The Miami game was a fluke

The Big Cat

Miami was no fluke. They are a good team with a better front office, & MUCH BETTER, more IMAGINATIVE coaching than Buffalo.

Our whole division will outcoach outfront office this team unfortunatley..Every one of division games from here on out are gonna be tough for us to win..The coaching staff gives us no advantage at all and our front office is run by a man whose NFL scouting experience accounts for a toenails worth of every other gm in our division..We are badly outmanned in most categories compared to our division counterparts..

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can take enjoyment out of losing more power to you. I still don't understand how you could call the Miami game a fluke. Anyone that has seen the Fins play this year, will have to say they have a good team, with good imaginitive coaching. Aside from the poor overall play by the Bills in that game, the offensive playcalling was terrible, & playing McGee without at least giving him help was a VERY POOR coaching decision. Where is the fluke in that?

It was a fluke because through three quarters, on the road, we were winning- and in the fourth quarter we GAVE them EVERY opportunity to win. I'm sorry, but when your last four possessions in a close game on the road are FUM, SAFETY, FUM, INT- that's why you lose. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH COACHING, OR PLAY CALLING OR MCGEES INJURY! NONE OF IT!!

It was definitely a fluke. A healthy McGee does NOT get torched by TGJ, and if they would have taken care of the football in the fourth quarter, they would have won- easily.

TGJ had as many yards against Buffalo as he had all year long. If McGee wasn't up to covering him for whatever reason, then WTH didn't Fewell do something/anything about it? If a player's not healthy, he's not healthy and there's nothing he can do about it. When Fewell's D is getting torched, he just stands there with his thumb up his keester and does nothing about it. Fewell hasn't done a thing except collect a paycheck the last 3 games.

It was a fluke because through three quarters, on the road, we were winning- and in the fourth quarter we GAVE them EVERY opportunity to win. I'm sorry, but when your last four possessions in a close game on the road are FUM, SAFETY, FUM, INT- that's why you lose. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH COACHING, OR PLAY CALLING OR MCGEES INJURY! NONE OF IT!!

"FUM, SAFETY, FUM, INT- that's why you lose." That is correct, but that is not a fluke, the results of those last 4 possessions were do to POOR COACHING, POOR PLAYCALLING, & overall POOR PLAY. A fluke is when something happens that shouldn't. For example; if the Bills had won that game against the Fins, THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A FLUKE.

"FUM, SAFETY, FUM, INT- that's why you lose." That is correct, but that is not a fluke, the results of those last 4 possessions were do to POOR COACHING, POOR PLAYCALLING, & overall POOR PLAY. A fluke is when something happens that shouldn't. For example; if the Bills had won that game against the Fins, THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A FLUKE.

Agreed there are no flukes due to poor excecution and poor gameplanning. Therefore even if the Dolphins had lost it would not have been a fluke in the true sense of the word. There isnt a stat in the standings called flukes.

There can be officiating flukes such as the San Diego Denver game thus one might argue that there should be a column for these said flukes.

:wallbash:

And the referees were certainly a factor against NE-

If only you "fans" were as fortunate as me, you'd know that we spent all our bad luck over the last three weeks- and that our ultimate AFCE record will be 3-3.

Watching this game, it's clear that we didn't totally crap the bed- NE and NYJ are two quality opponents.

We had Miami right we needed them- but those last four possessions (FUM, SAFETY, INT, FUM) killed us. 27 straight offensive plays with no points killed us against NYJ.

Folks keep talking like we were dominated in the last three games. Not the case, people.

12-4, here we come!

27 plays with no points is just boring. This team is too boring to win a big game. From the coach on down. Sunday afternoon is becoming a good time for a nap.

:wallbash: Wow.

Okay- since you don't live in reality- let me offer you a dose:

First play of the fourth quarter: 2nd and 7 at the Miami 47. Trent throws an interception. Are we now holding Jauron accountable for Trent's accuracy? Or were they foolish, down by a point, with just one quarter to play ,to throw the ball on 2nd down and 7? Let me answer both those questions for you, No/no.

Down by four, 13:17 to go in the fourth 3rd and 1 at the Miami 33 (FG range)- The Play call- QB Sneak. 2 yards gained but Trent has a brain fart and extends his harms outward, completely exposing the ball. Result, fumble. Would have been a 1st down. Was it the wrong play call? Nope, because if Trent doesn't crap the bed, it's a first down.

Okay, here's the ONE mistake that you might blame on the coaches, but it's by proxy only. 7:05 to go in the game, STILL down by four because we forced a punt on the previous possession- 3rd and 10 at the Buffalo 3 yard line- Trent is sacked for a safety. Was it Jauron's fault for the OLine opening the flood gates? Or was it his fault that Trent couldn't throw the ball away? Surely, not. I will accept the argument that we should have attempted a run to give us some space, but that's about it.

And finally- how could we forget- 1:56 to go, down by 9, 3rd and 19 from the Buffalo 49, pass to Royal, gain of 20 yards, fumble. Please explain to me how this play was the coach's fault.

