More Change We Didn't Need to Believe In

/dev/null

I get the feeling blacks just don't see it that way given that more than 70% of them voted to ban gay marriage in California.

Not saying you're off base, just saying that if this was truly the case, blacks would have sided with homosexuals, no?

I agree with what The Dean is saying -- I think it just shows that a lot of people in this country are too narrow-minded and too self-concerned to actually look beyond their own issues and recognize the common underlying threads. Wouldn't you think blacks might see things in the same light? Problem is, fear, hatred, and bigotry don't follow logic.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you. Call me old school, but my definition is just that. And FTR, I have a sister who is homosexual. I don't hate her, I love her. But I also need to explain that she has other issues as well and some of them deal with social adjustment and being grossly overweight. She 'discovered' her homosexuality about three years ago.

Such as a blowhard brother who accosts complete strangers to set their flag etiquette straight?

But the "gays" have changed to an in your face attitude, which just begs for attitude back at them.

That's BS. You're talking about gays on TV in marches. All the homosexuals I know--and I know quite a fe--spend their weekends at their kids soccer games and working in their yards. They are too busy with life to be "in your face."

The gays who are "in your face" are the same as the righty loons protesting at abortion clinics and the leftie loons in the anti-war marches. In a word, they're a--holes, which is their Constitutional right.

The vast majority of gays want no discrimination and to generally be left alone.

But the "gays" have changed to an in your face attitude, which just begs for attitude back at them.

Damn right! Same thing happened back when, with the uppity coloreds. Always in out face, using our drinking fountains...sitting in the front of the bus, for God's sake. Then their leaders bussed them into our upscale stores, just to be in our faces. The NERVE of them!

BTW, when they say, "stay out of our bedroom" they mean don't regulate/criminalize our sex.

Ok well we've gotten off topic I think. The question is whether or not openly gay people should be allowed to serve. The genetics behind homosexuality are not at issue here, IMO.

Take Person A. He was born gay and wants to join the military. And then there's Person B. He decided to be gay at the age of 14 and wants to join the military. What's the difference? They both want to serve their country...sooooo....wait for it....LET THEM SERVE THEIR COUNTRY!

Ok well we've gotten off topic I think. The question is whether or not openly gay people should be allowed to serve. The genetics behind homosexuality are not at issue here, IMO.

Take Person A. He was born gay and wants to join the military. And then there's Person B. He decided to be gay at the age of 14 and wants to join the military. What's the difference? They both want to serve their country...sooooo....wait for it....LET THEM SERVE THEIR COUNTRY!

A simple question with a simple answer of "yes." Nearly all of the 20-something other NATO countries allow openly gay people to serve in the military. None of them have any problems with this policy whatsoever.

Unless there are obvious logistical grounds for discrimination against a group of people (like, say, the physically handicapped in combat roles), no modern military force should be interested in preventing capable people from serving. National security is just too important of an issue to be engaging in concerns over whether or not two dudes like to kiss each other during their free time. You think the Israeli army would prevent some "queer" with various high-tech and linguistic skills from joining? Of course not. Their soldiers are more concerned about saving their nation and their own individual lives from utter annihiliation than they are about whether that infantry man from across the front lines was checking out everyone else's package.

I agree with what The Dean is saying -- I think it just shows that a lot of people in this country are too narrow-minded and too self-concerned to actually look beyond their own issues and recognize the common underlying threads. Wouldn't you think blacks might see things in the same light? Problem is, fear, hatred, and bigotry don't follow logic.

And I have no doubt that in the not-too-distant future Americans of any race and sexual orientation will look back and see this nonsense for what it is...bigotry. Gay people will be serving and dying for their country without having to pretend to be straight, and gay people will be able to marry and call it marriage in every state. People will look back and wonder what all the fuss is about.

And I have no doubt that in the not-too-distant future Americans of any race and sexual orientation will look back and see this nonsense for what it is...bigotry. Gay people will be serving and dying for their country without having to pretend to be straight, and gay people will be able to marry and call it marriage in every state. People will look back and wonder what all the fuss is about.

