Running up the score

busterramsey

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To hell with that crap.. You all know, that at some point in that game, after the game had been pretty much decided that you all thought to yourselves, "Well, how are these guys going to blow this game and rip my heart out of my chest THIS time?" (When we were up by 23 with about 8 mins left in the 3rd, I had to explain to my father that they needed to keep their "foot on the gas", cuz this team could EASILY give up 24 the rest of the way.)

It's not the offense's job to keep the score down.. that's the job of the OTHER team's defense. Is it a tad classless? Sure, if you're the Pats* (or any other dominate team, in any number of other sports.) But, we're the Bills.. and if throwing the ball in the fourth quarter to move the chains, is what it takes.. You do it. Plain and simple.

Nothing comes easily in this league, and if it takes fracturing the Cheifs delicate egos a little to help the Bills gain some confidence. So be it.

BTW, I was yelling at the TV too for Schonert to call more runs, too. But, only to shorten the game, not to protect the psyche' of Kansas City.

Agreed on all accounts. I'd find it hard to believe any Bills' fan was sitting comfortably despite the 3 score lead. This team has invented some of the best ways to blow a game known to man.

I remember last year when the Eagles Westbrook acutually stopped on the 1 yard line rather than score. That was classy.. Jaron not only can't coach but he has no integrity.

They continues to stack the box. we had to pass to move the ball, otherwise we would run into 9 man fronts. Also, he was building confidence for our offense and keeping our bad defense off the field today.

The Bills intentionally didn't pick up the first down on their last drive.

And they gave up the last TD drive to KC

That was charity enough.

agreed. The Bills showed class by not kicking and giving up the ball on 4th there with a simple run up the gut.

Well, that's just his opinion, man.

I don't know if you meant to sound like "The Dude" but if you did that was pretty brilliant.

On the subject, I agree with you. The starters stayed in because of a momentum and confidence killing past 4 games, keeping them in built confidence in the whole team.

The Bills under Jauron arguably run-up the score once, after coming off an 0-4 skid, and Jauron is "classless." What a joke.

The attackers are more classless looking for any possible reason to attack the Bills. Almost like they were rooting for Chiefs hoping that Bills would be stupid as them and cut coach after giving extension.

I don't know if you meant to sound like "The Dude" but if you did that was pretty brilliant.

On the subject, I agree with you. The starters stayed in because of a momentum and confidence killing past 4 games, keeping them in built confidence in the whole team.

The Dude abides.

To the point: KC DCOR = pissy because we were passing.

Jauron = (in his words) justified by passing late for the same reasons Kansas City was.

There are two ways of looking at it, both men (Jauron/KCDCor) are professionals. Personally, I was okay with it. Would have liked to have seen JP and Oman one series sooner, but there certainly weren't any "Bush League" tactics by the Bills, IMO.

Anyone who thinks the Bills playing hard to the end of the games is absurd. On this board people say DJ coaches not to lose. That is exactly the opposite of what was done today. Also if the bills would have slowed down and KC got back in the game, the people saying we ran up the score would be complaining about the coaching.