Democrat Super Majority

UBinVA

Couldn't be any worse than 6 of the last 8 years huh?

If your lazy and rely on government handouts I agree. For the rest of us who work for a living I seriously doubt it.

pBills: Your avatar is disrespectful and trivial. You mock an American hero who spent 5 1/2 in a prison camp and has served his country with honor all his life. You are a disgrace and the leftists in this country are a disgrace.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your lazy and rely on government handouts I agree. For the rest of us who work for a living I seriously doubt it.

pBills: Your avatar is disrespectful and trivial. You mock an American hero who spent 5 1/2 in a prison camp and has served his country with honor all his life. You are a disgrace and the leftists in this country are a disgrace.

So he mocks one hero and you call 50 million people a disgrace?

He ain't a hero; he just got show down and captured. I could do that. That's not heroic. This is heroic.

AGERHOLM, HAROLD CHRIST

Rank and organization: Private First Class, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve. Born: 29 January 1925, Racine, Wis. Accredited to: Wisconsin. Citation: For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving with the 4th Battalion, 10th Marines, 2d Marine Division, in action against enemy Japanese forces on Saipan, Marianas Islands, 7 July 1944. When the enemy launched a fierce, determined counterattack against our positions and overran a neighboring artillery battalion, Pfc. Agerholm immediately volunteered to assist in the efforts to check the hostile attack and evacuate our wounded. Locating and appropriating an abandoned ambulance jeep, he repeatedly made extremely perilous trips under heavy rifle and mortar fire and single-handedly loaded and evacuated approximately 45 casualties, working tirelessly and with utter disregard for his own safety during a grueling period of more than 3 hours. Despite intense, persistent enemy fire, he ran out to aid 2 men whom he believed to be wounded marines but was himself mortally wounded by a Japanese sniper while carrying out his hazardous mission. Pfc. Agerholm's brilliant initiative, great personal valor and self-sacrificing efforts in the face of almost certain death reflect the highest credit upon himself and the U.S. Naval Service. He gallantly gave his life for his country.

The new Dems coming up do not have the same lock-step vote characteristics of the GOP, nor do they share those characteristics with the old-guard Dems. I don't think a Dem supermajority will be the nightmare scenario that the desperate and shrill GOP operatives would have you believe. And like Yellowlines said, if they don't perform their constituents will vote them out.

:D

You're so full of sh--.

He ain't a hero; he just got show down and captured. I could do that. That's not heroic. This is heroic.

BS.

Acting heroically in the heat of battle, while a great thing, is not as hard as refusing release from a prison where you've been tortured for years. One you do without thinking, the other is all about thought. And it is the harder of the two.

It's not unusual at all to instinctively overcome fear - jumping on a grenade, say - while the adreneline is flowing and do things that would paralyze us normally. Take away the sights and sounds of battle, and ask the same man in calmer surroundings to kill himself to save an acquantance, and you'll probably get a different response.

BS.

Acting heroically in the heat of battle, while a great thing, is not as hard as refusing release from a prison where you've been tortured for years. One you do without thinking, the other is all about thought. And it is the harder of the two.

It's not unusual at all to instinctively overcome fear - jumping on a grenade, say - while the adreneline is flowing and do things that would paralyze us normally. Take away the sights and sounds of battle, and ask the same man in calmer surroundings to kill himself to save an acquantance, and you'll probably get a different response.

Yeah, of course it's BS. It couldn't possibly be that words like "hero" are overused by modern hyperbolic American society.

DC Tom, that's a disgraceful thing to say about McCain. You may not agree with his politics or anything else but my god, don't disrespect his 20 year service and conduct as a POW.

I use the hero word very judiciously. Our society has over used that word where it doesn't fit. The press and our society has used it for victims of attacks and other non-heroic activities and it has diminished the true meaning of hero. The victims of 9/11 where not hero's, the police and firefighters were hero's putting their life on the line for others, but the others that died are just victims.

John McCain was and is a hero in my mind.

DC Tom, that's a disgraceful thing to say about McCain. You may not agree with his politics or anything else but my god, don't disrespect his 20 year service and conduct as a POW.

I use the hero word very judiciously. Our society has over used that word where it doesn't fit. The press and our society has used it for victims of attacks and other non-heroic activities and it has diminished the true meaning of hero. The victims of 9/11 where not hero's, the police and firefighters were hero's putting their life on the line for others, but the others that died are just victims.

John McCain was and is a hero in my mind.

Actually, I think it's even more disgraceful to label everyone and their mother as a hero, which was my point...but hey, whatever fills your little mind.