Trent Edwards Reminds Me Of..

JPicc2114

Well, these quotes do make me feel much more confident in both our QB and our coaches.

But Schonert gave Edwards credit for adjusting as the game wore on, and the dump-off throws to running back Marshawn Lynch worked. Lynch had 10 catches for 58 yards.

“You see Peyton Manning do it all the time,” Schonert said. “They just play Cover 2, Cover 2 and drop eight [in coverage], and he just keeps hitting Joseph Addai or whoever is his running back, and that’s his leading receiver.

OK, Edwards was doing his Manning impression. Thank God Lynch is coordinated cause he wasn't getting hit in stride. It is good to know that Schonert feels like the checkdowns were the way to play.

“The hardest thing that’s happened to me — this happened earlier in the season and it’s happened the past couple games — is that I’m preparing for defenses that we’re not really getting on Sundays or Monday nights,” But it’s just tough when they’re running the scout team and we’re not getting the things we’re seeing on tape.”

Well, if I were a betting man I would say he should prepare for teams dropping 7-8 guys and waiting for him to dump the ball.

Here's a vote for Rick Ankiel...

This is our best hope. First Ankiel was good, then he sucked and now he is one of the top 5 players in baseball. This shows that some players can suck horribly like Trent and then turn things around.

There are two things that are different though:

1. Ankiel was good before he sucked. Trent does not have that in his favor.

2. Ankiel has the benefit of working for what is generally considered the best organization in pro sports. i am not as down on the Bills org as some, but they are not the Cards.

There is one thing in the Ankiel comparison that works in Trent's favor:

1. Both Ankiel and Trent wear a glove. ;)

Well, these quotes do make me feel much more confident in both our QB and our coaches.

Then, how about this quote:

“If there’s nothing downfield I can’t force it,” he said. “That’s what was happening on those two interceptions. I don’t think that’s fear, I think I made the mistakes by forcing the ball down the field. That’s the same defense they ran the whole game. So I don’t think I need to keep throwing into coverage and keep putting myself in bad positions.”

Should he be reminded that the INTs happened on 10-yd patterns? That's downfield?

OK, Edwards was doing his Manning impression. Thank God Lynch is coordinated cause he wasn't getting hit in stride. It is good to know that Schonert feels like the checkdowns were the way to play.

Well, if I were a betting man I would say he should prepare for teams dropping 7-8 guys and waiting for him to dump the ball.

“The hardest thing that’s happened to me — this happened earlier in the season and it’s happened the past couple games — is that I’m preparing for defenses that we’re not really getting on Sundays or Monday nights,” But it’s just tough when they’re running the scout team and we’re not getting the things we’re seeing on tape.”

And the scout team for the list of "Los Gatos scapegoats". At least Lindell and Evans will have some company.

In addition to sucking, this guy is a dirt bag too? And popular with 75% of this board? ;)

This is our best hope. First Ankiel was good, then he sucked and now he is one of the top 5 players in baseball. This shows that some players can suck horribly like Trent and then turn things around.

There are two things that are different though:

1. Ankiel was good before he sucked. Trent does not have that in his favor.

2. Ankiel has the benefit of working for what is generally considered the best organization in pro sports. i am not as down on the Bills org as some, but they are not the Cards.

There is one thing in the Ankiel comparison that works in Trent's favor:

1. Both Ankiel and Trent wear a glove. ;)

Ankiel is a top 5 player in baseball????? He's proven he can hit the long ball but he's barely a top 5 hitter on his own team. Pujols, Ludwick and Glaus are most certainly better than Ankiel (and Skip Shumacker will be better than him by next year if he isn't already) Also, he is a below average fielder who has very little range in centerfield. And what's your rationale for calling the Cards the best pro organization? I'm not saying you're wrong but you don't back that statement up with anything.

Ankiel is a top 5 player in baseball????? He's proven he can hit the long ball but he's barely a top 5 hitter on his own team. Pujols, Ludwick and Glaus are most certainly better than Ankiel (and Skip Shumacker will be better than him by next year if he isn't already) Also, he is a below average fielder who has very little range in centerfield. And what's your rationale for calling the Cards the best pro organization? I'm not saying you're wrong but you don't back that statement up with anything.

Wow, and here I thought you 'got it'.

"First Ankiel was good, then he sucked and now he is one of the top 5 players in baseball."

"This shows that some players can suck horribly like Trent and then turn things around."

Ankiel has had a remarkable resurgence as an outfielder but saying he is even in the top 100 in MLB is pushing it after playing only 120 games in the '08 season and hitting .262 with 100 strikeouts. Even his power numbers and OPS %, which are his best stats, were easily eclipsed by scores of other players this year.

As for Edwards, he has to turn it around as a quarterback - there's no other position on the field that he can move to unless he has some extra-point kicking experience that I don't know about.

Sorry, but terrible terrible analogy.