Red Sox kicking our ARSES

They have looked good.

I have to hand it to Curt Schilling. What a warrior that guy has been.

The two things that I will digress with however........

The strike zone tonight has been horrible. The Sox pitchers have gotten the borderline calls, we have not, and with a thin strike zone you are forced to give guys hittable pitches. They have hit them (as they should).

My biggest beef however is the homefield advantage. These games should be in St. Louis. Why even play for the best record when you aren't rewarded for it? The All Star game??? What a joke.

Oh well, doesn't much matter, we win 3 in St. Louis and we are one away from the pennant.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have looked good.

I have to hand it to Curt Schilling.  What a warrior that guy has been.

The two things that I will digress with however........

The strike zone tonight has been horrible.  The Sox pitchers have gotten the borderline calls, we have not, and with a thin strike zone you are forced to give guys hittable pitches.  They have hit them (as they should).

My biggest beef however is the homefield advantage.  These games should be in St. Louis.  Why even play for the best record when you aren't rewarded for it?  The All Star game???  What a joke.

Oh well, doesn't much matter, we win 3 in St. Louis and we are one away from the pennant.

83818[/snapback]

I'm sure you know this BF, but prior to last year the home field just revolved year to year between each league. Stupid if you ask me.

Yeah, that was just as dumb as it is now.

St. Louis is being penalized because Roger Clemens went out and gave up 6 runs in the first inning of the ALL STAR GAME.

The St. Louis players were the only ones that did ANYTHING for the N.L that night.

It's just a joke, but it sums up the overall state of baseball.

Guest stop your whining bf

there just getting outplayed,stlouis starting pitching is garbage. sox batters would have TAGGED them there to. homers i tell ya

2-0 Red Sox.

They better not lose focus or it could be 3-2 St. Louis by Thursday night.

I'm still miffed about the homefield crap though, it bugs me.

83869[/snapback]

I'll admit it, I'm not a huge baseball fan, I only casually follow the Sox, because they are my home team. Baseball actually bores me to death.

With that being said, the Sox have commited 8 errors in two games, how much more focus do you think they can lose?

I have seen nothing to convince me that St. Louis has any chance in this series.  I'm having a tough time remembering one pitcher that hasn't been shelled.

83877[/snapback]

Talk to me after some games are played in St. Louis. All Boston has done is what they are SUPPOSED to do. It's as simple as this. St. Louis only has to win ONE GAME in Boston to win the World Series. If we win the next 3 games in St. Louis Boston then has to win the next two at home again.

It's just that simple.

And if Boston wins, a tip of the cap to them, it was finally their time. If not then 1918 will live on.

I'll admit it, I'm not a huge baseball fan, I only casually follow the Sox, because they are my home team.  Baseball actually bores me to death.

With that being said, the Sox have commited 8 errors in two games, how much more focus do you think they can lose?

83879[/snapback]

Here is the thing, the erros last night DID hurt them, they just got a homer in the bottom of the 8th to win it.

Tonight most of the erros came in situations with 2 outs and no one on and whatnot. You are still going to have to get a hit to score runs after the errors. We didn't do it.

If they keep committing those erros though, at some point we will jump on them and take advantage of them.

The umps suck. They just do. The 3rd strike on Edmonds on Saturday night was a half a foot off the plate. Same thing tonight with Walker, Edmonds, and Reggie Sanders. The third strike on Sanders in the ninth tonight....he checked the swing. I'm convinced now that if Fox doesn't show a replay, it was a bad call.

Anyway, the reason the Sox are winning has more to do with the Cards giving them free passes over and over and over. You can't walk two guys to face any of these hitters. They've got serious lumber. Keep the bases clear, and you might have a chance.

Another thing. Nobody is behind in a 7 game series till they lose one at home. The Cards haven't done that yet, neither has Boston, a 128 million dollar collection of loveable ragamuffins.

The umps suck.  They just do.  The 3rd strike on Edmonds on Saturday night was a half a foot off the plate.  Same thing tonight with Walker, Edmonds, and Reggie Sanders.  The third strike on Sanders in the ninth tonight....he checked the swing.  I'm convinced now that if Fox doesn't show a replay, it was a bad call.

Anyway, the reason the Sox are winning has more to do with the Cards giving them free passes over and over and over.  You can't walk two guys to face any of these hitters.  They've got serious lumber.  Keep the bases clear, and you might have a chance.

Another thing.  Nobody is behind in a 7 game series till they lose one at home.  The Cards haven't done that yet, neither has Boston, a 128 million dollar collection of loveable ragamuffins.

83894[/snapback]

Yep, Larry Walker was getting very frustrated. It's tough enough to hit a guy like Schilling when he is pitching with a good strike zone, and almost IMPOSSIBLE to do it when he's given a foot in each direction off the plate.

The Cardinals bats will come alive at Busch. I think I'm going to turn the volume on FOX off though, I'm getting really tired with the Red Sox love fest already.

The walks are killing us. We don't walk a few of those guys and they have 3 less runs.

Now I've heard it all. Another fan is actually picking on the SOX for spending too much money!

As a Yankee fan, I can only grin :doh:

83897[/snapback]

I'll say it, the Sox are no better then NY as far as that goes. They are doing the same thing NY is. Most people just don't want to hear it.

They are playing within the rules (as is NY) but the rules just suck.

I'll say it, the Sox are no better then NY as far as that goes.  They are doing the same thing NY is.  Most people just don't want to hear it.

They are playing within the rules (as is NY) but the rules just suck.

83899[/snapback]

I know. It's just great to see Sox fans be given that excuse since they do it to every Yankee fan 24/7. It's just funny to me.

Don't worry BF. This series will be heading back to Boston 3-2 in favor of St.Louis. The Cards just need to find a spark on the mound.

I'm not worried.  Boston just held serve, now we do the same.

83904[/snapback]

Agreed.

I'm just hoping for an exciting series since I have no horse in this particular race. Game 1 was fun. But tonight's game was boring.

I have a feeling Games 3 and 4 will be down to the wire.