Except for Cincy, who will pine for "the good old days". :thumbsup:

Dean,

Let's be brutally honest here: no type of education can help these low-IQ redneck types (Dante, God Bless America, Stupid Nation, SD Jarhead, etc.) from their ingrained homophobia. Just look at how they handle scientific evidence and logical reasoning in this thread...they don't...because I suspect they can't.

I think a guys tool going in another guys ahole is disturbingly wrong. If that makes me a "low-IQ redneck" then so be it. I hope I never am as educated as you to accept it as normal.

I think a guys tool going in another guys ahole is disturbingly wrong. If that makes me a "low-IQ redneck" then so be it. I hope I never am as educated as you to accept it as normal.

Would you be equally against a guy's tool going in a woman's ahole? There is really no difference. The natural benefit of vaginal intercourse is procreation, so I guess you should be railing against anal sex altogether. What two people do in the privacy of their home is their business and their business alone. If you don't have to watch it, why should it bother you?

Would you be equally against a guy's tool going in a woman's ahole? There is really no difference. The natural benefit of vaginal intercourse is procreation, so I guess you should be railing against anal sex altogether. What two people do in the privacy of their home is their business and their business alone. If you don't have to watch it, why should it bother you?

I would never do it. Why would anyone want to? Don't understand it. And people can do what ever they want in their homes. I have no animosity towards gays. No hatred or even dislike. The agenda to mainstream it and somehow pass it off as normal is what is annoying. When they try to make gay marriage part of the curriculum in schools here in Cali I get upset. Why is any type of marriage, straight, gay or otherwise have to be taught? Only reason anyone would want that at all would be to socially engineer kids to accept the leftest liberal agenda.

Must be you are speaking from experience. :thumbdown:

:wallbash: at your arsenal of persuasion:

1. A link to NARTH :thumbdown: .

2. A singular scientist's viewpoint, who happens to be a born-again Christian.

3. A dubious claim that homosexuality must be driven by conscious choice since scientists haven't yet figured out the full biochemical/genetic/social mechanisms that lead to homosexual behavior.

4. Random (read: unscientific) polls where 1% of Orthodox Jews are gay and 50% of homosexuals admit to turning gay out of choice.

5. The causation-correlation cluster!@#$ of an argument that this "gay epidemic" in Western society is due to an increase in sexual orientation classes.

Here's the reality for Stupid Nation and for the rest of you dumb!@#$ redneck bigots posting: homosexuality is not a deliberate choice for the 99% of people who are truly gay and not among the anecdotal attention-seeking sisters of cognitive dullards posting from SD. There is probably some genetic component, but the real creation of "gayness" likely occurs because of hormonal and biochemical abnormalities in the mother's womb. The clear majority of credible and impartial scientists believe this to be the case. If you, Stupid Nation, and your bigoted followers had spent as much time learning and studying as you do hating and fear-mongering at TBD about the vast gay-wing conspiracy, you might have all obtained your GED's by now. Then you would be able to apply to accredited 4-year universities not founded by Jerry Falwell or Bob Jones.

Why don't you just come out and admit it? You are gay bigots. You want to keep them out of the military because they're different from you, i.e. they're not some perceived hypermasculine ideal American, not because you find their private sexual behavior "deviant." What a !@#$ing cop-out. For one thing, what business of a government institution is it anyway to care about how people spend their private sexual lives? For another, why don't you get up on your bully pulpit and protest against heterosexual soldiers who have anal sex or oral sex (or any sex not leading to procreation) with their wives and girlfriends and fellow female servicemen? Better yet, why don't you protest against soldiers who engage in sex with fat people or old people, both categories of which I'd argue can be just as "deviant" and disgusting to you and I as is homosexual intercourse?

Stupid rednecks. Stupid Nation.

I always love those who rail against "hate filled, judgement filled posts" with a hate-filled judgement filled retort.

FWIW, the military looks down on HETEROSEXUAL relationships between servicemen and servicewomen, too. For example, a man and woman have relations on a Navy boat and they are both in DEEP schitt. But dont let facts get in the way of a good rant.