DEFENSIVE END PROBLEM

I got something and would love to hear everyones opinion on it. Since the Bills are struggling, which is an understatement, at the defensive end position, why not take a look at signing or at least bring in a couple d-ends. For example, the green bay d-end that got released (cant spell his name) and if not him, why not simeion rice, the former Tampa Bay End. Might take Rice a little while to get back into things but who knows what could happen. Hes not washed up at all. I just dont understand why the Bills arent talking about these guys. They gota do something about the embarrasing pass rush.

I got something and would love to hear everyones opinion on it. Since the Bills are struggling, which is an understatement, at the defensive end position, why not take a look at signing or at least bring in a couple d-ends. For example, the green bay d-end that got released (cant spell his name) and if not him, why not simeion rice, the former Tampa Bay End. Might take Rice a little while to get back into things but who knows what could happen. Hes not washed up at all. I just dont understand why the Bills arent talking about these guys. They gota do something about the embarrasing pass rush.

The Bills HC is a stay-the-course kind of Guy...He believes in the talent He has...Now it can be argued ad nauseum whether or not this is delusional thinking...But it is what it is, and I seriously doubt The Bills go outside for help at DE...It's not DJ's style...

Recent, previous thread on this subject...9:31 AM.

The Bills have needed a quality pash rushing DE for several years. I've thought so and so have lots of other posters here. I just don't get why that need is never addressed. Schobel is decent,but way over-rated,Kelsay is OK as long as he's playing the Phil Hansen role and the rest of our DE's are garbage. The FO should be looking at every option to improve the DE position.

The Bills have needed a quality pash rushing DE for several years. I've thought so and so have lots of other posters here. I just don't get why that need is never addressed. Schobel is decent,but way over-rated,Kelsay is OK as long as he's playing the Phil Hansen role and the rest of our DE's are garbage. The FO should be looking at every option to improve the DE position.

It's really really hard to get good pass-rushing DEs. You don't just bring in a guy who's been out there for a while like the two guys mentioned at the top. They're available and unwanted because neither of them is much good anymore.

I thought that the Bills were going to take a DE in the first this year, but they lost the chance when the two guys good enough to pick there were long gone before our slot. It's easy to say "Improve the DE situation," but it's a bit like a baseball fan saying "all we need is a 40 home-run guy and a 20 game winner." These guys are magic, they are wildly in demand and it's hard as heck to get one who's any better than pretty decent unless you're picking in the top 5 or so.

Kelsey is not Ok, he makes no plays. Can you name them?

What exactly is playing the Phil Hansen role? Kelsay is in no way capable of playing Hansen's role whilst with the Bills. Have a look back to I think 1995. Hansen had 10 sacks and was 2nd or so on the team in tackles FWIW. Hansen was good against the run and could swing from outside to inside. He may never have scared anyone, but he kept them honest. I'd take that now. There's no way with the guys we have that we can play a 3-4. We have guys who just can't get to the quarterback from the 4-3. If Schobel is way over-rated, then there is no way that Kelsay is OK unless he's "way over-rated".

What exactly is playing the Phil Hansen role? Kelsay is in no way capable of playing Hansen's role whilst with the Bills. Have a look back to I think 1995. Hansen had 10 sacks and was 2nd or so on the team in tackles FWIW. Hansen was good against the run and could swing from outside to inside. He may never have scared anyone, but he kept them honest. I'd take that now. There's no way with the guys we have that we can play a 3-4. We have guys who just can't get to the quarterback from the 4-3. If Schobel is way over-rated, then there is no way that Kelsay is OK unless he's "way over-rated".

I think Kelsay would be adequate if he was lined up opposite a dominant pass rushing end. That's all I'm saying. Schobel is somewhat better than Kelsay,but I've never been a fan of his either. Actually I guess Schobel is more similar to Hansen,fine as a #2 DE,but not a guy anybody has to scheme around. Your DE's are a weak spot when Schobel is your best pass rusher.