Red Sox kicking our ARSES

They did take advantage of them in game 1.....they just didn't seal the deal.

Scott Rolen popped out with the bases loaded with one out in 8th on the first pitch he saw....he's still gotta be rehashing that one in his mind....then the team with the second highest team salary in baseball but somehow the media want them to be a "feel good" story, don't try to sell me crap, score in the bottom 8th and it's over...Rolen is wayyyyy too good to be doing that garbage.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, if there's ONE team in the history of sports that will not lose focus, it's the team that just overcame an 0-3 deficit in a playoff series.  if they lose, it won't be b/c they took the cardinals "lightly" or got overconfident.

as for homefield, it has never been "fair" in baseball.  the all-star game at least puts it in the hands of the players.

the cardinals have had loads of opportunities in the first two games.  boston simply took more advantage of theirs.  three 2-out hits last night that drove in 2 runs apiece.  that's clutch.  you make excuses about how the red sox errors came with 2 outs; well, the boston hitters found a way to get the 2-out hits.

stop whining about the media "lovefest" for the red sox and start hoping your team actually plays better.  so far they haven't played like a team that won 105 games during the regular season.  that's what you should be concerned about.

84743[/snapback]

I wasn't saying they would lose focus, just that they better not.

The All Star game doesn't put it in the hands of the players. It puts it in the hands of guys that are 20 games out of the playoff race. Mike Piaza tipping off pitches to the A.L? Where was he when the postseason came around? On a golf course. When you have Rockies, Pirates, Diamondbacks, and Expos determining the fate of teams like St. Louis that's just WRONG. There is NO OTHER WAY TO SLICE IT.

The Cardinals have had opportunities and missed them. Rolen missed a huge one in game 1 in a tied game and we missed some last night. We aren't playing good right now, I won't debate that. We have to get back to playing Cardinals baseball.

That doesn't mean I have to accept the fact tha those games were played in the wrong ballpark.

BF.....I like your proposal simply because it would make the end of the regular season a lot more interesting for those teams still in the race and wouldn't hinge on the outcome of a meaningless game.

The problem is it makes sense so good ol' Bud Selig isn't going to do it.

You liked the idea about just letting everyone into a tourney and flipping coins for homefield?

LOL.

I just think the impact of playing 162 games is minimized when a team that finished almost 10 games worse then the Cardinals has homefield because Roger Clemens got shelled in a meaningless all star game.

Tater, you are a bitter Pirates fan.  One of these days Barry will lead you to the World Series.  Oh that's right, he got the hell out of there as soon as he could.  At least he took the Giants to the big show huh?

84742[/snapback]

Better to be a bitter Pirates fan, than a whining cards fan...also come up with some new material b/c most Pirates fan never liked Bonds anyway....

Better to be a bitter Pirates fan, than a whining cards fan...also come up with some new material b/c most Pirates fan never liked Bonds anyway....

84817[/snapback]

No it's not. At least us whining Cards fans are playing FOR all the marbles. The Pirates and their fans are just playing with theirs.

I agree with you 100 percent.  That still doesn't change the fact that a WILD CARD TEAM has homefield advantage in the World Series over the best team in baseball.

84750[/snapback]

Home Field Advantage didnt help the Yankees much last year did it when they lost the world series to a WILD CARD team.

You still have to play the game no matter where you are.

Home Field Advantage didnt help the Yankees much last year did it when they lost the world series to a WILD CARD team.

You still have to play the game no matter where you are.

84843[/snapback]

Keep making excuses to justify your team having homefield advantage. You know it's not right and has never been right.

Keep making excuses to justify your team having homefield advantage.  You know it's not right and has never been right.

84847[/snapback]

Keep making excuses for your team losing. Is there anything else you can blame OTHER than the fact that neither Scott Rolen nor Jim Edmonds have done anything at the plate? OR the fact that neither starting pitcher made it out of the 5th inning? OR the fact that after Jim Edmonds, your lineup gets pretty weak and your bench depth is pretty non-existent?

Keep making excuses for your team losing.    Is there anything else you can blame OTHER than the fact that neither Scott Rolen nor Jim Edmonds have done anything at the plate?  OR the fact that neither starting pitcher made it out of the 5th inning?    OR the fact that after Jim Edmonds, your lineup gets pretty weak and your bench depth is pretty non-existent?

84860[/snapback]

nothing is actually his teams fault...i give it 5 minutes until he blames the ball manufacurer or the bat company...

lol.....

Reggie Sanders is weak????

Matheny get paid for his defense and in the NL they don't cheese to get another bat in the lineup.

What is weak is that comment. Especially considering you guys haven't played a single game at Busch yet.

That's fine.  You can do that every year, I would rather have a shot at winning.  Typical Pirates fan though.  You guys are just like Cub fans.  You have the losers attitude.

84844[/snapback]

when the playing fields are level, then I will be less bitter, until then call me Mr Bitter.....

Whats the predictions now that the Sox are up 2-0. Im just curious. I say Sox win tues with pedro to go 3-0 and then lose the next one with Lowe and win with Wakefield. So yes 5 games is my call maybe 6

84886[/snapback]

In some ways, it would be great to win it in Boston...too bad we have a 2-3-2 schedule, a 2-2-1-1 schedule would improve the chance to win it at home.