Here's My Fear

Chef Jim

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I read correctly the other day? They expect 1 freakin million people at the "Saviours" party in Chi-town next Tuesday night?? Will they be serving Grape or Cherry flavor?

Nov 4th Daily planner of somebody going to the Obama party...

Fly to Chicago...check

Got a hotel room in Chicago...check

Rented a car in Chicago...check

Made a sweet Obama sign....check

I just can't shake this funny feeling that I'm forgetting something :lol:

Nov 4th Daily planner of somebody going to the Obama party...

Fly to Chicago...check

Got a hotel room in Chicago...check

Rented a car in Chicago...check

Made a sweet Obama sign....check

I just can't shake this funny feeling that I'm forgetting something :lol:

after the polls close:

Celebrate taking back our country...check

Which branch of Government, or will you be selective again? :lol:

how am I being selective? You chose to contest my answer by bringing up the congress' approval rating...

Remember the SCHIP vote? 9 million children that were not covered by either public or private health care. Bush chose to fight it after he suddenly found his veto voice and although the bill had bipartisan support, it wasn't enough to override the President's veto. That was in the day where there was plenty of GOP congressmen and women that simply lined up to support their leader, regardless of the issue. Is that the reason for a historically low approval rating of congress? No, but it demonstrates how a simple majority does not translate to an effective legislative branch as viewed by the public. Let's see what happens after January 20th.

But to answer your question, you probably need to judge both the president/administration and the congress.

the worst president and administration in modern history

I had no idea that Jimmy Carter's presidency is not considered a part of modern history. Or maybe "modern history" is defined as "anytime in the past eight years."

Or maybe you just think Jimmy Carter was a great president.

how am I being selective? You chose to contest my answer by bringing up the congress' approval rating...

No. I brought up the Congress and the Senate after you said "Celebrate taking back our country...check" Then, You brought up the POTUS and the administration.

I had no idea that Jimmy Carter's presidency is not considered a part of modern history. Or maybe "modern history" is defined as "anytime in the past eight years."

Or maybe you just think Jimmy Carter was a great president.

I don't think Jimmy Carter was a great president, but his approval rating was no lower than 28%, whereas Mr. George W. Bush is hovering in the low 20s.

I also think that after he leaves office, there will be significant (as yet unknown to the public) evidence and dirty laundry that will show just how damaging his administration was.

No. I brought up the Congress and the Senate after you said "Celebrate taking back our country...check" Then, You brought up the POTUS and the administration.

lol, I was asked by DC Tom who I/we were celebrating taking it back from.

We aren't taking our country back from the congress, although the dems are about to capture an obscene amount of seats in both houses. :lol:

I don't think Jimmy Carter was a great president, but his approval rating was no lower than 28%, whereas Mr. George W. Bush is hovering in the low 20s.

I also think that after he leaves office, there will be significant (as yet unknown to the public) evidence and dirty laundry that will show just how damaging his administration was.

So you base the effectiveness of an administration based on approval ratings? Who'd you vote for class president last year? Prom queen? American Idol? :lol: