Lynch failed to center the ball for the final kick

SKOOBY

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lindell missed the kick because it was windy and far away. That's it.

I heard the announcers were reporting wind, but I was there and the flags on the goalpost were limp, as was the American flag on the the flagpole. ?????? :thumbdown:

At the Ralph, the flags on the posts, and the American flag are not always (or even usually) representative of the wind at midfield, and on the field.

At the Ralph, the flags on the posts, and the American flag are not always (or even usually) representative of the wind at midfield, and on the field.

Dean, you're a good poster. I was at the stadium. There was little to no wind. Dawson just hit a rocket. Lindell has to make that kick. He didn't and has missed big kicks time after time.

He sucks. :thumbdown:

Dean, you're a good poster. I was at the stadium. There was little to no wind. Dawson just hit a rocket. Lindell has to make that kick. He didn't and has missed big kicks time after time.

He sucks. :thumbdown:

Were you on the field?

I'll take your word for it, though. Typically though, when a guy makes a very long FG in one direction (not indoors), it is less likely that a long FG will be made in the other direction. If you say the wind on the field was less than 5 mi/hour, then maybe it wasn't a factor.

Were you on the field?

I'll take your word for it, though. Typically though, when a guy makes a very long FG in one direction (not indoors), it is less likely that a long FG will be made in the other direction. If you say the wind on the field was less than 5 mi/hour, then maybe it wasn't a factor.

I get what you're saying but the kick could have been from 20 yards. Lindell was going to miss it. I knew that. It is a combination of being a Bills player and him being anti-clutch.

He sucks from beyond 40 yards. He is the best kicker in the game from inside 40 yards. So naturally, Jauron doesn't try to push the field goal try inside the 40 mark.

Exactly. Even with no wind, that's not a gimme for Lindell. But, I would never call Lindell unclutch. He has been money, most of the time, from maybe 42 yards and under.

Lindell had to angle it instead of just kicking it straight, which is obviously a more difficult kick.

Stay in the hash marks MArshawn.

Actually its the coaches fault for not playing and trying to run the clock out and giving him a 47 yard field goal kick when they had a minute left and all of theBrowns time outs to keep marching down the field!!!!

I only blame JAURON for the missed field goal, JAURON AND JAURON ONLY SHOULD TAKE BLAME FOR THIS LOSS!!!!!!!

There was a wind on the field. At the half, both Dawson & Lindell were having difficulties in making FGs with the ball spotted at the 35 while kicking towards the scoreboard end zone.

Yes, I remember the wind during the 3rd quarter but it died out in the 4th, just before Dawson's kick I was having a fit because there was no wind, and there seems like there is always wind swirling around that stadium.

Actually its the coaches fault for not playing and trying to run the clock out and giving him a 47 yard field goal kick when they had a minute left and all of theBrowns time outs to keep marching down the field!!!!

I only blame JAURON for the missed field goal, JAURON AND JAURON ONLY SHOULD TAKE BLAME FOR THIS LOSS!!!!!!!

On second thought I think you are right. If there is anyone who should understand the challenges of performing in cold weather it is Dick.

If it was anyones fault (which it isnt, it was a team loss as several facets of our game struggled blew it at times)...it was Leodis dropping a sure INT on that last drive by Cleveland that would have ended the game. I know he made a huge return for us, but come on man, you are a 1st round DB and the ball hits you right in the chest and hands with the game on the line and you drop the ball? Hes dropped several INT's this year...he needs to make that pick.

I can't tell if you're joking or not. That's how ridiculous you've become. I can't tell if you're joking about blaming a player for not blocking a kick. Seriously.

Anyone remember that movie with the Martian who didn't understand sarcasm? Yeah, he was annoying.

how do you know that Lindell didn't want to kick from the left hash?

I think your on to it here - to a kicker, must be like hitting a drive, if you are comfortable with the right to left, align the way they did...The fundamentals of ball striking are the same - be it a club or the kick...

Lindell had to angle it instead of just kicking it straight, which is obviously a more difficult kick.

Stay in the hash marks MArshawn.

I know this post is partly in jest, but if you were a REAL Bills fan, you would know that Lindell prefers the ball on the left hash because most kickets use the right goal post to aim their kicks in.