It's YouTube Music Time

Chef Jim

This'll blow you away

Wow, haven't heard them, for awhile.

I saw Focus with Golden Earring (and someone else) MANY years ago. Pretty good show, too.

Here's one before I turn in:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, haven't heard them, for awhile.

I saw Focus with Golden Earring (and someone else) MANY years ago. Pretty good show, too.

Here's one before I turn in:

xcellent musicianship...I have that same fender Rhodes piano....:oops:

This is
No, really, it is.

Enjoyed it. It also popped up a side link to one of my Floyd faves "Corporal Klegg".

Here's another obscure one:

Aside: Root Boy was a frat brother (DKE, not Skull & Bones) of W until George booted him out for smoking pot at the frat house.

FWIW: I went as Root Boy to a Halloween party this year.

Enjoyed it. It also popped up a side link to one of my Floyd faves "Corporal Klegg".

Here's another obscure one:

Aside: Root Boy was a frat brother (DKE, not Skull & Bones) of W until George booted him out for smoking pot at the frat house.

FWIW: I went as Root Boy to a Halloween party this year.

Good choice. Never heard of Root Boy Slim until now.

Warren Zevon is known (by most people) for Werewolves of London, Lawyers, Guns, and Money, and maybe Excitable Boy. He has a lot of other good songs though, here are a couple...

Strike it up

and

Accidentally like a martyr

For those of you in the college scene in central New York during the early 80's and who liked to get......

Blotto just might remember these guys.

They were from Albany and I went to school and played in a band with the drummer's brother. Their video "I Want to be a Lifeguard" was played on the first day of MTV. Man, that 80's new wave stuff pretty much sucked ass.

All right, you guys want something "serious." How about this Return to Forever Jazz/Rock jam with Bill Connors on guitar. He was the original Return to Forever guitarist until he was replaced by Al Di Meola. The dude could jam.

nice...chick corea..that goes back

Nice blast from the past, Joe.

One of may all-time favorite bands to go see play in WNY bars, was Gamalon. Tony Scozzaro was (I'm sure he still is) a sensational guitar player Here's the band with a different guitarist sitting in, Nori Bucci. Man, she can really play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkcM3NJ9Xuc

Gamalon also included Ted Reinhardt, who was in Rush Hour (with Bobby Jones), Spyro Gyra and several others.

One of may all-time favorite bands to go see play in WNY bars, was Gamalon. Tony Scozzaro was (I'm sure he still is) a sensational guitar player Here's the band with a different guitarist sitting in, Nori Bucci. Man, she can really play:

Gamalon also included Ted Reinhardt, who was in Rush Hour (with Bobby Jones), Spyro Gyra and several others.

Nori can play. That's good because after this Mannering video I wasn't sure chicks could play guitar:

Nori is a fine guitarist. Very clean style.