Our Remaining Schedule

H2o

Miraculous turnaround? Since when are we under .500? And tell me, what game left on our schedule do we have very little chance of winning? It's midway through the year and we are 5-3, with a manageable schedule for the second half of the year. Alot can happen, put things into perspective a bit.

The miraculous turnaround is that the Bills have beaten zero teams over or even at .500. Zero point zero. It took 4th quarter surges and some breaks to get 3 of those wins over crappy teams.

Pile unto that the fact that after 8 games, everyone in the NFL knows that the Bills won't pressure the QB and conversely, that the Bills can't run the ball.

I love this team. I think Trent is an excellent QB. Stroud is a good player. But looking at that schedule, I don't have confidence that the Bills will win more than 9 games and 8-8 looks like a realistic prediction.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miraculous turnaround? Since when are we under .500? And tell me, what game left on our schedule do we have very little chance of winning? It's midway through the year and we are 5-3, with a manageable schedule for the second half of the year. Alot can happen, put things into perspective a bit.

Low expectations.

The way I see it, the Bills built themselves a little buffer by going 4-0 for a possible slump down the stretch.

Besides Arizona (Noone beats Arizona in the desert), we lost 2 games we should have won. That's our slump. Now how this team reacts against the Pats will define this season.

Low expectations.

The way I see it, the Bills built themselves a little buffer by going 4-0 for a possible slump down the stretch.

Besides Arizona (Noone beats Arizona in the desert), we lost 2 games we should have won. That's our slump. Now how this team reacts against the Pats will define this season.

I agree. I see Sunday as easily the biggest game of our season. If we can beat the Pats* in New England, we hold onto at least a share of 1st place in the East, get that first big division win, take a monkey off our back, and run the record to 6-3, all in the same week. It's not going to be easy, but it can undoubtedly be done. This a huge game for Trent, he needs to bounce back and take control of the offense like most around here believe he can. Defensively, we simply cannot rely on 4-man rushes to get pressure on Cassel, and Jauron/Fewell NEED to develop a scheme that includes a wide variety of blitz packages. I'm not real worried about New Englands running game, and I would like to see Greer shadow Randy Moss all game long. If he does, I can see us containing Moss. We're also due for a big play from special teams, and Roscoe breaking one would be huge on many levels.

Call me an optimist.

First, I think the team needs to treat this week as their Super Bowl. The coaches need to have a game plan for going into New England and coming away with a victory. It really should not be THAT formidable. The Pats are down to their 3rd or 4th running back. Cassel is unseasoned -- and could perhaps wilt if the defense can find a way to get to him. Both the Dolphins and Chargers were able to put up some serious points against this defense.

Turk needs to come up with some imaginative plays. The only "trick" plays I can recall this year came on Special Teams. Moreover, the Bills need to bog down and commit themselves to the running game. Put the ball in Marshawn's hands.

If they can somehow eke out a victory here, you would imagine that they would be favored to win the next 3 games heading into their next gauntlet of division games. That would then put the team at 9 victories with 4 games left to play.

Barring a serious collapse, I still believe that they can find a way to win 11.

Our defense hasn't really been hitting on much these last couple of weeks. We haven't really stopped anyone.

I'm still thinking 10-6. But get off of this "we haven't really stopped anyone". The defense gave up 16 points to the Jets and scored 7 and held Brett Favre to 201 yards passing. What do you want? The problem begins and end with our offense and more specifically TURNOVERS. Our offense has scored 26 points in the last 2 weeks. You can't beat the Little Sisters of the Poor with that kind of offensive production. Solve that and we're back on track.

I'm still thinking 10-6. But get off of this "we haven't really stopped anyone". The defense gave up 16 points to the Jets and scored 7 and held Brett Favre to 201 yards passing. What do you want? The problem begins and end with our offense and more specifically TURNOVERS. Our offense has scored 26 points in the last 2 weeks. You can't beat the Little Sisters of the Poor with that kind of offensive production. Solve that and we're back on track.

The problem is the D can't come up with the big stop when they need it the most. After Greer ran back the INT for a TD, it was right there for the Defense to come up big. The crowd was back into the game, we were within one score and the defense wilts as Favre takes the Jets down the field rather easily for more points to pretty much kill any chance the Bills had.

Let's keep it real here... and simple. We've all seen the way this team has played. Aside from the first game of the season, they haven't dominated anyone. For the most part (except for Zona) they've been in striking distance in the 4th qtr. But, so has their opponent.

Now... of their 5 wins, they beat teams that are a collective 12-28 today. Their losses have been to teams that today are a collective 14-11. Not once have they beaten a team that today is .500 or better. Furthermore, they've lost 2 games with in their division and will lose their 3rd straight division game Sunday. That leaves three division games to play in the division and they will not win at least two of them. No matter how they perform outside the division... they've already sealed their fate. If it were to come down to tiebreakers for a playoff spot (which it will not), they are elimated. The two games they just lost were games in which they had to win if they had any hopes of a division crown or wildcard spot. So...put the champagen away ... at least for a few years.

Realistically, we could be looking at our next "W" on Nov. 30th when SF comes to town, especially with the injuries that are accumulating on defense. KC on the road is by no means a lock. If we go by the Bills record and their record against their opponents, they've already demonstrated they can't win against a team that is .500 or better. Even if the Bills get by KC and SF, the rest of the teams in front of them are .500 or better. We're going into the nasty weather... and this team can't run the ball and the defense can't stop anyone.