I have not tried to stop you from enjoying the Bills wins. Enjoy them to your hearts content. Even the delusional desire a reality where "events" took place based a on a criteria of hope and "happy thoughts".

Yeah. We just elected a President on the same basis. Might as well go whole hog and imagine the Bills are a good team, too.

If only you "fans" were as fortunate as me, you'd know that we spent all our bad luck over the last three weeks- and that our ultimate AFCE record will be 3-3.

Watching this game, it's clear that we didn't totally crap the bed- NE and NYJ are two quality opponents.

We had Miami right we needed them- but those last four possessions (FUM, SAFETY, INT, FUM) killed us. 27 straight offensive plays with no points killed us against NYJ.

Folks keep talking like we were dominated in the last three games. Not the case, people.

12-4, here we come!

Josh Reed being out with an injury has been crucial, he has been huge on third down this year, since he has been out we havent been able to sustain drives or pick up 2-3 more first downs to get into field goal range. He doesnt make many TDs or big catches to get the press but hes a tuff physical reciever that has comeon big this year.

Beat Cleveland, SF, and KC and win 2 division games and that's 10 wins. If we get 10 wins with no running game or pass rush I'd say that wouldn't be a bad year. That may even get us in the playoffs!. Just saying don't jump ship yet, and I agree we are better than we have played the last couple of weeks.

Beat Cleveland, SF, and KC and win 2 division games and that's 10 wins. If we get 10 wins with no running game or pass rush I'd say that wouldn't be a bad year. That may even get us in the playoffs!. Just saying don't jump ship yet, and I agree we are better than we have played the last couple of weeks.

We are better than we have played but we are still a young team learning to win. The bigger issue hate to beat the donkey is our lines the offensive line being more the problem. If the offense isn't scoring the defense loses intensity it's just the way things are. We have talent but LINES win super bowls

<_< Wow.

Okay- since you don't live in reality- let me offer you a dose:

First play of the fourth quarter: 2nd and 7 at the Miami 47. Trent throws an interception. Are we now holding Jauron accountable for Trent's accuracy? Or were they foolish, down by a point, with just one quarter to play ,to throw the ball on 2nd down and 7? Let me answer both those questions for you, No/no.

Down by four, 13:17 to go in the fourth 3rd and 1 at the Miami 33 (FG range)- The Play call- QB Sneak. 2 yards gained but Trent has a brain fart and extends his harms outward, completely exposing the ball. Result, fumble. Would have been a 1st down. Was it the wrong play call? Nope, because if Trent doesn't crap the bed, it's a first down.

Okay, here's the ONE mistake that you might blame on the coaches, but it's by proxy only. 7:05 to go in the game, STILL down by four because we forced a punt on the previous possession- 3rd and 10 at the Buffalo 3 yard line- Trent is sacked for a safety. Was it Jauron's fault for the OLine opening the flood gates? Or was it his fault that Trent couldn't throw the ball away? Surely, not. I will accept the argument that we should have attempted a run to give us some space, but that's about it.

And finally- how could we forget- 1:56 to go, down by 9, 3rd and 19 from the Buffalo 49, pass to Royal, gain of 20 yards, fumble. Please explain to me how this play was the coach's fault.

Can you read? I didn't say it was ALL coaching, I also said POOR PLAY. I ask again where is the FLUKE? You can't answer that because there was no fluke.

Can you read? I didn't say it was ALL coaching, I also said POOR PLAY. I ask again where is the FLUKE? You can't answer that because there was no fluke.

Based on the play of the team in the first 6 games, putting those four possessions in a row was a fluke. And, no, I can't read. Write, yes. Read, no.

12-4, here we come!

It was NO fluke but very telling indeed. We were at 5-1 and got humiliated by a 2-4 team. <_<

We should've crushed them and the Pats as well.

12-4, here we come!

As lame as it is to quote Van Miller, here it goes...

"woulda, coulda, shoulda"

What are you smoking? Some cheap weed you bought in Miami after the game? The Bills were horse whipped!!!

Dominated! Decimated! Got their butts kicked by the Dolphins!

Same thing against NE and the Jets!!! The Bills are a poor team, OFFENSE, DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS AND COACHING

A total meltdown. Congress needs to investigate!

Based on the play of the team in the first 6 games, putting those four possessions in a row was a fluke. And, no, I can't read. Write, yes. Read, no.

I agree with you.

I don't care to quibble over the definition of 'fluke', but I will say this: we were a better team than Miami and lost the game due to a series of stupid but correctible mistakes and some bizarre plays.

We were up 16-6 in that game, if I recall.

It was NO fluke but very telling indeed. We were at 5-1 and got humiliated by a 2-4 team. <_<

We should've crushed them and the Pats as well.

I watched the 6 games Miami played before they played the Bills. They are a GOOD team with GOOD coaching, not only that, they are fun to watch because of the imagination of their coaching staff. I expected the Bills to win that game but thought it was going to be a close game. I posted those thoughts in a thread someone started saying the Bills were going to blow out the Fins.