[please fix subject]Fred Jackson

NewEra

What is his contract situation? Is he a FA after this season?

While he may not be the best player on our offense, I believe he may be the most important (other than Trent). He does it all, and he does it on the same level as a starter. If he was on another team, he would be a stud, battling Marshawn for the pro bowl. I hope the front office sees how important he is to this offense and rewards him with a long term contract. We NEED him. Gotta love that block on Lynchs run.

Fred Jackson will be a restricted free agent in the off season. I'm sure the Bills will give him a big enough qualifying offer to scare off most teams.

I hope that is the case. Freddie isn't likely to be looked at as the #1 workhorse back by many (any?) teams. But, the guy is really valuable and comes to play. I can see a team (or two) making it very expensive for the Bills to keep FJ, if they really want to.

How does a guy like that fall through the cracks of the NFL to NFL Europa...etc

I guess same deal as Kurt Warner...

Anyway, the guy is money...I hope th Bills give him some!

How do teams draft Blair Thomas and a lot of other first round busts? It's a very inexact science. Also he may have needed more time to develop than any team was willing to invest in him.

How does a guy like that fall through the cracks of the NFL to NFL Europa...etc

I guess same deal as Kurt Warner...

Anyway, the guy is money...I hope th Bills give him some!

yep...rare that those guys slip thru--but they do occasionally

Good to hear that he'll be an RFA....good chance we'll be able to keep him. And if some other team gets a stiffy over him we'll pick up a nice draft pick or two instead. My preference would be to hang on to him.

Good to hear that he'll be an RFA....good chance we'll be able to keep him. And if some other team gets a stiffy over him we'll pick up a nice draft pick or two instead. My preference would be to hang on to him.

I want to see him remain a Bill too but Detroit has to be licking their chops over this guy.