The best we can hope for at this point is 9-7.... and that's my heart talkin. My head tells me more like 8-8.

Nov. 9 at New England Patriots* 1 p.m. LOSS

Nov. 17 (Mon.) Cleveland Browns 8:30 p.m. WIN

Nov. 23 at Kansas City Chiefs 1 p.m. WIN

Nov. 30 San Francisco 49ers 1 p.m. LOSS

Dec. 7 Miami Dolphins (at Toronto) 4:05 p.m. WIN

Dec. 14 at New York Jets 1 p.m. LOSS

Dec. 21 at Denver Broncos 4:05 p.m. LOSS

Dec. 28 New England Patriots* 1 p.m. LOSS

It's a .500 club.

It's a .500 club.

You really think we are going to lose at home to the 49ers?

The problem is the D can't come up with the big stop when they need it the most. After Greer ran back the INT for a TD, it was right there for the Defense to come up big. The crowd was back into the game, we were within one score and the defense wilts as Favre takes the Jets down the field rather easily for more points to pretty much kill any chance the Bills had.

If perhaps the offense could score some points and stop giving away points, the defense wouldn't have to try to save their bacon late in Q4. People who are saying that the defense is the problem are confused. The offense is the problem right now. The defense played good enough to beat Miami and NY. Against Arizona, not so.

Bills have 10th best defense in NFL and 20th best offense.

If Trent would get back to doing what we all loved about him in the wins, doesn't turn the ball over, we'll be OK. If the turnovers continue, we're toasted.

If Trent would get back to doing what we all loved about him in the wins, doesn't turn the ball over, we'll be OK. If the turnovers continue, we're toasted.

The last INT was a forced throw that sucked. Even if they score, the game is a long shot. (They needed an onsides kick and then another score.)

The other 2 turnovers are hard to fault Edwards.

The first INT was a timing pattern on an out where the WR fell. I don't care what Simms said in the booth--if Parrish doesn't fall, he's where the ball is supposed to be and will at the very least be fighting for a catch.

The fumble was a play where a DB came untouched to his blidside. Trent took 5 steps and was hit before he set. The FB decided not to pick u pthe blitz. Hard to fault the Qb on a broken protection.

The offensive problems are not with the QB. Try looking at the line. If the line can't block for the run, he'll never be great though--only good. Trent's still got one of the best yards-per-attempt in the NFL but the Bills may be on their way to setting a team futility rushing record.

9-7..miss playoffs

Maybe not.

AFC West to date doesn't show any wild card possibles yet. AFC North has PGH looking to win the div. crown, but that conference still has numerous games against the hot NFC East. My guess is that BAL doesn't make the WC cut.

TEN has a hold on the AFC South lead...last evening's IND defeat of NE* muddles things.

The last INT was a forced throw that sucked. Even if they score, the game is a long shot. (They needed an onsides kick and then another score.)

The other 2 turnovers are hard to fault Edwards.

The first INT was a timing pattern on an out where the WR fell. I don't care what Simms said in the booth--if Parrish doesn't fall, he's where the ball is supposed to be and will at the very least be fighting for a catch.

The fumble was a play where a DB came untouched to his blidside. Trent took 5 steps and was hit before he set. The FB decided not to pick u pthe blitz. Hard to fault the Qb on a broken protection.

The offensive problems are not with the QB. Try looking at the line. If the line can't block for the run, he'll never be great though--only good. Trent's still got one of the best yards-per-attempt in the NFL but the Bills may be on their way to setting a team futility rushing record.

Agreed on the line needs to play better. Especially on run blocking. But he completed something like 28 of 39 passes. You don't complete that many passes if you have no protection as you alledge.

You're just making excuses. It's the QB's job to protect the football. When things go well and we win, it's because of him. Not because guys ran good routes and the OL blocked well. Conversely if we lose and he turns it over, it's his fault. That's just the way it is. He also fumbled one other time but got it back. Even Trent himself says that it's his fault and he need to take better care of the football.

I think he'll straighten up and we'll be OK. I still say 10-6. That'll get you in the playoffs most years, unless you're the '07 Browns.

It's a .500 club.

They can't lose at home to the Niners because I am going to be there. Obviously, knowing this, they will wake up and play inspirational football.

If perhaps the offense could score some points and stop giving away points, the defense wouldn't have to try to save their bacon late in Q4. People who are saying that the defense is the problem are confused. The offense is the problem right now. The defense played good enough to beat Miami and NY. Against Arizona, not so.

Bills have 10th best defense in NFL and 20th best offense.

Defense is not a problem?

Warner 33 of 42, 2 TD's 79% Completions

Rivers 22 of 29, 2 TD's 1 Int, 76% Completions

Pennington 22 or 30, 1 TD, 73% Completions

Favre 19 of 28, 1 Int, 68% Completions

When the defense is giving up Completion percentages of nearly 70% or higher game in and game out, defense IS a problem. They cannot stop the opposing offense when they absolutley have to. As I said, we're down by 7 after the Greer TD and just let Favre cut us up to put up more points and take away any momentum that we had at that point.