KC Fans

My wife and drove from Minneapolis to see the game and it was terrific as you all know. What I didn't expect was how well we were treated by the Chief fans. Buffalo should take note, it was a drunken brawl, nor we were spit upon. However, that said the seats were nearly empty of KC fans by the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Looking around, there had to be several thousand Bills fans at the game. I never saw so many Bills fans outside of Buffalo and it was awesome.

To the fans from Elma, howdy. and to ones I met from Alexandria, MN I hope you made it home safe through the snow squall. I ran into people from all over America that were wearing Bills colors and had never been to either the Ralph or Buffalo and that was pretty cool. But there were quite a few from western NY, and it was nice seeing people who love football.

KC fans like football too, they really got into it in the 1st quarter, but when they got behind they left. I suppose it would have been different if they were 5-5, not 1-9. They were still pretty nice and friendly, and I didn't get hit in the head with beer bottles like at the Metrodome where Vikings fans were terrible.

Go BILLS!

I went to a Bills-Chiefs preseason tilt at Arrowhead in '95. My grandfather still lived in KC then so my then-girlfriend-now-wife and I happened to be in town and decided to go to the game. It was a sold-out sea of red, even in preseason. Pretty cool. The worst treatment we got was when a middle-aged lady silently flipped us off as we walked by their tailgate before the game... I was wearing a Bills shirt, of course, and I think they were still a little pissed about losing to us twice in the playoffs. :o

So many KC fans who had purchased tix when they went on sale (plus season ticket holders) were starting to stay away because the team has been playing so badly.

Some of us that planned ahead and purchased our tix last month, saw tix in the same area selling this week on stub hub for pennies on the dollar.

The best thing was that we started out on the 3rd level and by the last quarter we had moved all the way down to the 3rd row right behind the Bills Bench. It was awesome to be so close.

The fans in each of the sections we moved to were quite gracious. Except for a loud mouth woman who kept saying in a loud voice "God, how embarrassing to lose to the Bills - the Bills for God's sake"

I loved it.

:o

It's a different mentality out there when it comes to sports. There isn't alot of that in-your-face bullsh!t that goes on at east coast venues. I was treated very well by Cardinals fans when I went to a ballgame in St. Louis even though I was clearly the only one there not decked out in red.

It doesn't have to be nasty. We all love football; we just root for different teams.

BTW, props to the Bills fans in attendance. You were clearly audible during the CBS coverage. I was suprised at the big cheer that went up for McKelvin's pick 6.

I went to a Bills-Chiefs preseason tilt at Arrowhead in '95. My grandfather still lived in KC then so my then-girlfriend-now-wife and I happened to be in town and decided to go to the game. It was a sold-out sea of red, even in preseason. Pretty cool. The worst treatment we got was when a middle-aged lady silently flipped us off as we walked by their tailgate before the game... I was wearing a Bills shirt, of course, and I think they were still a little pissed about losing to us twice in the playoffs. <_<

Me and Mrs. Lew attended that game also. Along with EdinKC and his wife. The peeps generally were nice...I think that middle age 'lady' <who flipped you off> musta had daughters. THe only grief we got were from some girl teenage KC fans.

I've always wanted to go to a Chiefs game. I've heard that Buffalo and KC are similar experiences. How was the tailgating? I hear that they are right up there with Buffalo.

One of those background shots showed a bunch of fans grilling in the parking lot... CHICKEN, of all things!

Isn't it a law in KC that you have to eat beef at a tailgate?

:-)