Winslow's mystery illness revealed

Surprised that I haven't seen anyone here comment on his request to be traded. Obviously the trading deadline is over now, so it is moot for this year. Does anyone think he is worth pursuing in the off-season for a late-round draft pick? Or is he too much of a head case? (No pun intended)

im going with too much of a headcase. but im not a pro scout.

but id like to avoid any players from "the U" who consider themselves bigger than the game/team.

It might not be Cleveland's fault. He needs to swab with alcohol before jerkin the gherkin. :lol:

Anyhoo, it sounds like Cleveland needs to fire it's whole medical staff. Any team that has that many staph infections with their players needs to seriously revamp the whole medical team. Do they ever clean the training room?

No no no. We are building a TEAM here not assembling talent like the Cowboys. In football of course you have to have talent but the team with talent AND "character" is going to win more games. The last couple of years the organization has taken the right approach, if they sign a big name like Winslow they will deviate from their approach. Not to say we should not sign any big names. If the right big name that works hard, plays hard, and is all about team then yes go for it. It seems Winslow is another ultra talent from the U that is more concerned with glitz and glamour than winning football games. Or maybe im wrong, hes a f***in SOLDIER!!!!! lol, what a buffoon

For those of you that are hung up on the soldier comment, Thurman made a similar commment in one of those NFL Channel retrospective on the Bills that I saw last year.

If that is the first time you heard a military analogy with respect to football, you guys do not watch a lot of football.

For those of you that are hung up on the soldier comment, Thurman made a similar commment in one of those NFL Channel retrospective on the Bills that I saw last year.

If that is the first time you heard a military analogy with respect to football, you guys do not watch a lot of football.

a couple things to point out...

Its not so much what he said, but just his general a-hole-ish nature about it. he was being asked about his standing over a player who was injured. instead of a classy answer he went off on the posted tirade.

FURTHERMORE, if i remember correctly (ill check the dates in a sec), he made that comment right after we had invaded Iraq. which made him look even more foolish, comparing himself to the soldiers that were being deployed at the time.

a couple things to point out...

Its not so much what he said, but just his general a-hole-ish nature about it. he was being asked about his standing over a player who was injured. instead of a classy answer he went off on the posted tirade.

FURTHERMORE, if i remember correctly (ill check the dates in a sec), he made that comment right after we had invaded Iraq. which made him look even more foolish, comparing himself to the soldiers that were being deployed at the time.

As I recall, he made the comment right after the Hurricanes lost to Tennessee. My memory is fuzzy regarding what you are saying about standing over a player. I just don't recall. I do recall him being really upset that the Hurricanes lost.

He was not in any way comparing himself or any other football player to people who are fighting for our country.

It is one of those things where if people want to be offended and go out of their way to be offended, they will read something into a comment like that.

Winslow works hard, makes clutch plays, and would be an outstanding addition to our team as a tight end. I doubt that a deal will ever get done for him, but if it did, he would be a nice addition.

Living here in Youngstown, OH (about an hour away from Cleveland), we get a lot of Browns coverage. Different sources say different things about the team on this issue. Some sources say that it's actually the Cleveland Clinic's fault for the recent problems at the Browns facility with staph infections, because the Browns "outsource", that is, use Cleveland Clinic personnel at their facility. Other sources say it's strictly the fault of the Browns medical team because they're lax in following infection protocols.

Either way, it's a serious problem because some strains of staph infections can kill. Or in some cases cause muscle and tissue damage as in the case of LeCharles Bentley. The Browns also haven't done themselves any favors by the fact that they refuse to address it publicly in any serious way, which leads to more speculation.

Surprised that I haven't seen anyone here comment on his request to be traded. Obviously the trading deadline is over now, so it is moot for this year. Does anyone think he is worth pursuing in the off-season for a late-round draft pick? Or is he too much of a head case? (No pun intended)

No. He's a Cleveland Steamer - through and through.

As I recall, he made the comment right after the Hurricanes lost to Tennessee. My memory is fuzzy regarding what you are saying about standing over a player. I just don't recall. I do recall him being really upset that the Hurricanes lost.

He was not in any way comparing himself or any other football player to people who are fighting for our country.

It is one of those things where if people want to be offended and go out of their way to be offended, they will read something into a comment like that.

I know he wasnt trying to compare himself to people fighting for our country. but that doesnt change the fact that we had just gone to war and his comments were completely out of place at the time. just goes to show how selfish (see mention of Cronell press conference) he is. As Romeo said in a "round about" way, he's a distraction at best.

Winslow works hard, makes clutch plays, and would be an outstanding addition to our team as a tight end. I doubt that a deal will ever get done for him, but if it did, he would be a nice addition.

he's a headcase, always has been. and im pissed at youtube for not having the security cam footage of his motorcycle crash from a couple years ago (which he LIED to the team about)

I know he wasnt trying to compare himself to people fighting for our country. but that doesnt change the fact that we had just gone to war and his comments were completely out of place at the time. just goes to show how selfish (see mention of Cronell press conference) he is. As Romeo said in a "round about" way, he's a distraction at best.

he's a headcase, always has been. and im pissed at youtube for not having the security cam footage of his motorcycle crash from a couple years ago (which he LIED to the team about)

That was one hell of a block. I had forgotten that he had taken out two guys on that play.

The interview just goes to show you why they have a cooling off period in the NFL before the press is allowed to talk to the players.