SIGN MIKE VICK!

NavyBillsFan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wins by a QB are an NFL stat, just like in baseball for pitchers - look it up. Vick certainly has (had?) flaws as a person and an NFL quarterback, but he could be a good fit on certain teams even after 3 years of not playing - Baltimore, St. Louis, Oakland, Minnesota, and yes - Buffalo - come to mind.

No, they aren't. Look it up:

http://www.nfl.com/players/search?category...;conference=ALL

I challenge you to find me an Official NFL Stat that assigns wins and losses to QBs.

Good luck!

Wins by a QB are an NFL stat, just like in baseball for pitchers - look it up. Vick certainly has (had?) flaws as a person and an NFL quarterback, but he could be a good fit on certain teams even after 3 years of not playing - Baltimore, St. Louis, Oakland, Minnesota, and yes - Buffalo - come to mind.

I think you forgot to include the 49 ers as well.

And its a flawed stat, just like it is in baseball for pitchers.

Six times this year, Johan Santana did NOT record a win in a game which he left with a 2+ run lead. This happened only once to Lincecum. Guess who gets the Cy Young? B-)

Its the same deal in football. There are just way too many factors beyond a quarterback's control to evaluate them with a win/loss record. You have to try to pull out their impact on the game with things like yards per attempt and TD/INT ratio if you want to judge their play with any level of accuracy.

"I challenge you to find me an Official NFL Stat that assigns wins and losses to QBs"

Not official - but plenty of people care about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_wins_by_...arterback_(NFL)

Anyway, I don't know much about Jauron but Vick is probably better playing prison football games than Edwards will ever be as the Bills' starter at QB. I didn't mention the 49ers because Martz likes a drop-back passer.

If the Bills sign Michael Vick I will give up my season tickets. After seeing the episode on the Vicktory Dogs on "Dogtown" (NatGeo) I was sickened. I would feel differently if I were to see Vick making a push to support organizations who battle animal cruelty. Maybe he will. But from where I sit he doesn't have much character. He'll go to either the Cowboys or the Raiders, and fit in well.

"Six times this year, Johan Santana did NOT record a win in a game which he left with a 2+ run lead. This happened only once to Lincecum. Guess who gets the Cy Young?"

Totally agree about the flawed stat, but I still think it's impressive that Vick is the only QB to exit Lambeau field in postseason history with a win - and it came against against Brett Favre and against a team that was undefeated at home in 2003.

But as for the 2008 NL Cy Young, Santana and Lincecum had very close stats except in strikeouts - where Lincecum threw 265 in 227 innings and Santana had 206 in 234 1/3. Santana pitched for a contending team but had a terrible bullpen. Lincecum pitched for a terrible team period. I have no problem with Lincecum winning the Cy Young this year.

"I challenge you to find me an Official NFL Stat that assigns wins and losses to QBs"

Not official - but plenty of people care about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_wins_by_...arterback_(NFL)

Anyway, I don't know much about Jauron but Vick is probably better playing prison football games than Edwards will ever be as the Bills' starter at QB. I didn't mention the 49ers because Martz likes a drop-back passer.

Exactly. It is not at all official, and is a "talking point" stat. If it were "just like in baseball for pitchers" you would have no trouble finding it, and defining what constitutes getting a "W". The article you point to, simply attributes wins to the starting QB. How valuable is that? Would you give Edwards a L for the Arizona game, despite the fact that he played only a few snaps?

Vick is probably great at Prison ball, but he can't play Jauron ball. Pretty simple, actually.

Totally agree about the flawed stat, but I still think it's impressive that Vick is the only QB to exit Lambeau field in postseason history with a win - and it came against against Brett Favre and against a team that was undefeated at home in 2003.

But Vick didn't "win" the game any more than Warrick Dunn, Sam Rogers or Patrick Kerney "won" the game. Football is the ultimate team sport, and there's just no place for attributing wins and losses to one player. Vick was just 1/52.

As Dean points out, the NFL obviously agrees.

"But Vick didn't "win" the game any more than Warrick Dunn, Sam Rogers or Patrick Kerney "won" the game. Football is the ultimate team sport, and there's just no place for attributing wins and losses to one player. Vick was just 1/52."

"As Dean points out, the NFL obviously agrees"

Please, stop with your bullsh!tting. Wins are attributed to coaches and QBs, and everyone does it. Same for baseball pitchers, same for hockey goalies. When talking about the best QBs of all time, "Super Bowl wins" is one of the biggest issues. It's the very reason that Dan Marino is not mentioned as an all-time top QB and the reason Joe Montana is. Fans rarely talk about a running back not having a Super Bowl, or a receiver.

Why is it that I know that Peyton Manning has the record for most wins in the SEC during his college days at Tennesee? Because the the SEC keeps records like that. Just because the NFL doesn't "officially" keep win/loss records doesn't mean they're not interesting or important - or that they don't exist.

"But Vick didn't "win" the game any more than Warrick Dunn, Sam Rogers or Patrick Kerney "won" the game. Football is the ultimate team sport, and there's just no place for attributing wins and losses to one player. Vick was just 1/52."

"As Dean points out, the NFL obviously agrees"

Please, stop with your bullsh!tting. Wins are attributed to coaches and QBs, and everyone does it. Same for baseball pitchers, same for hockey goalies. When talking about the best QBs of all time, "Super Bowl wins" is one of the biggest issues. It's the very reason that Dan Marino is not mentioned as an all-time top QB and the reason Joe Montana is. Fans rarely talk about a running back not having a Super Bowl, or a receiver.

Why is it that I know that Peyton Manning has the record for most wins in the SEC during his college days at Tennesee? Because the the SEC keeps records like that. Just because the NFL doesn't "officially" keep win/loss records doesn't mean they're not interesting or important - or that they don't exist.

Nope. It's because Montana QB'd the 49ers, who won Super Bowls, not because of Joe's personal W-L record. And, BTW, Marino IS often mentioned as one oif the best all-time QB's by many, despite the failure of his teams.

You have failed to produce the official NFL stat for QB Wins and Losses, and have failed to produce the criteria by which the NFL assigns these unavailable Wins and Losses. Yes, fans and writers talk about QB wins...they do a lot of stupid things. So do posters.

Montana is 4-0 in Super Bowl games (3 MVPs) and is widely regarded as the best QB of all time. Tom Brady's three Super Bowl wins and .784 winning percentage have him in the conversation as best QB of all time. No matter how you want to spin it ("Montana QB'd the 49ers, who won Super Bowls"), QBs like Kelly and Marino will never be rated by fans as better than Montana and probably Brady and Peyton Manning because of their combined 0-5 SB record.

Dean, here is a link on the NFL's website showing photos of the "All-Time Winningest Quarterbacks"

http://www.nfl.com/photo/photo-gallery?chr...9000d5d8024bce4

Sign Mike Vick? Don't make me sick! He's a dick and dog fighting hick. Get a dog who won't give him a lick but a bite and rip his pants and making him dance as his crotch is bitten and not because the doggy's smitten. Then let the lineman unabated to him so they can break his limbs and hear him yell as his broken limbs swell. Then he'll know how it feels for those dogs he made squeal in horrible pain and all the dogs he's slain will get a laugh as those guys break his calves. So leave him alone don't get him on the phone. It should be well known that Bills fans will puke if they sign this mook. I'd rather see RJ come back, OK? This is the end of my rant it's over but still let rover tear him apart and let him get a fresh start after visiting the vet to get sewn up while he screams and sweats.

Not gonna lie that was sick

did you come up with that by urself?