AUTO BAILOUT?

throwbackbilly

Would the irresponsible institution be the company as well as the union contract?

Did I ever say that the industry was fine before September? I grew up in a town that once employed THOUSANDS of workers and now has maybe half of that workforce in place. You don't have to tell me that the industry has been going down hill. In regards to your economy 101 - yes, of course things can be made cheaper overseas. Of course in many of those places overseas the wages are not fair, health care is covered by the government, etc., etc. Pretty soon your economy 101 will soon be affecting every U.S. company unless something is done.

Why do you need to know exactly how much I pay for health insurance? Frankly it's none of your business. I pay x amount per month... point is that I PAY for me and my family to be covered. And it is MUCH better than when I worked for a non-union company when I was told that I would have to drop over $1,000 per month to cover my family. That is ridiculous.

I work within a International Union. I see union contracts and arbitration settlements almost daily.

Ok, so you have seen what happens when there is a lack management foresight and direction... but yet you keep arguing with me that it's mainly the unions fault.

And NO KD health care coverage is not free. It's at a cheaper rate. I know this for a fact. I have union health care coverage, do you? No. So maybe you heard someone or read on some blog that all union people get free insurance. It's wrong. Our whole staff pays into their coverage per month.

Favorite strawman - it's the truth.. incompetent management, exec comp, no accountability for failure, etc. Will most certainly bring a company down faster than the worker. After all, they are paid the big bucks to lead right? Instead many are rewarded for their failures or promises they can't deliver. The ones that are screwed are the workers... they are first ones to lose their jobs.

I have had jobs on both sides as well. I understand that both sides have issues that need to be corrected. I just don't have the hatred that you have towards one side. And when are you sending me your money - I have held MANY managerial positions outside of the union.

I'm not to sure if some union brother screwed you over in the past... but get over it.

Those other industries I talk about are like Walmart. Probably a great company to you, yet they decimate small businesses, treat workers unfairly, import more from China than some nations, have suits against them for labor violations, etc., etc. Unions protect workers from being treated unfairly.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No are you talking about 73 per hour as double time? Because I don't any UAW members making that much unless it double time. The problem with any union contract is that costs provided within are skyrocketing... example: health care. Not the wages.

you will read my post carefully--you will see that I said wages/benefits

And NO KD health care coverage is not free. It's at a cheaper rate. I know this for a fact. I have union health care coverage, do you? No. So maybe you heard someone or read on some blog that all union people get free insurance. It's wrong. Our whole staff pays into their coverage per month.

Well I know when I had union Health coverage it was free, that was Health, vision and dental, for the family.

Well, you've blamed everything that's happened over the past eight years on Clinton, so I'm not surprised to see you're already ramping up to blame Obama 60 days before he even takes office.

Yet another of your ilk's well-known attack side step deflections hoping that nobody notices the diversion... :thumbsup: