Time to give Cowher the keys to the kingdom

cale

While listening to the game last night, I thought Jaws made some great points. Lynch needing to stop the dancing and go for the 4 yards; Trent needing to be coached better in his throws, etc. As a former player, why hasn't Jaws been in any coaching discussions? Is he making too much money without the worries now?

Cowher ain't a pipedream. You can never say never.

First, the best part about Jauron's contract is it's not guaranteed. Fire his arse and that's all folks!

Second, he already had a cheap owner (see: Rooneys) who rarely kept an FA's and won the superbowl

anyway.

Third, maybe Ralphy boy see's his own impending demise and pays a few extra bucks for the right guy.

Remember, Cowher would probably want full control and we don't have an actual GM.

Personally, I love the idea of a HC who will actually show some emotion and get in these players faces

when they play like crud.

What he said...But coaches contracts in the NFL *are* guaranteed. So that's the only thing. But it's not clear that the new contract has been signed.

C

Don't you think that might have been a big reason why he's not in Pittsburgh anymore? Maybe he'd like to find out what it's like to coach a real NFL team for a change.

:wallbash:

I'd love to see your list of what NFL franchises have consistently fielded more talent than Pittsburgh over the last 20 years.

The fact of the matter is that in the 15 years that Cowher was bumbling around there, the Stillers were frequently the most talented team in the NFL. And even with all that talent and playing in what was often the worst division in the NFL he has a grand total of 1 championship to show for it. And that championship was won by Dick LeBeau's incredible 4 game run where he utterly destroyed some of the best offenses in the league week after week. That's the same Dick LeBeau he helped run out of town before the Rooney's forced Cowher to rehire him.

It's also worth mentioning that with all those loaded teams and all those home playoff games that came from playing in a terrible division, Cowher's record in the postseason was still below .500 before LeBeau won him his only title.

As bad as Jauron is and as biased as I am toward Western Pennsylvania footballers, I'd still rather have Dick than that over-rated self-important cementhead albatross and the abysmal gameday decisions he frequently wrought on his players.

You think the Bills are a real NFL team???? Us & the lions are pretty much the laughing stock of the league. I lumped the Texans in their too but at least they have an excuse. Their an expansion team.

You need to go back to reading comprehension class. The original poster said "Hey why not Cowher, he's used to this small town BS." My response was that Cowher has done it once before and don't you think he'd want to experience what it's like to have a real organization behind him. Meaning not the Bills.

:wallbash:

I'd love to see your list of what NFL franchises have consistently fielded more talent than Pittsburgh over the last 20 years.

The fact of the matter is that in the 15 years that Cowher was bumbling around there, the Stillers were frequently the most talented team in the NFL. And even with all that talent and playing in what was often the worst division in the NFL he has a grand total of 1 championship to show for it. And that championship was won by Dick LeBeau's incredible 4 game run where he utterly destroyed some of the best offenses in the league week after week. That's the same Dick LeBeau he helped run out of town before the Rooney's forced Cowher to rehire him.

It's also worth mentioning that with all those loaded teams and all those home playoff games that came from playing in a terrible division, Cowher's record in the postseason was still below .500 before LeBeau won him his only title.

As bad as Jauron is and as biased as I am toward Western Pennsylvania footballers, I'd still rather have Dick than that over-rated self-important cementhead albatross and the abysmal gameday decisions he frequently wrought on his players.

Blah blah blah. I'd take Cowher over any of the coaches the Bills have had since Levy. Say what you want about his playoff record his teams were always in the post season.

Jauron is another one of those excellent coordinators but flops as a Head Coach

And Cowher is a pipedream:

1: Ralph is insanely cheap and won't pay what Cowher would expect

2: Ralph is insanely cheap and won't fire Jauron with the extension on the books

3: Ralph is insanely cheap so Cowher knows he won't be able to sign players

4: If Cowher is thinking of a comeback in 2009 he's probably got his eye on Cleveland or KC, possibly Dallas

bingo!

If he starts getting in their faces the Bills will never win a game.

Who's going to play for a coach that sprays spit all over the place and has the nerve to get in your face?

He froths at the mouth like he has rabbies or something.

Would you rather have that or a HC who can't even throw the replay flag onto the field??

Sorry, I'd rather be spit in the face.

Don't you think that might have been a big reason why he's not in Pittsburgh anymore? Maybe he'd like to find out what it's like to coach a real NFL team for a change.

I'm sure it has something to do with it.

Mostly, he will be looking for a team on the brink of winning. With a player

or two, and some better coaching this team could actually be really good.

OK, I'll bite. Please provide a media reference or link to support this statement.

Sorry. The contracts are guaranteed. My bad.

Only way to not pay him is if he signs with another team, and I believe we

pay the difference between the two contracts, supposing the Bills contract is

worth more.

Also, has he signed it?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/18/...rons-extension/

Sorry. The contracts are guaranteed. My bad.

Only way to not pay him is if he signs with another team, and I believe we

pay the difference between the two contracts, supposing the Bills contract is

worth more.

Also, has he signed it?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/18/...rons-extension/

Sal or Leo from the D&C were saying on their podcast that the Bills don't comment on contracts until they've been signed. The Bills have not commented on Jauron's contract. YMMV.

C

Cowher in Buffalo is a pipe dream as long as Ralph owns the team.

Ralph fired Polian (the single most important cog in those 4 SB teams) rather than continue to battle with him over salaries, contracts and other financial matters that needed to be done to not only put the team over the top, but sustain its success for years to come.

He's not going to eat 3 years of DJ's contract AND pay Cowher the $5 - 8 Million per year he'll want AND pay the salaries of the players that Cowher will want to bring in . . .