Trent lost the game (4 picks)

djh

- Trent had not re-covered from the Arizona hit.

- He had 3 picks in 1st qtr....one dropped in the end zone

- ESPN clocked him holding ball for over 4 seconds

- Trent sucked on Monday vs Cowboys as well.

- Trent only beats the weakest NFL teams

- checked down all game

- receivers open all game

- Cant throw deep in November

- For being intelligent....say UH alot

- Doesn't take responsibility for loss

- our defense was tired cause of defending after three 1st qtr picks.

- Browns suck...they had no business winning in Buffalo

Edwards is getting worse......nuff said!

he hasn't achieved Lossman status yet.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent lost the game. Stop making idiotic excuses for his pathetic play. You Trent lovers make JP lovers look sane.

Trent didn't lose the game by himself.

The coaches are constantly gameplanning and playcalling around an unathletic line that cannot fire off the ball and get push- this is particularly evident on 3rd and short and 4th and short.

Trent is going through the same growing pains that JP did last year- fortunately he isn't being jerked around, like JP was. Maybe he will work through this and become a great QB

Trent wasnt there last night. Its gotta be the hit in Arizona. He just isnt seeing anything at all. The press conference was awful, he took no responsibility. How can he claim that Cleveland took away all of his options. All game long guys jumping around and waving their hands. Yep it was that 27th ranked Pass D, they are good. Come on, take some responsibility.

WTF is it with "The Hit" that convinces everybody that's the cause of Trent's problems?

Here's a novel concept: The guy is in his second year. Go back and look at NFL history. It is quite common for 2nd year QB's to "regress". By this time, most defenses have figured out a young QB's tendencies. Defenses start to game plan around those, and use them to their advantage. Throw in the pressure of being the "guy", and I am not overly surprised he is playing poorly. In fact, I expected it to happen at some point during the year.

He's playing poorly because he has lost confidence in himself, and is playing scared. The result is usually for the player to go back to what his comfort zone was. In this, TE became Checkdown Charlie like he was last year.

Unfortunately, this is something he needs to work through, and it will take time.

WTF is it with "The Hit" that convinces everybody that's the cause of Trent's problems?

Here's a novel concept: The guy is in his second year. Go back and look at NFL history. It is quite common for 2nd year QB's to "regress". By this time, most defenses have figured out a young QB's tendencies. Defenses start to game plan around those, and use them to their advantage. Throw in the pressure of being the "guy", and I am not overly surprised he is playing poorly. In fact, I expected it to happen at some point during the year.

He's playing poorly because he has lost confidence in himself, and is playing scared. The result is usually for the player to go back to what his comfort zone was. In this, TE became Checkdown Charlie like he was last year.

Unfortunately, this is something he needs to work through, and it will take time.

I buy the concussion more than I buy the loss in confidence- concussions linger for quite some time. You just can't see him. He has been a successful athlete his whole life, he has confidence. He is just going through the same growing pains that all young QB's do. The main difference between him and Rothlisberger is that BR didn't play for a joke of a franchise

I buy the concussion more than I buy the loss in confidence- concussions linger for quite some time. You just can't see him. He has been a successful athlete his whole life, he has confidence. He is just going through the same growing pains that all young QB's do. The main difference between him and Rothlisberger is that BR didn't play for a joke of a franchise

I agree with this, and that's why I do not agree with the concussion theory. It does not pass the smell test.

I can see the concept of: concussion => lingering effects => poor play.

But, how does/would the concussion cause "growing pains" which then results in poor play?

I just think defenses have done a better job of disguising their coverages and formations, and that gets him somewhat rattled during a game.

If his initial read of a defense says coverage "x", and by the time he sets to pass, he's no longer reading "x", that can cause some confusion. That confusion leads to indecisiveness, which in turn leads to no longer anticipating where the WR is going to be. We see that on the field as lacking confidence, double clutching, and waiting for the WR to be actually open before throwing the ball.

he hasn't achieved Lossman status yet.

You're right.....Edwards is no where near being 11th rated passer in the league.

Edwards is 19th on a decent team, Losman was 11th on a crappy team...... Put that in your Easter Basket!

First off they still had one TO left. After missing the kick when Cleve took over they used it after 1st down. Second, when the Bills kicked there was still 35-40 seconds left. There was still plenty of time whatever happened to get the kick off. Plus if they tried even one pass and it was incomplete, when the Bills kicked there likely would have been over a minute left and the imcomplete would have stopped the clock. There were only two bad outcomes from throwing a pass, he gets sacked which would have taken him out of FG range totally , then they would have to pass next play unless of course it happened on third down, or an INT. Personally I thought they should have passed on 2nd down, and short pass maybe 5 yards or so and who knows what happens after the catch. It would be unlikely for him to have been sacked too as that was one of the few bright spots the oline did play well and gave him good protection.

As much as I hated to lose, would you have Trusted Trent with 0 time outs left to make a olay during a clutch time after playing how he did tonight? I certainly didnt, if he throws a pick, or takes a sack, the game is over. At least with lindell we had about a 70% chance to win.

First off they still had one TO left. After missing the kick when Cleve took over they used it after 1st down. Second, when the Bills kicked there was still 35-40 seconds left. There was still plenty of time whatever happened to get the kick off. Plus if they tried even one pass and it was incomplete, when the Bills kicked there likely would have been over a minute left and the imcomplete would have stopped the clock. There were only two bad outcomes from throwing a pass, he gets sacked which would have taken him out of FG range totally , then they would have to pass next play unless of course it happened on third down, or an INT. Personally I thought they should have passed on 2nd down, and short pass maybe 5 yards or so and who knows what happens after the catch. It would be unlikely for him to have been sacked too as that was one of the few bright spots the oline did play well and gave him good protection.

In fact there were zero sacks of Trent Edwards in that game.

I was hoping they would line up in the shotgun with Fred and Marshawn in the backfield and handoff to Fred like they did so well in the first half and a few times in the second half. Or, run the wildcat. Anything but running into the line 3 plays in a row. This is a play that hasn't worked all season. Unbelievable. I was one of the people who stayed in their seat through the time out and last play to boo loudly. That's really what cost us the game. Of course 3 picks, a fumble, a missed interception opportunity by Leodis, the refs not calling holding on the long TD run by Cleveland, not blitzing at all on the 96 yard TD drive by Cleveland, missing the field goal, and Trent not throwing to open guys all night, didn't help either.

I am more than willing to look past Edwards picks. The guy got up off the mat and did play a part in the Bills almost winning a game that they should of won. I can look past the four turnovers by two second year players. What I cannot accept is running three straight times on the final drive with plenty of downs and time left to burn. That was no gimmee field goal.

1) Coach: play to win

2) Coach: do not play "not to lose".

#2) is known as Marty Ball and Marty Ball sucks.

The Bills were using safe dumpoffs all night. Let Edwards have a chance to redeem himself. Use Fred Jackson more. It makes Lynch more effective.

And why not blitz, blitz, blitz? At this point what do we have to lose?

The points made about the play action have merit.

Football is a game of breaks and the Bills had some close calls but couldn't pull off the much needed turnovers.

I will give the o-line props for the Browns game. I hope it continues.

Nice, nice work McKelvin!!!

And here's to you Lee Evans. Put your hands down I don't think the ball is coming your way. :ph34r::worthy::lol: