My 10 BIGGEST Concerns Now

We're in great shape but we aren't even at mid season. Lots can go wrong ... some things we can control, some we can't.

Here are my concerns roughly in order:

1. Trent Edwards goes down to injury: Anyone that saw one-dimensional Losman against Cards vs game manager Edwards against Bolts, knows what I mean. If this happens we're toast;

2. Continued injuries in the secondary: We have little depth there and it will become a major weakness. Our #1 pick may not be ready for prime time this year;

3. Complacency: We're not that much better than anyone else in the league. We got whipped by Cards and all our victories but one have been close;

4. Loss to Jets 2 weeks from now: Forget about Favre, the real story there is an improving Jets defense;

5. Pats aren't as bad as everyone here thinks: I agree last night was mostly about a terrible Broncos team, but still ....

6. Distracted by Toronto talk: now that we're good, I hope the game against Miami in Toronto doesn't distract the players about team's status;

7. Jim Hardy isn't a factor this year: without Hardy our WR team is essentially what it was last year: a bunch of smurfs. We need Hardy to get us over the hump and win some games with size advantage to thwart opposing defenses good game plans (e.g. winning TD catch against Jags.)

8. The Ralph: that place is falling apart and will put more pressure on moving the team as building a new stadium is unaffordable;

9. More Injuries to linebackers: see #2 above;

10. Tennessee's Schedule: it's one of the weakest in the league and if face them in the playoffs I'd much rather have it be here than the site of "Music City Miracle."

Good points. One of the big pluses so far is that neither the team or the board is letting the record go to their heads.

10. Tennessee's Schedule: it's one of the weakest in the league and if face them in the playoffs I'd much rather have it be here than the site of "Music City Miracle."
It may work to our advantage as a team that thinks it's better than it is and has not been tested would be much more vulnerable against a real team in the post bye game.

If we do meet I would definitely want the game to be a home game but it would be sweet justice to beat them at home.

We're in great shape but we aren't even at mid season. Lot's can go wrong ... some things we can control, some we can't.

1. Trent Edwards goes down to injury: Anyone that saw one-dimensional Losman against Cards vs game manager Edwards against Bolts, knows what I mean. If this happens we're toast;

2. Continued injuries in the secondary: We have little depth there and it will become a major weakness. Our #1 pick may not be ready for prime time this year;

3. Complacency: We're not that much better than anyone else in the league. We got whipped by Cards and all our victories but one have been close;

4. Loss to Jets 2 weeks from now: Forget about Favre, the real story there is an improving Jets defense;

5. Pats aren't as bad as everyone here thinks: I agree last night was mostly about a terrible Broncos team, but still ....

6. Distracted by Toronto talk: now that we're good, I hope the game against Miami in Toronto doesn't distract the players about team's status;

7. Jim Hardy isn't a factor this year: without Hardy our WR team is essentially what it was last year: a bunch of smurfs. We need Hardy to get us over the hump and win some games with size advantage to thwart opposing defenses good game plans (e.g. winning TD catch against Jags.)

8. The Ralph: that place is falling apart and will put more pressure on moving the team as building a new stadium is unaffordable;

The Ralph is in pretty good shape IMO and the toronto talk is a bunch of BS IMO this team is to focused on the ultimate goal and DJ is good at keeping them focused

We're in great shape but we aren't even at mid season. Lot's can go wrong ... some things we can control, some we can't.

Well, yeah, no kidding! Every team's season lies in the balance of what injuries could occur.

Only one close victory? 17 points over the Rams? 2 score victory over the Chargers?

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?

I'm here, and I've never purpoted that the Pats are "bad." I also highly doubt that the actual players think they're "bad."

Let's not project our fan "distractions" onto the team.

One clutch catch does not a receiver corps make. Josh Reed has been GREAT for us this year. Roscoe is also having a very very solid year. We don't NEED Hardy. He'll certainly help, and I'd love to see the respect you're looking for, but we're doing just fine without him.

:(

Yeah, I agree.

At this point in the season the Titans have the fourth easiest schedule. We're only between weeks 7 and 8. Let's see how this one plays out.

FWIW- NYG has had the easiest schedule.

1. Agreed.

2. No depth in the secondary!? Didn't we just beat the Chargers with our backup FS, backup SS, and 4th string CCB playing significant roles? 2 of our top 3 CBs were out and we still beat them.

3. Agreed.

4. No - it's at home and we will pull out some tricks over the next three weeks to ensure our division rivals cannot game plan effectively for us.

5. Agreed, but not sure who says they're bad.

6. Players don't care about moving to TO or the specualtion.

7. WR are fine - we needed an offensive coordinator upgrade before anything else.

8. The Ralph is fine and no stadiums are going to be built in this economic climate. TO real estate costs too much to build a new stadium and Rogers Center isn't big enough.

9. Agreed.

10. Agreed.

In the first place, I have no worries, as I am enjoying the ride.....5-1 after 12 years sounds very sweet.......

I hope the Bills had addressed the TE position in the off season in Free Agency.

Tennessee still has to play the Colts/Jags/Texans in the tough AFC South and also has to play the strong NFC South. They are bound to lose some of those road games.

You're trying too hard. 5 biggest concerns would've been far more acceptable considering there's at least 5 points on here that are very debatable and sometimes flat out wrong.

EVERY team would have this concern regarding their starting quarterback. There are less than a handful of back-ups capable of leading their team into the playoffs. It's just not worth pointing out because it's so obvious. You mention Tennessee's easy schedule, but yeah, what if they lose Kerry Collins? Then I guess their season changes pretty dramatically.

Because you're certain of this? Since when were NFL games predetermined? And we're talking about the team that just lost to Oakland, right? By far, the worst point of them all simply because you've already counted that game as a loss to a team that isn't even the toughest opponent left on our schedule.

The team's status? Most of the guys on this roster could be gone after the current deal expires that is guaranteed to keep the team in Buffalo for years. I can promise you this will be the last distraction on their mind. Most of them could care less about this issue, because they're getting paid no mater what. I hate to make this issue sound so irrelevant to them because of how much we love this team, but it's true.

And that's affected our record up until this point? Not one bit. 5-1, bro. In fact, the one time we needed him, he came through. As someone pointed out, the offensive coordinator is a huge reason why our wide receivers looked so poorly at times last year. Don't worry, Josh looks great this year, Lee has been awesome and Roscoe has even made big contributions.

?!? Surely this statement isn't because of the balloon incident, is it? I have not heard many folks complaining about the Ralph "falling apart."

I know you mentioned linebacker depth further down in your post, but an injury to Poz or Mitchell would be much more devastating than any injury to the secondary position. Costanzo and Corto...that is all you've got!

I can only agree with number one. The rest are crazy talk.

2. What!? The secondary is deep. The were minus Simpson, McGee and Youboty, and held the top passing O to 14 points.

3. We are the most balanced team in the NFL. If Trent didn't get hurt, game would've been close.

4. Jets are going down. They lost to Oakland.

5. Pats are still an up and down enigma.

6. Who's distracted? All the players are looking forward to it.

7. Our WR core has been solid. Lee is having a career year, Josh has been reliable and consistent. We haven't needed Hardy yet. And need I remind you he caught a sick TD against the Jags.

8. The Ralph is awesome. Don't know what you're talking about.

9. Injuries are always a concern.

10. Irrelevant. Titans have no impact on our season at all. Totally irrelevant.

They've given up 146 points, 28 more than us. Not to mention didn't Arizona light them up for like 5 TD's in one half?

I guarantee you can go to every AFC East team's message board, and everyone of them would rather be us than them :ph34r:

Disagree on 3, I'm not too worried about the Jets, and as to 8, it's not really falling apart, it's just...not shiny.

Also, the cards are a good team. They have played with a LOT of tenacity and energy since their route a week before the bills game, I am impressed. Warner is playing well, too, and is really a tough guy.

EVERY team would have this concern regarding their starting quarterback. There are less than a handful of back-ups capable of leading their team into the playoffs. It's just not worth pointing out because it's so obvious. You mention Tennessee's easy schedule, but yeah, what if they lose Kerry Collins? Then I guess their season changes pretty dramatically.

Yes but it can be managed. For instance, if your team has an insurmountable lead or deficit, it makes sense to take key starters out. Seems like teams used to do this in the past but now it's a lost art. For example, why was Rodney Harrison on the field well past the point Denver had any chance? Why leave an oft-injured vet on the field when a game's been decided? And to your other point, I think Bills suffer a lot more if Losman takes over than if V Young does in Tennessee (he did take them to the playoffs last year.) So it's more relevant to us.

I can only agree with number one. The rest are crazy talk.

2. What!? The secondary is deep. The were minus Simpson, McGee and Youboty, and held the top passing O to 14 points.

3. We are the most balanced team in the NFL. If Trent didn't get hurt, game would've been close.

4. Jets are going down. They lost to Oakland.

5. Pats are still an up and down enigma.

6. Who's distracted? All the players are looking forward to it.

7. Our WR core has been solid. Lee is having a career year, Josh has been reliable and consistent. We haven't needed Hardy yet. And need I remind you he caught a sick TD against the Jags.

8. The Ralph is awesome. Don't know what you're talking about.

9. Injuries are always a concern.

10. Irrelevant. Titans have no impact on our season at all. Totally irrelevant.

Thats one more than me

The team's status? Most of the guys on this roster could be gone after the current deal expires that is guaranteed to keep the team in Buffalo for years. I can promise you this will be the last distraction on their mind. Most of them could care less about this issue, because they're getting paid no mater what. I hate to make this issue sound so irrelevant to them because of how much we love this team, but it's true.

Well since Edwards just said Buffalo is a better city than Toronto on PTI this may all be moot!!

I know you mentioned linebacker depth further down in your post, but an injury to Poz or Mitchell would be much more devastating than any injury to the secondary position. Costanzo and Corto...that is all you've got!

Agreed. That came to me late so it ended up lower in list than I would have wanted. That's why I said order was rough approximation. If I had to do it again I'd put it 3 or 4.