Losman

i guess the fact is that we do have him, he has experience with our offense, he has one hell of an arm and he seems to be okay with the back-up role for now. I think we are in better shape than most teams with him as the back-up. Will he want to go and look for a place to start? Probably. Will he find one? Probably not. Will he come back to a renegotiating position to seek a second place role in Buffalo? I think it will take a real mental readjustment for him, but it may be the only way to stay in football. Hamdan has looked okay and he might be the guy we are MORE satisfied with in the back up role on down the line, which would leave Losman kind of without any home.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if JP spent more time learning the offence rather than banging random chicks he wouldn't be such a bad QB.

maybe you should spend your time doing more constructive things w/ your hatred of jp losman, like making a voodoo doll of him to poke with needles - or better yet, make an effigy and burn it in your front yard?

i guess the fact is that we do have him, he has experience with our offense, he has one hell of an arm and he seems to be okay with the back-up role for now. I think we are in better shape than most teams with him as the back-up. Will he want to go and look for a place to start? Probably. Will he find one? Probably not. Will he come back to a renegotiating position to seek a second place role in Buffalo? I think it will take a real mental readjustment for him, but it may be the only way to stay in football. Hamdan has looked okay and he might be the guy we are MORE satisfied with in the back up role on down the line, which would leave Losman kind of without any home.

Even if he would only be a back-up elsewhere, it is probably best for all involved if he moves on with his career. He needs a fresh start.

I find it odd that you're picking the week after Trent Edwards' worst career performance to make fun of JP in that way.

I think you're a few steps close to the edge. We have a great young starting QB, and we have a talented and quite capable back-up quarterback. Next time you're analyzing all that is wrong with JP Losman you should take a gander at a few 2006 games, perhaps the one against the Jags, or the one in Houston, or the one in Indianapolis (we lost that one, but he "managed" the game to get us a defensive stop away from beating the future superbowl champs of that year).

I would agree that JP is probably not fit to be a starter in a Bills uniform. I wish him well wherever he goes next year. But I refuse to let you worry about his status as our backup. He is fine. You're just looking for another horrible excuse to crap on someone who is infinitely more successful than you will ever be.

you might have the biggest mancrush on JP i have seen of anybody on this board....dating back to JP's "glory days" last season

And I disagree. You also said Willis McGahee would be a probowl RB anywhere but Buffalo, and I told you you were wrong then too. JP will never be better than an average QB, likely a career clipboard holder.

Didn't McGahee go to the Pro Bowl last year?

So you're okay having a backup who's one play away from coming in and leading us to a NINTH consecutive year of missing the playoffs because of his piss-poor play, and worse, piss-poor attitude. And dont give me the Arizona game excuse, PLEASE! J.P. Losman has played more than just that one game. He lost his job because he was just plain NOT GOOD ENOUGH! He's too jittery, makes bad decisions, and turns the ball over. Losman had his chance and he blew it, he's lucky he's even employed at this juncture. All I'm saying, there's been guys over the years when they weren't the right fit somewhere, and went on to be successful elsewhere (See Kerry Collins; Trent Dilfer)...PAL!
I like Edwards alot,but it seems like he needs good protection or he does everything that you say Losman does.

Hasnt every possible angle of this retarded Losman qb discussion been written about at least 1 million times already..How can it be this freaking interesting??? Who cares he is a backup Qb in his last year in Bills uniform..Move on.. :devil:

It's been said a million times before, but one more time won't hurt. He had an excellent game right up to the time when it got totally away and the Bills were down by four possessions. At that time, he did start forcing things (as you would do down by so much with so little time left).

Throw in the preseason and you realize that in this system, JP is a damn good QB.

He had a bad fourth quarter. Gee, can you think of anyone else who had a bad fourth quarter lately?

The thing that amuses me about you who hate JP irrationally is that you all think you know the future. Which would make you a genetic freak.

Since when did he go from a bust to a "damn good QB"?

I must have missed it.

I saw Trent Edwards sulking by himself on the bench during the Dolphins game. That to me means he was not motivated. Must be a coaching problem. Two unmotivated QBs.

Do you mean the same look he had on his face, sitting by himself, just before the comebacks in Jacksonville and against the Raiders? Looked like he was getting himself ready to me and was moving along nicely until that jackazz Royal had yet another fumble.