Brilliant quote from McGee

'“The best thing you can do is get in a receiver’s face and knock down a ball or just get in their face and disrupt the route,” McGee said. ”That’s the only way you’re going to stop it. If you’re playing off you’re basically just saying throw it and I’m going to tackle you.”'

So when the Bills played the Dolphins last weekend, they played "off" of the receivers usually and played right into the hands of noodle armed Chad. Shows that our coaches don't have the stones to adjust their tactics to take away what the other team wants to do. That's just bad coaching IMO. Chicken shyt defense.

'“The best thing you can do is get in a receiver’s face and knock down a ball or just get in their face and disrupt the route,” McGee said. ”That’s the only way you’re going to stop it. If you’re playing off you’re basically just saying throw it and I’m going to tackle you.”'

So when the Bills played the Dolphins last weekend, they played "off" of the receivers usually and played right into the hands of noodle armed Chad. Shows that our coaches don't have the stones to adjust their tactics to take away what the other team wants to do. That's just bad coaching IMO. Chicken shyt defense.

Agrees 100 % I'm not a zone-defense fan at all, especially with talent like Kawika Mitchell and Donte Whitmer just sittin back playing tackle. The Miami game was eerily similar to the Arizona game. Good call.

Keep in mind McGee acknowledged he had to keep everything in front of him b/c of his lack of speed due to injury. If he played press on Ginn there was the risk that Ginn would have gotten a step on him and had an open field in front of him. The only other measure that the Bills could have used under the circumstances was to have McGee press with safety help to limit the free long ball.

Keep in mind McGee acknowledged he had to keep everything in front of him b/c of his lack of speed due to injury. If he played press on Ginn there was the risk that Ginn would have gotten a step on him and had an open field in front of him. The only other measure that the Bills could have used under the circumstances was to have McGee press with safety help to limit the free long ball.

He didn`t belong on that field Sunday. Nuff Said. :lol:

After the Dallas fiasco last season, it's nice to see the Bills doing the same things - allowing receivers a cushion. People talked about the great pass defense in 2006, but obviously something's changed which allows teams to repeatedly throw on a secondary minus one player from 06 - Nate Clements.

When you run the C2, everything revolves around the pass rush. Not getting there will leave these CB's on an island, and with only 4 INT's in 7 games, something needs to change.

word!

Even before Fewell got here, our corners were usually playing 5 yards off the WR. That doesn't make sense, esp in the Cover 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with your point regarding the coaching staff not making any adjustments. I also think that McGee was putting up an excuse for himself by trying to shift blame to the coaches. McGee was hurt and was probably giving a cushion so as to not give up a touchdown on every single play, if he can blame defensive philosophy it makes him look less bad.

When you run the C2, everything revolves around the pass rush. Not getting there will leave these CB's on an island, and with only 4 INT's in 7 games, something needs to change.

Boy, we're in trouble now, aren't we? :wallbash:

I'd like to say that I really hope Schobel is ready to go, but if he's not 100%, I don't know that it'll make much difference. Getting pressure by blitzing the LBs & safeties is one thing, but they need to start pressuring with the front 4.