For those who want Cowher to coach the Bills...

Phlegm Alley

Has Dick's teams ever had a specific identity besides losing? He is still trying to establish an identity and it is one that has proven to be unsuccessful in 9 years of coaching. 1 winning season in his career as a head coach.

At least with Schottenheimer, you know what you're getting. It may be conservative to a fault, but it would comply with the blue collar mentality that the Buffalo fan base is predicated upon. I would venture out to say that we have all the pieces for a successful Marty Ball style offense with a bruising RB in Lynch and the change of pace back in Jackson along with the heaviest OLine in the NFL. Schottenheimer could get the most out of the talent that we have here.

Let me sum it up this way. If the Bills had hired Schottenheimer and given him 3 years, they'd be going to the playoffs.

Cowher retired because his wife made him do it. He's not coming back, esp. to Cleveland. She won't let him. The only viable compromise would be Carolina, where they're living now.

For $9 million per, I think she'll drive his ass to Cleveland personally.

No question. He's not one to shy away from showing emotion on the sideline either.

And make no mistake about it there is not one single Official in The NFL who does not know that IF in fact they blow a Call, Cowher is going to be all over them like a fly on...well you know...I think in the end, that goes a LONG way on Game Day... :thumbsup:

As mentioned by others elsewhere, Cowher isn't a realistic option for the Bills, since Ralph isn't going to pay the kind of $$ he's looking for.

and to think.....who would you rather have right now??? schobel??? kelsay??? one of our fat O linemen??? or Cowher??

drop one of those guys and you can pay for Cowher.--How big of a difference would Cowher make??/ His toughness alone would have won us 2 more games.

Everybody talks about Cowher like he is the end all be all of coaches when in reality, if it weren't for Schottenheimer, Cowher would never of gotten a chance to coach in the NFL. Heck, Tony Dungy, Cam Cameron and Herm Edwards wouldn't have either.

Marty has received a lot of criticism in his days as a HC because he has won more games than anyone in the NFL without coaching his team to the Super Bowl. I would much prefer him than Jauron. At least with MS, you would get a player from Buffalo's AFL past glory, a HC with a record thats 74 games over .500 (200-126), and a coach who has a specific mentality with regard to football philosophy.

One thing that kills me is that this Bills team has zero identity. Look at the teams that are playing winning football right now. The Giants, Titans, Carolina Panthers, and Steelers are teams that have an identity of playing smash mouth football on both sides the ball. They win by running the football and stopping the run. At least with a coach like MS, you know you are going to get Marty ball and that could be a successful philosophy here in B-Lo.

I think Schottenheimer would be an excellent fit for not only this team, but the city of Buffalo as well. Combine that with the fact that he has won everywhere he's ever been and we could finally have a winning combination.