Romo

BUFFALOTONE

...and then he went home and banged Jessica Simpson. I still hate you Tony Romo.

I was going to write a similar thing because he needs to do more than pay the 8 dollar admission for a homeless guy to watch the movies for me to give a damn. He probably took away precious time from that homeless man who clearly had no intention about the movies and literally had about 1,000 more important things to do in his life...like get a job.

Maybe if Romo got him a job or something, I don't know. It's stupid that that gets written about when countless players spend countless hours with sick children. I don't care about the homeless. Never have. I have no sympathy for the person begging in front of a "now hiring" McDonalds. So why then, would this make Romo an ambassador for the sport?

PR move at its best. Cost him next to NOTHING for a good heartfelt story and some good press. Plus it takes some of the negative light from the NFL's decision to let Pacman back in the league. This stuff is engineered, but still better to read than all the negative sheize from all these holier than thou players.

PR move at its best. Cost him next to NOTHING for a good heartfelt story and some good press. Plus it takes some of the negative light from the NFL's decision to let Pacman back in the league. This stuff is engineered, but still better to read than all the negative sheize from all these holier than thou players.

...and there's an Area 51 and the government shot Kennedy because he wasn't a Masonite.....

Cue X-Files music...

I was going to write a similar thing because he needs to do more than pay the 8 dollar admission for a homeless guy to watch the movies for me to give a damn. He probably took away precious time from that homeless man who clearly had no intention about the movies and literally had about 1,000 more important things to do in his life...like get a job.

Maybe if Romo got him a job or something, I don't know. It's stupid that that gets written about when countless players spend countless hours with sick children. I don't care about the homeless. Never have. I have no sympathy for the person begging in front of a "now hiring" McDonalds. So why then, would this make Romo an ambassador for the sport?

The fact of the matter is he didn't have to do it. And I suspect he didnt run over to the daily news and tell everyone what he did. The guys is using his celebrity for something positive. He can easily be a douche bag and walk right by the guy who has been sleeping in his own filth for a few days.

What do you want him to do, hand him his car keys and say go nuts. When was the last time you did something for someone other than yourself, and be honest.

Just by the tone of your posts you seem like the type who is hell bent on negativity and always has to be right. Keep it up, your doing a great job.

The fact of the matter is he didn't have to do it. And I suspect he didnt run over to the daily news and tell everyone what he did. The guys is using his celebrity for something positive. He can easily be a douche bag and walk right by the guy who has been sleeping in his own filth for a few days.

What do you want him to do, hand him his car keys and say go nuts. When was the last time you did something for someone other than yourself, and be honest.

Just by the tone of your posts you seem like the type who is hell bent on negativity and always has to be right. Keep it up, your doing a great job.

Yeah, according to the article, it was the homeless man "Doc" that related the story to the press, not Romo. When approached about the story, Romo confirmed it but provided no details. This doesn't seem to be a PR move to me.

As much as I hate the Cowgirls, I do like Romo. He seems like a nice guy and he probably has more humility than most players, coming from Eastern Illinois and not being a highly touted prospect.

Most people hate Romo because he gets an inordinate amount of attention on ESPN and other media outlets, but that is certainly not his fault.

Sorry I didn't sympathize with a professional athlete spending 8 dollars on a homeless guy. I agree, that blatantly shows how negative I am.

What have I done? I share a different viewpoint than you. I hold the door for people when I enter and exit places. I tip waitresses, I buy people I know gifts for holidays. I don't do anything abnormally nice, I just exercise being a decent samaritan. That's enough for me. I don't go out of my way to help someone I don't know because I don't know why they need help in the first place. I don't take the time to find out if they were a heroin addict, a drunk, or a poor unfortunate soul who lost their family to a devastating accident. That's my position, and I'm fairly certain my right to have that position.

I'm not negative, I just don't feel any better for Romo than than I did before I read that article. Again, I don't have to.

