Stuck watching the Chefs & Jests in Albany area this week

gsurdam

I say chose your fights wisely. Albany is too much a Jests town to get the local station to change its mind on this. If we light up the switch boards every time the Bills are left off, then our calls won't mean as much later when it matters.

WRGB has listed the Jets & Chiefs for the 1:00 game this week. Is it time to get our dialing fingers warmed up ???

Have you not heard of a satellite dish mate? If you get one from DirecTV you will never have this problem again because you can order the Sunday ticket which will get you every Bills game in HD. In 2008, you should be able to watch every football game without leaving the confines of your home. Welcome to the 21st century!! But remember you need a clear view from your residence to the southwest to get the DirecTV signal. Good luck!!

A viewer in an area where the Bills aren't regularly on TV has several options:

1. Direct TV. But, some people simply can't afford that expense, or have a living situation that makes it difficult for that solution to be practical.

2. Go to a sports bar. Simple and effective. Don't drive drunk. Most bars have gameday specials, and you can probably get by under $10, in many cities, if you want. The bar I go to has $6 pitchers of beer (including Yuengling) and $1.50 pints (drinks are reasonable, too). This may not work for some people, either.

3. Watch it (or just listen to it) on the Internet, for free. This year has been the best, so far, for getting decent feeds, most weeks. If you have dial-up, this probably isn't for you.

One of these should work for most people, I think.

Have you not heard of a satellite dish mate? If you get one from DirecTV you will never have this problem again because you can order the Sunday ticket which will get you every Bills game in HD. In 2008, you should be able to watch every football game without leaving the confines of your home. Welcome to the 21st century!! But remember you need a clear view from your residence to the southwest to get the DirecTV signal. Good luck!!

You nailed it... I DO NOT have a clear view to the south west to get the signal. I had the Sunday ticket for the first 5 years it was available. Then the trees in my neighbor's land grew to tall and blocked my signal. So , I am stuck watching two crap teams play each other on Sunday because there are idiot Jet fans in the area. GREAT !!!

A viewer in an area where the Bills aren't regularly on TV has several options:

1. Direct TV. But, some people simply can't afford that expense, or have a living situation that makes it difficult for that solution to be practical.

2. Go to a sports bar. Simple and effective. Don't drive drunk. Most bars have gameday specials, and you can probably get by under $10, in many cities, if you want. The bar I go to has $6 pitchers of beer (including Yuengling) and $1.50 pints (drinks are reasonable, too). This may not work for some people, either.

3. Watch it (or just listen to it) on the Internet, for free. This year has been the best, so far, for getting decent feeds, most weeks. If you have dial-up, this probably isn't for you.

One of these should work for most people, I think.

I would be glad to watch it on my computer. If someone has the link please let me know.

Thanks

and remind them you need the superfan package to watch in hd. or, rather, to record in hd if you need that option. i sat down late one Sunday to wacth the bills-Oakland game, only to find out I needed Superfan which was not part of the package they sold me. i almost through my remote through my plasma, which would have been not good.

They won't come off the Jets game, and it would be foolish to even try. However, if it were a team other than a NYC team, you should voice vigorous discontent.

Wow! Is it really that bad for Bills fans in Albany? The struggling Jets vs. Missouri Chiefs?

People in Albany actually care about that game?

The Buffalo-Miami game is always an awesome match up - even if you're not even a fan of either team.

FWIW the Buffalo Bills - Miami Dolphins game is on here in Syracuse!!

P.S. Does Amtrak still have the Buffalo Bills Express trains on game day from Albany? I knew of a few Bills fans here in Syracuse that used that a couple of times. But it's easier just to get on the NYS Thruway and drive yourself.

But, if you do the game right, the return trip is better left in the hands of others.

Wow! Is it really that bad for Bills fans in Albany? The struggling Jets vs. Missouri Chiefs?

People in Albany actually care about that game?

The Buffalo-Miami game is always an awesome match up - even if you're not even a fan of either team.

FWIW the Buffalo Bills - Miami Dolphins game is on here in Syracuse!!

The local CBS station is committed to the Jets. They now show all the Jets preseason games, or have them on their sister station. So no matter how bad the Jets game is, head to head Albany will always show the Jets this season.

On to another post reply-the Bills express ended a few years ago. The US government was threatening not to fund Amtrak and the Bills Express was a casualty of Amtrak's uncertain future. After that season, Amtrak continued, but the Bills Express did not.