Trent Edwards is still suffering from lingering effects

firstngoal

I don't think that his symptoms would be noticeable at the normal level of functioning. And i don't think they could recreate the stress he feels in the pocket during a live game. In practice he knows he's not going to get hit or that somebody is trying to knock him into lala land. It's a different story in a live game when any of the 11 defensive players would love to lay a hurtful hit on him....

How do you explain Cleveland never laying a hand on him?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. My friend got into a car accident and sufferred a concusion. He said even after six months he was having trouble with certain thought processes, and you would never know by talking to him that something was wrong. I know that they are all different, but it still could be effecting Trent. How else could he not see Evans open that many times.

I don't think that his symptoms would be noticeable at the normal level of functioning. And i don't think they could recreate the stress he feels in the pocket during a live game. In practice he knows he's not going to get hit or that somebody is trying to knock him into lala land. It's a different story in a live game when any of the 11 defensive players would love to lay a hurtful hit on him....

When he drops back in practice, have somebody shoot him in the back with a paintball now and then.

When he drops back in practice, have somebody shoot him in the back with a paintball now and then.

not the same as a 350 pound or more lineman picking you up and bodyslamming you to the turf all done with the intention of putting you out of the game....

would imagine that playing qb at the nfl level requires instantaneous processing of information and super quick reflexes to carry through with that info. I do believe that there is some residual of the concussion which is affecting his play. I read where increased stress increases the symptoms. I'm not looking for an excuse for trent, just a reason for the drastic dropoff in his play....

I said something similar a while back. I just can't believe that he is fully recovered from his concussion.

all I know is what I have seen over the last 4 weeks...early on in the year he hung in the pocket and was totally focused on his recievers until the very last nanosecond to make the pass, totally obvilious to oncoming rushers...since the concussion it now appears he is much more conscious of the rush than the recievers.

Dude come on. He had all night to throw against the Browns. How can being afraid of getting hit explain holding the ball too long? Wouldn't it make him throw it more quickly rather than holding it?

I think thats why he was dumping everything off. Evans didn't seem to happy either.

I've had 1 concussion in my life and it still hurts if anyone hits me on the top my head. I don't know how these guys do it quite frankly.

all I know is what I have seen over the last 4 weeks...early on in the year he hung in the pocket and was totally focused on his recievers until the very last nanosecond to make the pass, totally obvilious to oncoming rushers...since the concussion it now appears he is much more conscious of the rush than the recievers.

Perhaps he is having a crisis of faith.

He got his brain scrambled - sometimes players think about their future, their wife, future children etc., and come to the conclusion that that first contract money is a nice start for a young family. Better than a future that might include a permanently addled mind.

If he chooses to leave the pro game, that's his choice. And a choice above criticism.

did I specifically say "The Browns"? did his struggling start when he played "The Browns"? Think, man, think.

What I read into your statement is that he is playing better teams and hence not performing well compared to early in the season when his (late-game) successes came against mainly mediocre teams. Hence, what I wanted to say is that if he can play well against bad teams, he should have a great performance against a pass defense-challenged team. Ergo - as of now, he can't even play well against bad teams. (Whew !)

I don't think anyone here is qualified to even comment on if his brain is pudding or not. From what i saw he first throws were off the mark. He ended up getting two quick INT's and became gun shy. He kept going to the check down because it was safe.

I don't think anyone here is qualified to even comment on if his brain is pudding or not. From what i saw he first throws were off the mark. He ended up getting two quick INT's and became gun shy. He kept going to the check down because it was safe.

beg to differ, but i'm qualified. i have a degree from suny@b in philosophy which more than qualifies me....