This Board is Completely Bi-Polar

CJPearl2

The problem is some of the people here act like every other fan of every team. Its denial, we say we are the best fans in the league and we stick by our guys no matter what, its bull chit. Just like every other team we bash our guys when they lose and praise them when they win. What does everyone really expect from this team? Ask yourself that question.

Is a W good enough or should we have killed Miami. Are we that good of a team to even do that yet?

Can we impose are will on the better teams in the league yet? look at the predictions from the beginning of the year, with the exception of the Senator how were we going to go 12-4 or 10-6 without losing?

I was at the game on Sunday and I heard the Bills fans saying "we suck" "trent sucks" blah blah blah. I wasnt surprised but as soon as Trent throws that next TD and carries us to a W that same fan will be saying "I told you Trent was the man for this team."

This is a message board and people are free to purge their thoughts, thats the beauty of being an American. Why people get so annoyed when they Whitner is terrible, peters is fat and lazy (news flash he is a OL man, he is supposed to be).

Does this make them any less of a fan because they complain? Absolutely NOT. Its there right as a Bills fan to piss and moan and criticize.

In simpler terms this place isn't Bipolar, its a message board. If we all agreed on every last detail we would be Mike and Mike in the morning.

Peters is supposed to be fat and lazy? :P

In that case, he is having a Pro-bowl year! :blush:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I was at the game. here is what I saw:

1.) Dolphins attacking a weakness IMMEDIATELY - T McGee. T McGee healthy, he plays much better vs T Ginn.

2.) T McGee healthy, we wont need to support the pass with so many players, directly helping the run defense and play action pass defense.

3.) what are you going to do, T Edwards had some bad plays. It happens.

4.) I watched the game. Outside of one of the most important plays of the game, the safety, SORRY FOLKS, Porter was shut down all day long. he got his sack because:

a.) Melvin Fowler came in for Duke

b.) It was obvious that the blocking call was not correctly picked up both Peters and Dockery.

You all will be like, who is this guy, but, remove those mistakes and give us a healthy T McGee, we win.

OH BTW, remember the screen pass Marshawn dropped???? that would have been a touchdown. I sat 28 rows up and it happened right in front of me. IT WAS THERE...................................................

End of the day, the team played a bad game. JETS SMACK DOWN IS COMING ON SUNDAY.

Side Note:

Not to be an !@#$, but do you make it a habit of going to the games and NOT watching them?

I disagree. The offensive line wasn't just a problem "at the end." It was a problem all game long. At no point during that game did the offensive line provide even a modest amount of pass protection with any consistency. On passing downs, the line looked like it had a loooooong way to go to even be considered "average."

The run game was its usual feast or famine self, albeit with a few more feasts than we're used to seeing this season. (Which isn't saying much.) The offensive line was clearly the single biggest reason for this loss, even more than McGee.

You point to Trent as one of the three factors in the loss. But exactly how is a quarterback supposed to look when he isn't getting any pass protection, and he doesn't have any receiving options other than Evans? Reed was out, Royal dropped three passes, and Hardy is clearly too raw to be a consistent part of this offense. Lynch also dropped a key pass. Despite having been let down across the board by his supporting cast, Edwards still passed for 227 yards. Only one turnover was legitimately his fault. (The others were either the Royal fumble, or else directly resulted from extremely poor offensive line play.)

There were some things Edwards could have done better, but overall he produced more, given the circumstances, than I would have expected from most other quarterbacks. If you're looking for the three main factors for the loss, I'd certainly cross Edwards off your list, and in his place put "injury to Reed + very poor play by the guys who should have stepped up to provide threats other than Evans."

"But exactly how is a quaterback supposed to look when he isn't getting any pass protection....." As bad as the O-line played Sunday, they still are MUCH IMPROVED over the lines JP has played behind in past years, yet you and others have criticized JP without putting ANY BLAME on the O-line at all in the past. Why can't you just admit Trent had a BAD game?

"But exactly how is a quaterback supposed to look when he isn't getting any pass protection....." As bad as the O-line played Sunday, they still are MUCH IMPROVED over the lines JP has played behind in past years, yet you and others have criticized JP without putting ANY BLAME on the O-line at all in the past. Why can't you just admit Trent had a BAD game?

I thought the line had okay pass (not great) protection..... Stoopid me.....

I thought the line had okay pass (not great) protection..... Stoopid me.....

i definitely agree that the line gave more than adequate pass protection. there were MANY plays were i was counting the passing rhythm out loud and still found myself yelling "GET RID OF THE BALL!" 2 or 3 seconds later.

our WRs were not getting open. thats not necessarily a knock on the WRs since it has been pointed out that Miami often lined up with 6 DBs. but pass protection, as a whole throughout the day, was fine as usual. a couple bad reads along the line did lead to big plays for Miami, but that is the NFL. as someone already said "the team that executes wins, the team that doesnt execute loses". it doesnt matter what your current record is or how talented the teams look on paper.

I've never seen a group who get the highest of highs (why isn't the national media saying we are the best team ever?) after a win, and the lowest of lows (same old thing, this team sucks, Whitner blows..etc..) after a loss.

What's worse is there's no Nurse Ratched to hand out meds...

Where do you get JP???? Yes I wanted to see him succeed and he has not. I am happy with Trent but still want to see that big big game. He has all of 5 TD's this year. He has played well, just not as great as some are saying.

