Lynch/Jackson

YOOOOOO

Why have we abandoned this package....We used this earlier in the season a few times....successfully....

But the last 3 weeks we havent seen it at all....

I ask why??

Imagine 3 WR set with Lynch&Jackson in the backfield....The mismatches you cause easily with this package....defenses would be forced out of there gameplan to defend it....

Why have we abandoned this package....We used this earlier in the season a few times....successfully....

I ask why??

Imagine 3 WR set with Lynch&Jackson in the backfield....The mismatches you cause easily with this package....defenses would be forced out of there gameplan to defend it....

they have run it...remember Jackson's block on Lynch's TD vs. SD? I think I remember seeing it against the phins too, but I'm repressing those memories.

they have run it...remember Jackson's block on Lynch's TD vs. SD? I think I remember seeing it against the phins too, but I'm repressing those memories.

I'm talkin about between the 20's as a base formation....

We had a couple whole drives from this look in the Hawks/Jags games but since then its been after thought in the offense...used as a package for one play here and there....

Hell they havent even used both of them in that split shotgun formation, they like to use...

In a way, isn't FJ the perfect replacement for Reed? You don't have to line him up in the slot, but he provides a similar receiving option wherever he is on the field.

excellent point. a better slot/possession replacement than Hardy/Parrish

and i like Parrish and think Hardy will come along, but they are not in the same build/talent set as Reed and Jackson

what about a wildcat formation with freddie playing the role of the "qb". Didnt he play some qb and have a pretty decent arm?

WE dont need a gimmick offense to move the ball....we have enough talent across the board, just gotta start using it....

imagine this....

3 WR Evans/Parrish/Hardy

2 RB Lynch/Jackson

The defense is forced to bring in the NickelBack.....

now you motion Jackson into the slot(4 WR)....

a Linebacker now has to move back out of the box into coverage or a Safety has to come up to account for Jackson....

now you either force the defense to allow the deep ball(Evans over the top)....or you leave them with only 5 in the box(opening the run game up)

I ask why??

I forgot all about that formation. We used it in only the first two game, I believe, and like you said, it had good success. It wasn't as "gimmicky" as the wildcat, which is why I feel it could be utilized on a more frequent basis.

They should go back to it, as it creates all sorts of mismatches and really makes the defence account for everyone on the field. It gives Trent more options and opens up both the pass and run games. And if you use three WRs with both Jackson and Lynch in the backfield, then Royal is off the field. Yay!

I think it makes too much sense because it puts all our playmakers on the field. It also affords Trent three downfield targets and two reliable and effective check downs.

I say do it.

I'd just like the line to help Trent stand in the pocket for a extra few seconds, their massive weight has been meaningless the past few games.

They stopped the Chargers dead. Trent had all day to throw, never got hit, and had a career day. I see what you're getting at, but they dominated against SD.

They stopped the Chargers dead. Trent had all day to throw, never got hit, and had a career day. I see what you're getting at, but they dominated against SD.

and they werent too bad against the dolphins either. there were plenty of plays where i was counting to 3 or 5 and he was still looking for someone open to throw it to. our WRs werent getting open. whether that is their fault or due to miami playing 5 DBs a lot of the time, i cant say. probably somewhere in between. but trent had plenty of time to throw the ball. there were more hurries than usual, and many more than we like to see. but the pass protection was still above average.

and they werent too bad against the dolphins either. there were plenty of plays where i was counting to 3 or 5 and he was still looking for someone open to throw it to. our WRs werent getting open. whether that is their fault or due to miami playing 5 DBs a lot of the time, i cant say. probably somewhere in between. but trent had plenty of time to throw the ball. there were more hurries than usual, and many more than we like to see. but the pass protection was still above average.

I noticed that too. Hardy was covered like a blanket all day; a few times, Edwards threw it up to him anyway but he couldn't make a play.

I guess Jenkins and Johnson are going to get time this week in the slot--hopefully they'll do better getting open.

I forgot all about that formation. We used it in only the first two game, I believe, and like you said, it had good success. It wasn't as "gimmicky" as the wildcat, which is why I feel it could be utilized on a more frequent basis.

They should go back to it, as it creates all sorts of mismatches and really makes the defence account for everyone on the field. It gives Trent more options and opens up both the pass and run games. And if you use three WRs with both Jackson and Lynch in the backfield, then Royal is off the field. Yay!

I think it makes too much sense because it puts all our playmakers on the field. It also affords Trent three downfield targets and two reliable and effective check downs.

I say do it.

This isn't true at all, we've actually used it quite a bit the last few weeks, and I'm relatively certain we've used it for at least a few plays in each game this year. As someone else said, as an example, Lynch's TD against San Diego was off of a lead block from Freddy, and they ran the same exact play not long before that.

It hasn't been used as a full-time package for an entire series, as the original poster said. I don't remember that being the case the first two weeks either YOOO, but if you say they did, I'll take your word for it.

I think right now the best thing they can do is make Freddy the #3 reciever. He seems to be the guy most able to fill the void left by Reed, which is a bigger one than a lot of people realize. Somebody said they shouldn't line him up in the slot...why not? He's done that plenty this year, and is probably a significantly better all-around WR right now than either Roscoe or Hardy.

WE dont need a gimmick offense to move the ball....we have enough talent across the board, just gotta start using it....

imagine this....

3 WR Evans/Parrish/Hardy

2 RB Lynch/Jackson

The defense is forced to bring in the NickelBack.....

now you motion Jackson into the slot(4 WR)....

a Linebacker now has to move back out of the box into coverage or a Safety has to come up to account for Jackson....

now you either force the defense to allow the deep ball(Evans over the top)....or you leave them with only 5 in the box(opening the run game up)

Excellent idea. It's what I believe myself, except we could bring in a TE for blocking for Lynch then set Jackson up as #3 and throw them off as well. Jackson becomes the X factor. I also think Lynch would run better behind Peters and Royal.