• Posluszny
    • Lindell
    • Whitner
    • Other (Specify)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Mitchell. I think he is playing even better than I had hoped for when the Bills signed him.

I second that motion and I am right there with you on your thoughts.

I think Kawika Mitchell has been a playmaker and a gamechanger. He is a stud. I think he and Stroud are making that defense better than it is, without Crowell. I would have also said Poz, he has had that same effect. I like Whitner's versatility, but I need to see some more plays made.

I would vote Defense no matter what because I think it has had the biggest effect on the team and its turnaround.

If we take away Trent's game at Miami I'd say TE 100%! He was playing as good as any other QB in the AFC before that game. He suddenly looked like a 2yr qb...

But then I'm not sure why we threw the Ball so often when last year both #22 & #23 went over 100 yards against the Dolphins.The Bills rushed 40 carries for 224 yds in that game.

Marshawn had only 13 carries and Freddy 10, Trent went 21/35 for 227

If we take away Trent's game at Miami I'd say TE 100%! He was playing as good as any other QB in the AFC before that game. He suddenly looked like a 2yr qb...

But then I'm not sure why we threw the Ball so often when last year both #22 & #23 went over 100 yards against the Dolphins.The Bills rushed 40 carries for 224 yds in that game.

Marshawn had only 13 carries and Freddy 10, Trent went 21/35 for 227

I was just thinking about that game last year, I was hoping that when the miami game started last week it would be a repeat of last years gem, but the under achieveing O Line put a kabosh on the idea.

Evans has been the most consistent player this year, even in the two losses :devil:

If Fred Jackson is the Bills best player then the Bills have no shot at the playoffs. Just because you like the effort a player gives doesn't make him the "best" player on the team. Don't get me wrong, I like Jackson and he's a quality backup RB - but that's all he is.

Without Fred Jackson the Bills are still sitting at 5-2. Take away Evans, Edwards, Stroud, Mitchell and a few others and I doubt that same statement can be made.

If we take away Trent's game at Miami I'd say TE 100%! He was playing as good as any other QB in the AFC before that game.

If you take away all the crappy games then it is a 16 way tie for best QB in the AFC East. :devil::D:lol:

Trent is 1-1 as a QB this year. He won the Jax game for us and he lost the Miami game. All other games would have been the same no matter who played QB.

Given that the Miami game is more important for tiebreakers, Trent is effectively 1-1.5 which is a 40% winning percentage which is well below average.

When adjusted for the fact That Trent was a 3rd rounder it is actually pretty ok. The draft value chart says you move up 1 round per year so in 09 we will have to consider Trent a rookie first rounder. Realistically by 2011 or 2012 he shouldn't be blowing games like he did Sunday.

If you take away all the crappy games then it is a 16 way tie for best QB in the AFC East. :devil::D:lol:

Trent is 1-1 as a QB this year. He won the Jax game for us and he lost the Miami game. All other games would have been the same no matter who played QB.

Given that the Miami game is more important for tiebreakers, Trent is effectively 1-1.5 which is a 40% winning percentage which is well below average.

When adjusted for the fact That Trent was a 3rd rounder it is actually pretty ok. The draft value chart says you move up 1 round per year so in 09 we will have to consider Trent a rookie first rounder. Realistically by 2011 or 2012 he shouldn't be blowing games like he did Sunday.

Hi ieatcrayonz.... that is some pretty crazy logic you have goin on in that skull of yours.

Reality=Trent Edwards is 5-1 with some really nice 4 qtr comebacks so far this year,he has played poorly in one game.Just made a bad decision to hold the ball out trying to be certain of getting the first down and one INT.Not like he turned in a JP performance . Edwards is still a very young QB and has a ton to learn. IF I'm going to throw some blame around for that loss I'd have to give Turk Schonert the lions share for not running the ball more

Guest dog14787
Despite all the ridiculous, nonsensical, preseason 'OMFG we have to give Jason Peters everything he asks for 'cause he's only the bestest most important guy on the team and we're absolutely !@#$ing DOOMED without him' entreaties, and since Brian Moorman wasn't on the list, I cast my vote for Freddie Jackson - he seems to have a knack for making something out of nothing.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Where were you when I needed you :devil:

All of you, the top three are TE, Evans and Jackson. I argue like I'm trying to get Jackson elected for president and nobody chimes in.

Fred Jackson for President!!!! Action Jackson, he's your man, if he can't fix it, no one can.

If Fred Jackson is the Bills best player then the Bills have no shot at the playoffs. Just because you like the effort a player gives doesn't make him the "best" player on the team. Don't get me wrong, I like Jackson and he's a quality backup RB - but that's all he is.

Without Fred Jackson the Bills are still sitting at 5-2. Take away Evans, Edwards, Stroud, Mitchell and a few others and I doubt that same statement can be made.

:devil:YEAH! :D

Guest dog14787

I notice you fail to mention Lynch, and also Marshawn Lynch is one of the lowest on the poll.

TE, Evans and Jacskon are at the top. ( on offense )

It looks like the three key players you build a championship team around :devil:

Evans followed by Trent. However...if Lindell were a real football player and not just a kicker he would have to be given consideration.

Evans, Edwards -

Exactly what I was thinking. I also was very unhappy with Evans last year, btw. I swear he really looked like he was not trying when Edwards was the starter last year - tons of drops. This season he's been very good all around.

Edwards has taken over multiple games for brief periods - often the fourth quarter, but he doesn't put up big enough numbers to compare to some of the verterans out there - yet. I firmly believe even in this system, with another year or two of seasoning he's going to be consistently putting up 2 TD's a week and hands-down cement a position as oe of the best in the league. A real TE and #2 WR wouldn't hurt.

Hopefully Hardy solves the 2nd problem in the nest two years (rookie receivers almost never succeed - Moulds was very typical - seeming bust until year 3).

I'm still trying to understand why this team didn't find a legit TE in a draft that had multiple studs. We could have traded down in round one for the top TE prospects and - let's face it - so far McKelvin is looking like a real disappointment (way too early for "bust" of course). Tony Gonzalez is also an idiot - that didn't help - he'd be tearing it up catching balls from Trent and on his way to the playoffs. I hope if he makes the HoF the same time a Bill does, the Buffalo fans boo him soundly.

I love Freddie, but you are correct that he isn't close to the best player on the team. He's one of the best to root for, that's for sure.

At the risk of sounding like a bandwagon guy, I have to say Edwards. If not for glaring numbers, just for compsure and demeanor. Even the defense has said they play better with him at the helm. They are more confident that the offense can take a lead or come back from a deficit than they were last year.