09/07 SEA 19-30 215 1 0

09/14 JAC 20-25 239 1 0

09/21 OAK 24-39 279 1 1

09/28 STL 15-25 197 1 1

10/05 ARI 3-3 18 0 0

10/19 SD 25-30 261 1 0

10/26 MIA 21-35 227 0 1

You want me to start complaining that he has less TD passes then almost every other QB in the NFL???? I won't but will bring it up when I say I want to see a little more.

Check the stats of QB's this year vs. San Diego, Cutler, Delhomme (no Steve Smith and on the road), Pennington, Brees, Favre & Even Jamarcus Russell had very good stats against them. At home they only handled Matt Cassell...... Actually Edwards game vs. San Diego was one of the worst vs. SD this year with only 24 points scored if we want to be negative.

You complain about the kid in virtually every post, and were one of the mainstays of the JP Excuse Team. In this gem, you even complain about long scoring drives.

Trent is leading a team that is 5-2, and has the same amount of wins in 16 starts than Losman has in his 5 year career. Now, you blast him because his stats don't meet your standards? Yeah....gotcha! :w00t:

Tell us please.....who should be the starter?

You are doing a good job of fooling other posters, I give you that. :nana:

You complain about the kid in virtually every post, and were one of the mainstays of the JP Excuse Team. In this gem, you even complain about long scoring drives.

Trent is leading a team that is 5-2, and has the same amount of wins in 16 starts than Losman has in his 5 year career. Now, you blast him because his stats don't meet your standards? Yeah....gotcha! :w00t:

Tell us please.....who should be the starter?

You are doing a good job of fooling other posters, I give you that. :nana:

Here is the gem.....

It was just watching the ease that some teams move the ball and that while we had a great first drive, we bogged down a while after that, were tentative around the goal line on our first fg and then indifferent until we needed the TD to win.

I am very positive on this team, just would love to see the Bills not play the let's shorten the game, with long drives and eating the clock. When it works, it is great, I'd just like to know that this team can score 30 points on O.

I think at home vs. Oakland, I'd like to see confidence in the offense.

Piddling, but just my opinion.

What exactly did I say here that is any different then what happened Sunday vs. the Phins??? The above was in reference to the Jax game where we scored a TD the first drive, were tentative around the goal line exactly like Sunday and then scored down the stretch to win.

Sunday vs. Miami we should have had a TD the first drive and and did not score a TD the first half. I was responding to the post and stating that I am not Bi-polar and have been consistent. You actually proved my point. I appreciate that.

I am overall very happy with Trent's play. As I complained before, it is the coaching that has been questionable in my opinion and I want a 300 yard game. 300+ is not a ridiculous number and 30 offensive points would not be too much either. Heck Tenn put up 25 in the second half yesterday with Kerry Collins (1 turnover in Indy territory).

Holcomb - I love your passion.

You know, you are right about Josh Reed's injury. I skipped his injury as an issue by mistake. Him not being available to give Trent more comfortable options was a factor. Hardy MUST STEP UP NOW!

Disagree to your point on our O line not playing well at all and being the single reason why we lost. When I landed yesterday from Ft Lauderdale here in Philly (BTW Bills fans, you think we feel like we always get boned. Dont speak to a PHILLIES fan right now), I called my brother in Buffalo and we discussed how the O-Line went south when Fowler came in. turns out that on the TE interception, I believe Whittle got hurt on the play. Duke moves to guard and the O line went down hill from there. I can not tell you how vivid it was prior to Whittle's injury. the O-Line played well. i keyed in on Peters, he did dominate Porter up to the safety that to my grave was caused by an incorrect blocking assignment delivered by the Center, Fowler.

If you were in the stands, you would have witnessed Trent missing open receivers and receivers dropping passses (marshawn on the Screen Pass). I am not bashing Trent. I am a huge fan of his. What I am saying is that all of this adds up to a game we gave away. We were not dominated by any means. It was just one of those games, a game that I feel very stongly we will make up in New England, yes New England.

And Look, tip your cap to the Miami D. Not dominant, effective vs the "spread" - spread because of the 4, 5 options TE has available to pass to. Miami for the most part won the chess match as to when they were dropping 8 folks in to pass coverage.

I will say this again, we gave this game away and I think a game like this can leap frog this young team forward and not have them regress from it.

Given that you saw the game in person, I'll accept your statement that Trent missed more open receivers than I'd realized, and that his performance wasn't as good as I'd thought.

That said, it bugs me when people (not you) blame Edwards for things that weren't his fault. The interception was clearly, solely, and unambiguously the result of the absence of pass protection, as was that safety. Only one turnover was because of a QB mistake, while two were because of abysmal pass "protection" on those particular plays.

Your statements about the drop-off in play once Fowler came in reinforce my suspicion that Preston is a significant improvement over Fowler (not that that's saying much).

I've never seen a group who get the highest of highs (why isn't the national media saying we are the best team ever?) after a win, and the lowest of lows (same old thing, this team sucks, Whitner blows..etc..) after a loss.

16 game season. We aren't going to win them all. We are 5-2 and tied for first place. Last year at this time we were 3-4.

NFL road games are tough. We have a lot of injuries. Everyone take a deep breath and settle down. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

No reason to be a pollyanna about, just let people state their opinions.

I'm more of a hockey fan myself and despite the Sabres good start I was pissed with the effort against Ottawa.

I've had my fill of the Sabres not showing up against the one team they should want to beat more than any other team.

Just what is it that you expect after this Bill's loss to miami?

Accolades?