Red Sox kicking our ARSES

Exactly, I'm not really "whining" I'm just pointing out a fact.

As you said, Boston fans are the first to "whine" about the Yankees payroll when their own payroll is higher then the other 30 teams besides NY.

It's all fun and good when it works in your favor, I don't know, I'm just a big fan of a team earning their homefield advantage. That's just me though.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, I'm not really "whining" I'm just pointing out a fact.

As you said, Boston fans are the first to "whine" about the Yankees payroll when their own payroll is higher then the other 30 teams besides NY.

It's all fun and good when it works in your favor, I don't know, I'm just a big fan of a team earning their homefield advantage.  That's just me though.

86034[/snapback]

Hey, I'm a Blue Jays fan, I whine about EVERYONE else's payroll and ability to keep their own players, except for maybe the expos, royals & pirates. ;) Nothing has worked in my favor since 1993.

I'm saying if the Cards are good enough, they'll overcome any disadvantage short of outright cheating or officiating mistakes. If they're not, they won't.

Besides, Cards are in the Top 10 salaries. It's not like they're not complicit.

Hey, I'm a Blue Jays fan, I whine about EVERYONE else's payroll and ability to keep their own players, except for maybe the expos, royals & pirates.  ;)  Nothing has worked in my favor since 1993.

I'm saying if the Cards are good enough, they'll overcome any disadvantage short of outright cheating or officiating mistakes.  If they're not, they won't.

Besides, Cards are in the Top 10 salaries.  It's not like they're not complicit.

86065[/snapback]

We do have a hefty team salary, I won't debate that, but even ours at upwards of 100 million doesn't compare to 130 million or 180 million. Imagine how high the Yankees payroll is going to be NEXT year. I bet over 200 million.

BF - Your take on Anaheim getting HF in R1 despite finishing six games behind Boston during the regular season?

86623[/snapback]

Wrong. That's why the Wild Card system isn't perfect. The NBA is the only league that has their home court advantage perfectly set up. There are two (now 3 division) in each conference. They go completely by record. If the Pacers win their division with a 51-21 record and Philly gets second in their division with a 55-27 record and they meet in the playoffs Philly gets the HCA.

I also don't like the Wild Card not playing a team in the first round because they are from the same division, that shouldn't matter.

BF, you played for HFA and got it in the NLDS and NLCS.   The World Series home field has always been determined differently.

Fact is, if the Cards truly are the best team in MLB, they'll find a way to win on the road like the best teams do.

86807[/snapback]

I know this and have known it for a long time. I just think something needs changed about it. I would have been able to accept the old system where it was just handed to each league every other year better then I understand this crap of giving it out in an all star game.