My Biggest Fear Tomorrow

MattM

....is that Big Bob's wallet comes out late in the game if it's close and the refs end up deciding this one, as they have in many prior Bills-Pats* contests. Anyone else have that nagging feeling that if this one turns out to be close we can count on seeing the BS hankies fly yet again late in the game just in time to let the Cheatahs steal it?

just give it to 'em

phantom flag on Price on a crucial 3rd down play in '06

That first game in 2006 is my personal favorite--it was so bad that TMQ devoted space to it in his column, including the phantom whistle that cost us a TD on Nate Clements' pick of Tommy Boy and that was just the beginning of a series of some of the most ridiculous calls against the Bills I've ever seen in watching them for almost 40 years. If the fix wasn't in that game I'll eat your shorts.....

There have been so many terrible calls vrs the Pats I cant even think of which penalties happened in what year, seems lik eone big joke of a game to me. I do remeber in '05 being so furious after the Refs handed them a 17-13 victory on Sunday Night. Come to think of it they blew us out later in the year.... No doubt all those defensive signals they had on tape came in handy...

I can't in any way see this as a "fear" of something that may happen. It's almost a foregone conclusion that the Refs will at one or more points during the game make a call, or non call, that will be favorable to the Pats*. It happens almost every Sunday.

That first game in 2006 is my personal favorite--it was so bad that TMQ devoted space to it in his column, including the phantom whistle that cost us a TD on Nate Clements' pick of Tommy Boy and that was just the beginning of a series of some of the most ridiculous calls against the Bills I've ever seen in watching them for almost 40 years. If the fix wasn't in that game I'll eat your shorts.....

Nate would of scored if they didn't blow the whistle.

The real question is how many bills big plays will be called back for some lame questionable call. You know it's gonna happen... My favorite is when a big runback is called back because of some ticky tack call on the opposite side of the field. Those calls are good for +50 some yards in penalty....

....is that Big Bob's wallet comes out late in the game if it's close and the refs end up deciding this one, as they have in many prior Bills-Pats* contests. Anyone else have that nagging feeling that if this one turns out to be close we can count on seeing the BS hankies fly yet again late in the game just in time to let the Cheatahs steal it?

Earlier this season, I had hopes that the Bills would play so much better than the Pats* that even ref issues would not keep us away from victories. However, given our injuries on D (again !) and the putrid O performance (again), I am afraid we will be left blaming the officiating.

Earlier this season, I had hopes that the Bills would play so much better than the Pats* that even ref issues would not keep us away from victories. However, given our injuries on D (again !) and the putrid O performance (again), I am afraid we will be left blaming the officiating.

You're better than me. I think the ref calls aren't gonna matter because the Pats are still a much better team than we are.

We'll lose by 14 or more anyway.

Under normal circumstances I would chastise you (and make some sarcastic cheap shot) for even considering that the refs have any interest who wins the game they are working.

But, as this is the Pats*, and it seems to happen on a regular basis, I will say nothing, and share your concern.

Under normal circumstances I would chastise you (and make some sarcastic cheap shot) for even considering that the refs have any interest who wins the game they are working.

But, as this is the Pats*, and it seems to happen on a regular basis, I will say nothing, and share your concern.

Our only hope on this point is that our old LB, Jim Haslett, with his sending in the tape of the Rams game where NE was called for 0 penalties two weeks ago with the quote "I just want them to know we know", served to put Mike Pereira on notice that folks are on to the refs "lenient" (to say the least) treatment of the Pats*. Maybe that will make a difference this year--I mean, we can hope, right?

Yeah after the cheap penalty on Simpson, followed by the bad call on the catch by Welker, followed by the refs "not seeing" the challenge flag, it has convinced me, somewhat.

If the league is fixed, we might as well watch wrestling. or Roller Derby. They are as much a sport as the NFL...

Oh....btw- there was talk of the league being fixed back in the Kelly days. I was a big gambler back in the early 90's, and one week, the Bills were at the Bucs, and ALL the talk was that the fix was in, DONT bet the Bills. I thought to myself NO WAY is the NFL rigged. Well, I didnt bet the Bills and Kelly and the Boys went in to Tampa and were beat. The Gamblers all knew, the House knew and had Tampa favored. there was almost no action on the game that week.

Just a thought.