Music on NFL commercial--Every Day is Like Sunday

Anybody notice the NFL has a commercial where the song in the background is "Every Day is Like Sunday"? Kind of a strange choice--the artist is Morrissey, a whiny but brilliant British pop artist, formerly of the Smiths (the commercial uses a cover version, probably to make it sound more macho); and the lyrics aren't exactly descriptive of the NFL's product. Or are they?

Everyday is like Sunday

Everyday is silent and grey

Hide on the promenade

Etch a postcard :

How I dearly wish I was not here

In the seaside town

...that they forgot to bomb

Come, come, come - nuclear bomb

Anybody notice the NFL has a commercial where the song in the background is "Every Day is Like Sunday"? Kind of a strange choice--the artist is Morrissey, a whiny but brilliant British pop artist, formerly of the Smiths (the commercial uses a cover version, probably to make it sound more macho); and the lyrics aren't exactly descriptive of the NFL's product. Or are they?

Everyday is like Sunday

Hide on the promenade

Etch a postcard :

In the seaside town

What's the problem? they don't use those lyrics in the commercial. Everyday is like Sunday, that would be cool. Take any song used in commercials and I'm sure all of the lyrics don't apply to the product.

Everyday is like Sunday

Hide on the promenade

Etch a postcard :

In the seaside town

Pretty cool song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IbJQ4YAPRo...feature=related

Trudging slowly over wet sand

Back to the bench where your clothes were stolen

This is the coastal town

That they forgot to close down

Armageddon - come Armageddon!

Come, Armageddon! Come!

Everyday is like Sunday

Hide on the promenade

Etch a postcard :

"How I Dearly Wish I Was Not Here"

In the seaside town

Come, Come, Come - nuclear bomb

Everyday is like Sunday

Trudging back over pebbles and sand

And a strange dust lands on your hands

(And on your face...)

(On your face ...)

(On your face ...)

(On your face ...)

Everyday is like Sunday

"Win Yourself A Cheap Tray"

Share some greased tea with me

Yes, and the cover version is friggin horrible. They should have used the real song, instead of a wussie-assed cover of it.

The whole use of that song is stupid. Apparently, whatever moron approved it had no idea who morrisey is, or what he is about, or what the song is really about. A marketing epic fail. They apparently don't know that Morrisey is about as far away as what the NFL is about as you can get.

I'm a huge Smiths fan, if you couldn't tell.

Everyday is like Sunday

Hide on the promenade

Etch a postcard :

In the seaside town