So sure McCain is going to win? Lay some money on it!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry I can't get Youtube here at work. Was it some loser speaking from his mother's basement about buying gold?

No a black conservative explaining his viewpoints on how African Americans and poor urban dwellers have been duped into thinking Democrats are looking out for them. He presents a very logical argument in a very powerful and convincing manner. Toward the end, I think he loses a little bit of credibility by bringing Jesus vs Obama comparisons into the mix, but in general it's a good watch.

No a black conservative explaining his viewpoints on how African Americans and poor urban dwellers have been duped into thinking Democrats are looking out for them. He presents a very logical argument in a very powerful and convincing manner. Toward the end, I think he loses a little bit of credibility by bringing Jesus vs Obama comparisons into the mix, but in general it's a good watch.

I don't know why he brought the Jesus vs. Obama thing in there. I've never heard a minority conservative grasp that the liberal plan to "fix them" has not, will never, and can not work. That shocked me.

Do you know who it was?

I'll have to check it out at home.

Are you sworn in by the book of liberal supremacy? Because if so the video will do little to sway you. I've been preaching those ideals for years and it has done little to get people who have been brainwashed to see the light.

...then again if Sage saw some light, then maybe there is hope.

Are you sworn in by the book of liberal supremacy? Because if so the video will do little to sway you. I've been preaching those ideals for years and it has done little to get people who have been brainwashed to see the light.

You obviously don't know much about me do you?

You obviously don't know much about me do you?

I don't know a thing about you. I'm brand new on the PPP boards and I don't intend on staying (really, it's hard enough trying to have political conversation in West Virginia where I am, let alone a group of barely computer literate Bills fans).

Sorry if you thought I was judging. If anything it's good to hear there is one less person on here to be frustrated with.

Well I'm far from the most liberal person on this board. (I pretended to be that one time just to annoy you, and again sorry for the douchebaggery), but I've made it clear that I merely consider the Obama camp to be the lesser of two evils. I might come across as liberal on these boards because I like to combat all the "Obama is a lying communist fraud, blah blah dont drink the kool aid" people, but I am not convinced in the least that he's going to turn the country around. I'm just afraid McCain's presidency would be more of the same of the past 4 years, and the cruel spectre of a Palin presidency honestly scares me away from the Republican ticket.

Well I'm far from the most liberal person on this board. (I pretended to be that one time just to annoy you, and again sorry for the douchebaggery), but I've made it clear that I merely consider the Obama camp to be the lesser of two evils. I might come across as liberal on these boards because I like to combat all the "Obama is a lying communist fraud, blah blah dont drink the kool aid" people, but I am not convinced in the least that he's going to turn the country around. I'm just afraid McCain's presidency would be more of the same of the past 4 years, and the cruel spectre of a Palin presidency honestly scares me away from the Republican ticket.

You don't have to vote for either of the evils, I didn't. But keep perpetuating that two party system.

In a weak, small paragraphed attempt to deter you, there is a greater chance that McCain would not bring the same 4 years, than the chance that Obama will bring us immediate improvement, hiding behind severe long-term issues.

As they say, history repeats itself, and Obama's policy will bring more frightening results than FDR's New Deal, which if you remember from your AP history class did wonders initially, but soon after left more people jobless and multiple generations footing the bill to save a declining economy some 60-70 years ago.

While Obama's plan for being our savior reminds us all too greatly from the only other attempt to revive us from depression, McCain we know will logistically approach the scenario, and should not be immediately carted off as another Bush.

You don't have to vote for either of the evils, I didn't. But keep perpetuating that two party system.

Trust me, I hate the two party system. Supposedly, we're "choosing" the president, but realistically I only get to choose between two legit candidates. (I'm not registered with a party so I don't get to cast a vote in the primaries) But voting for a third party candidate or writing someone in is throwing away your vote, plain and simple. And unfortunately, voting for a specific third party guy can have unintended consequences. In 2000, a vote for Nader was essentially a vote for Bush, and I get the feeling that a vote for Barr is a vote for Obama in a similar fashion.

In a weak, small paragraphed attempt to deter you, there is a greater chance that McCain would not bring the same 4 years, than the chance that Obama will bring us immediate improvement, hiding behind severe long-term issues.

As they say, history repeats itself, and Obama's policy will bring more frightening results than FDR's New Deal, which if you remember from your AP history class did wonders initially, but soon after left more people jobless and multiple generations footing the bill to save a declining economy some 60-70 years ago.

While Obama's plan for being our savior reminds us all too greatly from the only other attempt to revive us from depression, McCain we know will logistically approach the scenario, and should not be immediately carted off as another Bush.

Well that's definitely something to think about (after all, the war got us out of the depression, not the New Deal), but my absentee ballot is already cast for Obama. However, I'm voting in New York so my vote changes pretty much nothing.

It will certainly be interesting to see what Obama brings to the table. (It's pretty clear he'll win) He's clearly a candidate that the international community is getting behind, which should at least improve our standing around the world. That was one of the more unfortunate side effects of the Bush presidency. And I guess we will just have to wait and see how effective of a leader he is. You can definitely make the argument that it's a cult of personality that got Obama where he is today (let the record show i supported Bill Richardson) and it's probably undeserved. On the other hand, he is well spoken and intelligent, which counts for something in my book. The next 4 years might go great, or they might go horribly. In either case, the country is quite frankly in the sh*tter right now, and a change of pace is most often the correct remedy for that.

Yawn!

The video of the angry black guy was more of the same- a lot of divisive language aimed at Democrats (all fair in an election, granted), but with NO counter balance, not one mention of anything on McCain's platform. Is it safe to say that McCain does not have an identifiable platform going into election day? You certainly wouldn't know it if you just followed his stump speeches.