was mediocre at best in terms of yardage and TD's...yet he is a HOF QB...its not stats that make you a top 5 QB, its the QB that makes him a top 5 QB and McNabb has been an elite QB in this league most of his career.

OK. I'll buy that.

I do think Donovan has had the benefit of being a passing QB and his results have been mixed at best (stat wise). Kind of like Kerry Collins. Kerry's had like five straight years with over 500 pass attempts and yet he doesn't put up Kurt Warner or Drew Brees type numbers.

McNabb is getting a long conversation on ESPN . . . which seems to be a yearly thing.

OK. I'll buy that.

I do think Donovan has had the benefit of being a passing QB and his results have been mixed at best (stat wise). Kind of like Kerry Collins. Kerry's had like five straight years with over 500 pass attempts and yet he doesn't put up Kurt Warner or Drew Brees type numbers.

McNabb is getting a long conversation on ESPN . . . which seems to be a yearly thing.

If you are honestly comparing McNabb to Keery Collins, you officially know nothing about football. And don't be a geek and use stats. McNabb before Westbrook came along carried that team with the likes of James Thrash and Tood Pinkston as his top receivers. He is a borderline Hall of Famer and the only city doesn't recognize how good he is the idot fans in Philly.

There will be nothing funnier than McNabb leading another team deep in the playoffs while Philly discovers how hard it is to find a franchise QB.

McNabb critics are funny....

When i think about McNabb, i always have those regrets coming back from the year he was drafted... He'd have been the prefect fit for the Bills, a starter for at least a decade, the perfect way to regionalise the franchise and win fans in Central NY... and we'd have given him much more respect that the never happy Eagles fans ever did... we should have trade up to take him... i remember guys laughing at me here when i proposed that at the time...

If you are honestly comparing McNabb to Keery Collins, you officially know nothing about football. And don't be a geek and use stats. McNabb before Westbrook came along carried that team with the likes of James Thrash and Tood Pinkston as his top receivers. He is a borderline Hall of Famer and the only city doesn't recognize how good he is the idot fans in Philly.

There will be nothing funnier than McNabb leading another team deep in the playoffs while Philly discovers how hard it is to find a franchise QB.

I can think of several QBs that deserve the Hall of Fame way before McNabb. It's a yearly thing with McNabb defending himself for his subpar performance.

Those QBs are as follows: Jim Plunkett, Ken Stabler, Joe Theisman, Dave Kreig, Kurt Warner. I could go on and on.

Answer me this question: Has Dononvan McNabb ever thrown for over 30 TDs in a season and how many times?

Why is he so inaccurate?

He's played well this season, except the last two games and at the end of games, but he's improved and he's stopped his stupid running like a running back.

Kerry Collins, I don't think he's ever done that either (30 TDs), and he's always been a passing QB. with multiple seasons of over 500 attempts.

Why hasn't anyone here challenged me on black QBs running too much?

Because the yardage gained and attempts speak for themselves.

McNabb critics are funny....

When i think about McNabb, i always have those regrets coming back from the year he was drafted... He'd have been the prefect fit for the Bills, a starter for at least a decade, the perfect way to regionalise the franchise and win fans in Central NY... and we'd have given him much more respect that the never happy Eagles fans ever did... we should have trade up to take him... i remember guys laughing at me here when i proposed that at the time...

Does anyone remember when, I think, John Butler tried to get McNabb to come out from school a year early? He said something along the lines of "If a certain young man playing QB at a nearby college were to come out this year, we would definitely take him with our top pick."

Love McNabb or hate him, I doubt that there are many that wouldn't take the guy over all of our QB's over the past 10 years...