Josh Reed

NewEra

FYI Its up to the coaches to be creative with Hardy. Dont just thow him the Jump balls.

I do not think you can get creative with a lack of talent...this is like asking Wolfgang Puck to make a 5 star meal with Taco Bell ingrediants....Not iron chef one Bills Drive - Though, this might be a great reality show, take a bunch of coaches and 12 players of questionable talent - the coach that does the best job coaching a player up, wins the competition...

I do not think you can get creative with a lack of talent...this is like asking Wolfgang Puck to make a 5 star meal with Taco Bell ingrediants....Not iron chef one Bills Drive - Though, this might be a great reality show, take a bunch of coaches and 12 players of questionable talent - the coach that does the best job coaching a player up, wins the competition...

That Lack of Talent Won the Jacksonville game. That lack of talent is a Rookie. That lack of talent has less then 20 balls thrown to him in a half of a season. Let me guess you were here pre draft wanting Sweed or Thomas and didnt get your way. Well go see WTF they have done.

That Lack of Talent Won the Jacksonville game. That lack of talent is a Rookie. That lack of talent has less then 20 balls thrown to him in a half of a season. Let me guess you were here pre draft wanting Sweed or Thomas and didnt get your way. Well go see WTF they have done.

Are you attibuting the Jacksonville win to James Hardy? That's a hoot - he catches the winning catch and he won the game? He runs sh-tty routes and does not know how to use his size at all. I don't know about you, but I believe that you can see that special something that makes you know "this guy get's it". Have you seen that??? He runs soft and cannot use his 6'5" body and long arms to gain separation. He might become a decent #2 option - in about 3 years.

As to my preference on draft day - When that pick came up, I was hoping they took at shot at Martellus Bennett - I think he was more of what we needed and I thought would contribute immediately...Not really sure what he is doing down in Dallas these days. As for recievers, I thought the best one was Deshawn Jackson, be we had enough midgets, so taking a pass on him was OK. The guys you note we no better prepared to contribute than James Hardy, so no, I really did not want to waste a pick on another project...

Are you attibuting the Jacksonville win to James Hardy? That's a hoot - he catches the winning catch and he won the game? He runs sh-tty routes and does not know how to use his size at all. I don't know about you, but I believe that you can see that special something that makes you know "this guy get's it". Have you seen that??? He runs soft and cannot use his 6'5" body and long arms to gain separation. He might become a decent #2 option - in about 3 years.

As to my preference on draft day - When that pick came up, I was hoping they took at shot at Martellus Bennett - I think he was more of what we needed and I thought would contribute immediately...Not really sure what he is doing down in Dallas these days. As for recievers, I thought the best one was Deshawn Jackson, be we had enough midgets, so taking a pass on him was OK. The guys you note we no better prepared to contribute than James Hardy, so no, I really did not want to waste a pick on another project...

Who else would of caught that ball in the Endzone. No I am not saying he won Buffalo the game but with out that catch you might be looking at 4-4.

I didnt see it in P. Burres his first year either

Its easy to say D Jackson now because of what he is doing, however D Jackson would not be putting those type numbers here in buffalo.

is going to be tough to replace. He's been the man on 3rd down this year, lets hope someone steps up. who's it gonna be? I bet they go royals way in the 1st quarter to get his confidence up. /sigh.Lee Evans better be on his game, because Darrelle Revis is a pro bowler in the near future.

Wasnt he going to get cut this past offseason?

Its easy to say D Jackson now because of what he is doing, however D Jackson would not be putting those type numbers here in buffalo.

Lookie here man - I am sure you were high on Hardy when they took him right? Hind-sight nothing - Jackson was the most ready of the receivers coming out of collage to make an early impact...But as I said, there was no place on our roster for a player of his skill-set because we needed the larger target to compliment what we already had... For the larger reciever set - I asctually liked Jordy Nelson the best...and I think he is doing no more, maybe even less than Hardy these days, so that shows you what I know.

That said, for where we took him and what we need - a TE would have been a better more ready option...

• 3 weeks later...
is going to be tough to replace. He's been the man on 3rd down this year, lets hope someone steps up. who's it gonna be? I bet they go royals way in the 1st quarter to get his confidence up. /sigh.Lee Evans better be on his game, because Darrelle Revis is a pro bowler in the near future.

"tough to replace"= 4 losses in a row. I figured losing him for a few games would hurt, but WOW. While he isnt the ONLY reason we've lost 4 straight....imho, he is the biggest reason. Coaching, trent, O-line, 3rd down defense have been issues, but Josh Reeds absence has hurt us the most.

Josh Reed played his usual solid game, and it was good to see he finally got to get a score for a change. That was on a play

action pass that was so woefully ignored against Cleveland.

Here's to you Josh... :devil:

I never knew just how good he was until we were without him. Get Hardy up to speed and our WR corps will be very good.

I'm afraid Hardy won't be getting there this year. He seems slow, runs poor routes, and seems almost lifeless when going for the ball. Doesn't use his size well, at least not so far. Nope, he won't be a serious contributor this year.

I'm afraid Hardy won't be getting there this year. He seems slow, runs poor routes, and seems almost lifeless when going for the ball. Doesn't use his size well, at least not so far. Nope, he won't be a serious contributor this year.

Yeah. Its a shame to, he has the natural tools to be a TO type of player.

Josh Reed played his usual solid game, and it was good to see he finally got to get a score for a change. That was on a play

action pass that was so woefully ignored against Cleveland.

Here's to you Josh... :rolleyes:

That was a beautifully designed play. Fooled the defense in different ways. 1. play action fake. 2. roll out, QB threat to run. 3. Tight end was short in the endzone and drew coverage away from the back of the endzone where Reed was wide open.