Cornerbacks for next year...

LabattBlue

Here is what I would like to see...

Re-sign Greer to a new 3 or 4 year contract ASAP

Keep McGee in 09 and then let him walk(see performances against Ginn and Braylon among others) after the year when his contract expires.

McKelvin

Youboty(If he stays healthy in 09, re-sign him to a multi-year deal).

Corner

If Youboty stays healthy, no need to take a day 1 CB in either 2009 or 2010 drafts.

In summary,

Invest in Greer, not in McGee

Keep McGee in 09 and then let him walk(see performances against Ginn and Braylon among others) after the year when his contract expires.

McKelvin

Corner

If Youboty stays healthy, no need to take a day 1 CB in either 2009 or 2010 drafts.

In summary,

Why? I think McGee played a good game last night. I discount the Ginn game as he was clearly hurt.

What is the basis for your decision to invest in Greer and not McGee?

Why? I think McGee played a good game last night. I discount the Ginn game as he was clearly hurt.

McGee played a tremendous game last night. All the cornerbacks did, but McGee had 6 pass deflections, which is a relatively gaudy statistic if you're unaware. However, I do believe that Greer is the better coverage corner and is worth the investment. I would have preferred to keep McGee for his kick returning skills until McKelvin came along.

Greer is a almost 2 years younger than McGee, will come a lot cheaper and IMO is just as good if not slightly better in pass defense and run support.

McKelvin

Corner

In summary,

I thought McKelvin held his own at CB last night. I too hope they keep Greer. However we've been drafting like we're gonna let him walk with all the db's in the lasy few years.

Has anyone else here noticed that THOUSANDS of Buffalo Bills fans at last night's game were waving white (surrender) towels?

When did they start doing this?

Why don't they stop?

Fans will wave anything they are given to wave.

They're like zombies for the most part.

The Bills could hand them dirty underwear from somalia and they'd be waving it until their arms fell off.

McKelvin

Corner

In summary,

I think this is probably the way things will go.......though not due to talent level of McGee/Greer.

As others have pointed out, Greer will be cheaper in the long run......he is younger......and we now have McK for kick returns. We also have McGee for an extra year in which to find out if McK is going to pan out at CB.

If we re-sign Greer(which should be a reasonably priced contract)......and McK pans out......then next season we will have 3 starter quality CBs and can afford to let McGee go the following year. If McK does not pan out then we can re-sign McGee(though this will probably be expensive).

Fans will wave anything they are given to wave.

They're like zombies for the most part.

The Bills could hand them dirty underwear from somalia and they'd be waving it until their arms fell off.

I knew we were in trouble last night when I witnessed THOUSANDS of Bills fans waving the white surrender flags!

McGee played a tremendous game last night. All the cornerbacks did, but McGee had 6 pass deflections, which is a relatively gaudy statistic if you're unaware. However, I do believe that Greer is the better coverage corner and is worth the investment. I would have preferred to keep McGee for his kick returning skills until McKelvin came along.

Are you aware that Braylon Edwards had 8 catches for over 100 yards, and arguably his best game of the season?

Guys, a lot of people on here have bashed McKelvin, but I like him...he's going to be a big time playmaker, and last night was a good implication. I also liked how he was jumping around and pumping his fists after the first two big kick returns - love the emotion, wish some other people on the team would get excited. He also almost came up with that interception, while making a good defensive play in the process. This guy will be the real deal, and well worth the pick we used on him. Just give him time.

Are you aware that Braylon Edwards had 8 catches for over 100 yards, and arguably his best game of the season?

Are you aware that the Bills run a zone defense and that Edwards' 3 biggest receptions were the result of Ko Simpson being late on the coverage when McGee became responsible for covering the flat?

Are you are that Quinn threw at Edwards 19 times and that Edwards not picking up 8 receptions and at least 100 yards would have been absolutely pathetic?

I dont even see y anyone is even talking about our secondary...only thing I can see talking about is re-signing Greer...if Bills re-sign Greer, they are set at secondary and dont need to worry about it next season...Im pleased with the way Scott is playing and they have enough backups...they need to worry about the lines this season and thats it.

I dont even see y anyone is even talking about our secondary...only thing I can see talking about is re-signing Greer...if Bills re-sign Greer, they are set at secondary and dont need to worry about it next season...Im pleased with the way Scott is playing and they have enough backups...they need to worry about the lines this season and thats it.

I agree, like your draft too.

let's see, out of McGee, McKelvin, Greer, should we:

A) keep the least athletic one, who has already pretty much maxed out his potential? (He did go undrafted for a reason)

or should we:

B) keep the two with the most athletic skills, one of whom has shown he can do a capable job against even the elite WRs in the league, when healthy, and the other who shows enormous potential?

DUH, this is not a difficult choice. If you have to choose out of the three, Greer goes. The Bills blitzed like maniacs last night, frequently leaving McGee "on an island" against Edwards. Even though there were something like 19 balls thrown that way, Edwards had what could at best be considered a "good" game.

At nickel, they have Corner and Youboty. Since Youboty's health is clearly a ? they'll probably either draft somebody mid/late round, or pick up a veteran FA to compete for that roster spot.