Red Sox kicking our ARSES

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about listless. I mean, the Cardinals put up 9 runs last night. Tonight they looked listless after the 4th inning though.

LaRussa is a good manager and is a very laid back guy, I think some of that rubs onto his team. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing though.

You Boston fans on this board would be very disgusted at some of the Boston trolls that are just flooding the Cardinals board. It's ridiculous.

That makes them no better then the Chokees fans.

I don't know about listless.  I mean, the Cardinals put up 9 runs last night.  Tonight they looked listless after the 4th inning though.

LaRussa is a good manager and is a very laid back guy, I think some of that rubs onto his team.  I'm not sure if that's a bad thing though. 

You Boston fans on this board would be very disgusted at some of the Boston trolls that are just flooding the Cardinals board.  It's ridiculous. 

That makes them no better then the Chokees fans.

83914[/snapback]

Almost all the Sox fans I know have the utmost respect for the Cardinals and their fans BF. There's always going to be a few nitwits with self-esteem issues who choose to take happy moments and choose to torment others with them rather than enjoy them. It's pathetic - don't let 'em get to you.

The eight errors (and the defense should be worse with Ortiz out there) worry me the most, but maybe Pedro has one last gem in his holster. We'll see.

I think you're right - the core of the team is somewhat placid like LaRussa. In my view, the most disappointing Cardinal was Williams - I thought his concentration was lacking for a veteran yesterday. Morris looked like he just didn't have enough velocity to be effective tonight - the breaking stuff looked good but he didn't have enough juice to keep the Sox off balance.

Tonights game was crappy. 

I can't believe LaRussa started Morris on 3 days rest.  That's just stupid if you ask me.

83908[/snapback]

3 days rest is just a horrible move statistically. Basically the playoffs feature the best starting pitchers the game has to offer...and starting a pitcher on short rest still works less than 20% of the time in recent years.

Guest Big Stein

BF, you seem to have quite a beef with the homefield issue. Even if they hadn't started awarding homefield to the winner of the ASG, it would've been the American League's turn this year. Recapping the past few years...2000 (AL-Yankee Stadium) 2001 (NL -Bank One Bpark) 2002 (AL-Anaheim Stadium)...then in 2003 they started the ASG rule.

For one 3 days rest mistake. 2 it would of been Als turn this year in rotation anyway. And BF i told you schilling wouldnt be rocked!! 8 errors in 2 games and the cards dont take advantage. Sorry but those should be your beefs. I also heard all week the Cards will bunt on Schilling to test his ankle..Well where were the bunts??

Oh well 2 down 2 to go.....with our second ace going today I think i like the RedSox chances. GO SOX!!

BF, you seem to have quite a beef with the homefield issue.  Even if they hadn't started awarding homefield to the winner of the ASG, it would've been the American League's turn this year.  Recapping the past few years...2000 (AL-Yankee Stadium)  2001 (NL -Bank One Bpark)  2002 (AL-Anaheim Stadium)...then in 2003 they started the ASG rule.

83959[/snapback]

I never liked that idea either. It should go to the team with the best record.

St. Louis lost two World Series in the 1980's in years which they had a better record then their opponent simply based on the fact that the other team had homefield advantage. The series against the Twins sticks out. The home team won every game.

I think you would have saw some different results if the games were in St. Louis.

They have looked good.

I have to hand it to Curt Schilling.  What a warrior that guy has been.

The two things that I will digress with however........

The strike zone tonight has been horrible.  The Sox pitchers have gotten the borderline calls, we have not, and with a thin strike zone you are forced to give guys hittable pitches.  They have hit them (as they should).

My biggest beef however is the homefield advantage.  These games should be in St. Louis.  Why even play for the best record when you aren't rewarded for it?  The All Star game???  What a joke.

Oh well, doesn't much matter, we win 3 in St. Louis and we are one away from the pennant.

83818[/snapback]

oh brother....The King of Excuses!!!! <_<:lol::lol::lol:

I have seen nothing to convince me that St. Louis has any chance in this series.  I'm having a tough time remembering one pitcher that hasn't been shelled.

83877[/snapback]

I saw nothing that convinced me that the Sox would beat the Yankees after 2 and 3 games either.

Homefield: It's more fair if it switches back and forth. You can make a very legitimate case that the Red Sox were a better team and played a tougher schedule. Even interleague doesn't count because it's very few games and against only one division. In other words, it's an impossible assessment. I'm sure you'd think it was fair if it was the other way around.

Strike Zone: A losing fan gripe. Was not a issue at all with the players, coaches or announcers. To say Red Sox got fair treatment is seeing the game through a rabid fan's eyes.

BF....advantage Cardinals.

No DH = David playing first and one less bat in the lineup.

The way baseball is played in every single league outside of the pro's. The pitcher is suppose to hit. It's an intergal part of the game and leads to more strategy.

The Cards aren't built to play in the American League. They are a National League team.

You've GOT to take these three.

Don't worry...the Yanks and the Cards were up 2-0 in both the ALCS and the NLCS. Both went the distance.

And the Cards have yet to lose a game at home in the postseason.

Pedro is going to be tough....but let's not forget Suppan shut down the Stros lineup....which is just as good as the BoSox.

RCow, that's not true, I have complained about it the last two years. I posted something durring last years all star game when Gagne was blowing that save about him screwing the N.L and how it was a joke anyways. This year I was also getting upset because I knew the Cards had a legit shot to get there.

It doesn't matter who played a tougher schedule. It's no different then the NFL awarding homefield advantage to the team with the best record even if every team the played was 0-16.

You play the regular season to earn the right to homefield advantage. If it isn't going to be done the right way, let's just throw every team into a best of 7 elimination tournament and flip coins to determine homefield for that series.

Tater, you are a bitter Pirates fan. One of these days Barry will lead you to the World Series. Oh that's right, he got the hell out of there as soon as he could. At least he took the Giants to the big show huh?

2-0 Red Sox.

They better not lose focus or it could be 3-2 St. Louis by Thursday night.

I'm still miffed about the homefield crap though, it bugs me.

83869[/snapback]

dude, if there's ONE team in the history of sports that will not lose focus, it's the team that just overcame an 0-3 deficit in a playoff series. if they lose, it won't be b/c they took the cardinals "lightly" or got overconfident.

as for homefield, it has never been "fair" in baseball. the all-star game at least puts it in the hands of the players.

the cardinals have had loads of opportunities in the first two games. boston simply took more advantage of theirs. three 2-out hits last night that drove in 2 runs apiece. that's clutch. you make excuses about how the red sox errors came with 2 outs; well, the boston hitters found a way to get the 2-out hits.

stop whining about the media "lovefest" for the red sox and start hoping your team actually plays better. so far they haven't played like a team that won 105 games during the regular season. that's what you should be concerned about.