Injury update: Ain't looking to good

DaGimp

"Reed back, DBs hurting

Receiver Josh Reed was back participating in practice today, as the Bills worked in the fieldhouse. Reed has been sorely missed the past three games with an ankle sprain, and it looks like he will return against the Chiefs. We'll see what he says after practice.

Meanwhile, cornerback Jabari Greer was not in attendance. He suffered what was described as a significant knee injury Monday night. Safeties Donte Whitner (shoulder) and Bryan Scott (knee) both were watching practice in sweats from the sideline. Also absent from the start of practice were defensive end Aaron Schobel (foot) and linebacker Marcus Buggs."

---Mark Gaughan from Buffalo Bills Bill Board-buffalo news

"Reed back, DBs hurting

Receiver Josh Reed was back participating in practice today, as the Bills worked in the fieldhouse. Reed has been sorely missed the past three games with an ankle sprain, and it looks like he will return against the Chiefs. We'll see what he says after practice.

Meanwhile, cornerback Jabari Greer was not in attendance. He suffered what was described as a significant knee injury Monday night. Safeties Donte Whitner (shoulder) and Bryan Scott (knee) both were watching practice in sweats from the sideline. Also absent from the start of practice were defensive end Aaron Schobel (foot) and linebacker Marcus Buggs."

---Mark Gaughan from Buffalo Bills Bill Board-buffalo news

bad news on Buggs (who the F is bugs and why should we have to care about someone named Buggs.......JC we've hit a new low)

It'll be great to have Reed back, and I sure hope Whitner and Scott are both ready to go. Scott is building up a pretty good track record of covering tight ends. Greer will be sorely missed if/when McKelvin continues to show growing pains in coverage.

And what can you say about Buggs? He was the heart and soul of this team and we won't win another game without him.

Am I the only one who though Corner & McKelvin played solid Monday night? If McKelvin brings that INT into his arms, everyone around here would be saying he's ready to start. Fact of the matter is McKelvin showed some nice playing ability when he was on defense this past game. He really made some strides I thought. He took his attitude from kickoffs to defense and it worked well for the most part. I still think if he gets that INT in the 4th quarter he was taking it to the house!

A serious knee injury might be what we need to keep Greer on the team. Missing the last half of the year and a knee injury will kill his value. Sign him for the right price while we can, and let him take his time rehabing. That may allow us to lose McGee the following year, and save some of Ralphs 401k.

Agree 100% about McKelvin/Corner. I was very down on McKelvin this year, but his play last night made me think he can be close to lock down. That kick return TD may be the turning point in his season, as after that he was pretty great in coverage. The only time I even remeber him being tested was on his dropped pick. Corner has been very solid all year, and played a lot better than a 4th rounder. Youboty can still start in this league as well. We may have a very good, young group of corners on our hands.

A serious knee injury might be what we need to keep Greer on the team. Missing the last half of the year and a knee injury will kill his value. Sign him for the right price while we can, and let him take his time rehabing. That may allow us to lose McGee the following year, and save some of Ralphs 401k.

Agree 100% about McKelvin/Corner. I was very down on McKelvin this year, but his play last night made me think he can be close to lock down. That kick return TD may be the turning point in his season, as after that he was pretty great in coverage. The only time I even remeber him being tested was on his dropped pick. Corner has been very solid all year, and played a lot better than a 4th rounder. Youboty can still start in this league as well. We may have a very good, young group of corners on our hands.

I hope he reminds me of Winfield for the rest of his career (I'll even take the stone hands if he cover).

What's the over/under on when Schobel actually practices?

Seriously, I really want him back on the field.

Training Camp.

Here's what was in this week's PFW Whispers:

"A club source tells us that it's very realistic Bills DE Aaron Schobel won't play another down this season. A foot injury has kept Schobel, a Pro bowler and the team's best pass rusher sidelined since week 5."