The lack of not being able to run the ball is just baffling to me

Agree, it's unbelieavable to me that we suck at running the ball. Especially when I watch a team like Tenessee with no passing game be able to just run like crazy. Think maybe losing McNally hurt??, i mean even our pass blocking has been below average too after last year we set a franchise record for least amount of sacks given up...

Whats the f'in deal??

Most of the time, it's the running back.

Way back around the draft, I thought the Bills should have drafted another running back. I can't understand why teams have 10 linebackers and 10 defensive backs and only 3 or 4 running backs. Then they turn around and say how important it is to have a running game.

The Bills should have drafted another running back - higher in the draft. In fact, I'd take a RB almost every year. The position requires it. I remember saying, that teams should draft offense only and get defense with free agents.

Look at Denver, the get running backs every year, and I expect Ryan Torain to break out soon. Plus the have a smaller o-line. With the exception of our new LT.

Denver is the perfect example of why it's not the running back. In the past eight years, they've had a different guy lead the team in rushing 7 times. And several of them have done little or nothing after leaving Denver.

The Bills OL needs to watch tape this week - of the Titans OL. See what a bunch of committed, full of heart not as talented but much more productive line looks like. Sean Kugler needs to earn his paycheck this week.

C

I actually agree with this quite a bit...And they would do well to put in a Tape of The Giants O-Line as well...The Bills have every bit as much talent as these other Teams on the O-Line (not on the D-Line though...I admit that fully)...But these Teams go out with the intention of whipping the person on the other side of the Line...They take it personally...They are FAR more physical...They hurt people...They wear the other Team down...

How in Gods Name The Bills, with an O-Line that big, became a finesse Offense I'll never know...They should be running the Ball Down opponents throats...They have 2 VERY talented backs, just like The Titans and the Giants (well The Giants actually have 3)...There is no excuse for it whatsoever...A hell of a lot of it comes down to desire...I'm not saying Coaching does not play into it, but The Bills simply look out-muscled on both lines WAY too much...It's sad really...It wears Me out just thinking about it... :wallbash:

I've addressed this since pre-season last year but once again- Fowler isn't very good - Butler and Dockery are too tall and don't get good leverage in the run game- in addition Peters is now giving less than a 100% no more running around pancaking people- which leaves Walker as our best run blocker which is kinda sad- as for the subs I like D Bell but think the rest are somewhere between mediocre and pathetic.

I actually agree with this quite a bit...And they would do well to put in a Tape of The Giants O-Line as well...The Bills have every bit as much talent as these other Teams on the O-Line (not on the D-Line though...I admit that fully)...But these Teams go out with the intention of whipping the person on the other side of the Line...They take it personally...They are FAR more physical...They hurt people...They wear the other Team down...

How in Gods Name The Bills, with an O-Line that big, became a finesse Offense I'll never know...They should be running the Ball Down opponents throats...They have 2 VERY talented backs, just like The Titans and the Giants (well The Giants actually have 3)...There is no excuse for it whatsoever...A hell of a lot of it comes down to desire...I'm not saying Coaching does not play into it, but The Bills simply look out-muscled on both lines WAY too much...It's sad really...It wears Me out just thinking about it... :wallbash:

I long for the days of Ruben Brown having a total meltdown because the team didn't run enough. He took it personally when they didn't get yards or the OC didn't believe in them to get yards on the ground.

This line needs a pep talk from Ruben. I hear he still lives in Orchard Park.

C

Denver is the perfect example of why it's not the running back. In the past eight years, they've had a different guy lead the team in rushing 7 times. And several of them have done little or nothing after leaving Denver.

I would see how you could say that, but . . . Mike Bell didn't work out and several others didn't last long either. Mike Bell didn't have the talent. He was hyped as a possible starter as a free agent . . . but it was clear he didn't have talent.

Travis Henry could have worked out, but his head wasn't in the right place.

You're saying some guys had some production with Denver and went to another team and did nothing. That's true. Tatum Bell was like that.

A week or so back someone else posted the thought that maybe being tall is bad as they can't get low enough to get under the defenders.

I don't know - maybe. But to me this is just simple physics. Big mass + momentum should be able to push smaller and lighter objects out of the way. The thing that is so frustrating is that this OL should be able to go after anyone mano el mano and simply obliterate them. Thus far they can't seem to get out of their own way.

Not having Josh Reed these past two weeks has been murderous to all aspects of the offense. He's Trent's favorite release valve and without him, the offense has been COMPLETELY devoid of rythm and continuity.

I don't know. Parrish has actually played well and has been that safety valve...It is not like Josh Reed had multiple TDs in the season. What it is really missing is a real #2 WR who can take the pressure of Evans and catch TD passes in the end zone. I hope Derek Fine can do that....However, it looks like it is too much to expect of a rookie.