I'm typically an optimistic guy, but when you take my personal stances and call me negative, that's just you being naive. I have a right not to feel good about Romo. I'm sorry you feel otherwise, but I wasn't attacking you for your opinion of the guy, I just disagree with your opinion of the guy. Next time refrain from making it personal and calling me negative when you don't know me.

Sorry I didn't sympathize with a professional athlete spending 8 dollars on a homeless guy. I agree, that blatantly shows how negative I am.

What have I done? I share a different viewpoint than you. I hold the door for people when I enter and exit places. I tip waitresses, I buy people I know gifts for holidays. I don't do anything abnormally nice, I just exercise being a decent samaritan. That's enough for me. I don't go out of my way to help someone I don't know because I don't know why they need help in the first place. I don't take the time to find out if they were a heroin addict, a drunk, or a poor unfortunate soul who lost their family to a devastating accident. That's my position, and I'm fairly certain my right to have that position.

I'm not negative, I just don't feel any better for Romo than than I did before I read that article. Again, I don't have to.

I'm typically an optimistic guy, but when you take my personal stances and call me negative, that's just you being naive. I have a right not to feel good about Romo. I'm sorry you feel otherwise, but I wasn't attacking you for your opinion of the guy, I just disagree with your opinion of the guy. Next time refrain from making it personal and calling me negative when you don't know me.

Lighten up Francis

The guy had a job!! Tony Romo the jerk cost this guy a days pay. Reread the article.... :-) :-) :-)

"hustled across the street to the consignment store that paid him to occasionally pass out fliers and requested the day off. By the time he got back to the theater, Role Model had already started.

The guy had a job!! Tony Romo the jerk cost this guy a days pay. Reread the article.... :-) :-) :-)

"hustled across the street to the consignment store that paid him to occasionally pass out fliers and requested the day off. By the time he got back to the theater, Role Model had already started.

That didn't get past me and was what I was hinting at when I said that seeing the movies with romo was not what he should be doing.

Thats a nice story, although my favorite has to do with Shaquille Oneal. When he was with the Lakers, Oneal was driving outside LA and pulled into a gas station and seen an old man driving a junk car, Shaq said to the guy he shouldnt be driving that on the highway, the old man agreed but he had no choice cause it was the only way he could get around to see his kids. Immediately Shaq said not anymore and took the guy to a car dealer and told him to pick out any car he wanted to. Guess the old guy picked out some car for about 65k and Shaq bought it for him right there and then. This story was on ESPN a few years back, thats where I get the info from. Any Lakers fan can probably confirm it for me.....great story though.

Thats a nice story, although my favorite has to do with Shaquille Oneal. When he was with the Lakers, Oneal was driving outside LA and pulled into a gas station and seen an old man driving a junk car, Shaq said to the guy he shouldnt be driving that on the highway, the old man agreed but he had no choice cause it was the only way he could get around to see his kids. Immediately Shaq said not anymore and took the guy to a car dealer and told him to pick out any car he wanted to. Guess the old guy picked out some car for about 65k and Shaq bought it for him right there and then. This story was on ESPN a few years back, thats where I get the info from. Any Lakers fan can probably confirm it for me.....great story though.

Shaq is one of my top 5 favorite people in the world of sports. IMO he has one of the greatest personalities out there, and he spent a few good years playing with utter dominance at his position. It's sad to see the way he's declined.

Your whole post was negative "I dont give a damn about the homeless." Would you rather read about a guy getting arrested for the 10th time?

I dont care to know you. But when you post on a message board constantly be prepared to get judged.

Read the same thing but it was in his book and it was the Lakers personnel valet at the facility. Shaq was walking out of practice and saw him with the hood up, I guess it was a usual situation. Shaq told him to get in his car and the guy initially thought he had done something wrong to Shaqs car when he parked it. Then he took him to the dealership and picked out a 30k truck or something.

Still which ever way its told its pretty classy.