on way back from game

Coach Tuesday

The sad part is, he had all freakin night to sit in the pocket and pick them apart.

Not sure what the answer is for that display.

Yeah Kornheiser even commented "Can there be such a thing as having too MUCH time in the pocket?" I thought it was an astute observation because on a lot of plays Edwards just looked frozen out there.

Jaws said it all night in the color. Tonight's Edwards is not the same guy who started the season 5-1. That guy was a confident quick-decision maker. Tonight was a rookie. But worse: a scared rookie. He had ALL DAY to throw. The Browns blitzed--maybe--twice all night.

The regresssion of Edwards continues. He's not the same quarterback we saw early in the season. I'm not sure what happened to his psyche but it's in bad shape. Was afraid to throw the ball downfield. What's concerning is not the interceptions but the fact that he totally changed his mindset afterwards. The successful ones keep attacking and forget about the past quickly. He was the opposite - constant check downs - no throws on timing patterns - waiting for receivers to get wide open and then throwing late. Can't blame the o-line tonight - he had tons of time in the pocket. Mentally not there right now.

The regresssion of Edwards continues. He's not the same quarterback we saw early in the season. I'm not sure what happened to his psyche but it's in bad shape. Was afraid to throw the ball downfield. What's concerning is not the interceptions but the fact that he totally changed his mindset afterwards. The successful ones keep attacking and forget about the past quickly. He was the opposite - constant check downs - no throws on timing patterns - waiting for receivers to get wide open and then throwing late. Can't blame the o-line tonight - he had tons of time in the pocket. Mentally not there right now.

Jaws said it - You can't hide your QB. There would have been nothing wrong with sitting your QB - no matter how much he is a part of your future (see VY in Tenn.) when he is (way) off his game. The object is to win games. That or you risk losing your team.

C

A lot of people are blaming the hit against Arizona. I don't buy it. He looked amazing against San Diego. I actually think that since the Miami game, he's lost all his confidence and he's second-guessing himself on every play. The pick-6 against the Jets just helped him keep losing his confidence. The Pats crippled him even further. Tonight you saw the result of his waning confidence. The first pick (as accidental as it was) just sent him on a spiral.

Trent may want to sit on the bench for a couple of games and find his game again. Not saying I want Losman, just that maybe Trent needs to sit down and study the playbook harder and work his issues off the field.

Real quick on my BBerry on way back. Folks, we have WRs open downfield. Trent has time. And he's scared to throw it downfield. The right plays are being called and they're working, and our QB is terrified. Big Trent fan and i'm not sure what where we go from here, but its bad.

For the people who were at the game they would know best so I believe you 100%. It is hard to tell on television but I was getting that impression after he was throwing short to Marshawn for the majority of his passes.

Having thought about it some more I'm really not sure what the solution is. I guess you need to let him try to play his way out of it. Yes you risk losing the team, but in the long run I have to think its the best thing for everyone. Trent needs the reps and needs to gain his confidence back, and the organization needs to know they have the guy under center they thought they did. Having Losman come in and play well might be the absolute worst possible scenario, bc he won't be back next year. Having Losman come in and continue to stink would be the second worst scenario, because then where are you heading into the offseason?

I know folks are mad at the coaches, Lindell, etc., but this game, and this season, is all about having a young QB. Its part of the drill. NYC almost ran Eli out of town during his first 20 games. If Trent is the guy, and that's still an if, the key is patience, as frustrating as it is.

A lot of people are blaming the hit against Arizona. I don't buy it. He looked amazing against San Diego. I actually think that since the Miami game, he's lost all his confidence and he's second-guessing himself on every play. The pick-6 against the Jets just helped him keep losing his confidence. The Pats crippled him even further. Tonight you saw the result of his waning confidence. The first pick (as accidental as it was) just sent him on a spiral.

Trent may want to sit on the bench for a couple of games and find his game again. Not saying I want Losman, just that maybe Trent needs to sit down and study the playbook harder and work his issues off the field.

its the coaching staff that is destroying this kid. the pick 6 against the jets was another situation we shouldnt have been throwing in. but to put your qb in the EMPTY BACKFIELD SHOTGUN formation on 3rd and 1 on your own 9 yard line after hes already thrown 2 picks is downright despicable. they once again passed too much until it was too late. had they just not passed to the point where everything was ruined, we would have won this game and a few others as well. i dont know if it was on that 3rd pick or another play but we were in the shotgun formation with empty backfield on 3rd and short, called a timeout, and then came back out in the SHOTGUN EMPTY BACKFIELD still!!! after the WE called the timeout, not the other team.. we showed what we were doing, gave them a chance to get ready, then still did what we we showing b4 the time out. that is just another signature Dickie J move. him and Shonert need a real severe beating... and soon

Having thought about it some more I'm really not sure what the solution is. I guess you need to let him try to play his way out of it. Yes you risk losing the team, but in the long run I have to think its the best thing for everyone. Trent needs the reps and needs to gain his confidence back, and the organization needs to know they have the guy under center they thought they did. Having Losman come in and play well might be the absolute worst possible scenario, bc he won't be back next year. Having Losman come in and continue to stink would be the second worst scenario, because then where are you heading into the offseason?

I know folks are mad at the coaches, Lindell, etc., but this game, and this season, is all about having a young QB. Its part of the drill. NYC almost ran Eli out of town during his first 20 games. If Trent is the guy, and that's still an if, the key is patience, as frustrating as it is.

You start this thread saying that our starting QB Trent Edwards looks "scared" to throw the ball downfield and is "terrified". How do you go from there to you thinking that Edwards needs to play his way out of it? How would you feel if you were one of the other starters on the offense? In football, if you are afraid, you die. Times that about twenty for professional football. The Bills are 5-5 and if Jauron starts the quivering Edwards again he will see this team go ballistic. These players do not want to throw away the rest of their season on a guy who's clearly afraid, has thrown about fifty interceptions and was the main reason for the team going into the tank the last four weeks. Sorry, but you just don't do that to the other 52 members on the team who aren't afraid, or at least don't show it. So we have a center and QB that are afraid to play football? ENOUGH! Start Losman and at least let this team go down fighting and not quivering in fear. Last night was about as embarrassing as it gets. The Bills get beat, at home, on MNF, in a desperation game against a QB in his second start. Time for CHANGE!

How about fabricating an injury so that they can say Trent is still the starter?