Official SD@BUF game thread

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if they get it straightened out.

I'm an electrician...I cant believe they don't have a plan to get this up and running. We normally run through exercises for these kinds of emergencies at our critical facilities.

I'm an electrician...I cant believe they don't have a plan to get this up and running. We normally run through exercises for these kinds of emergencies at our critical facilities.

Being the alarmist that I sometimes can be, I find myself wondering things like, maybe it's NOT the power. Maybe there was a shooting at the stadium or something.

I know, it's out there, but it seems to me that an NFL stadium should be prepared for moments such as this. If not, all I can say is....only in Buffalo.

From chris brown:

Power out again

By Chris Brown - Posted October 19th, 2008

The Bills game has been delayed by a second power outage. This one was done on purpose. It’s being done to once and for all rectify the power issue. The game has been stopped so you’re not missing anything out there folks.

Sit tight and we’ll let you know when things are back up and running. They said the outage delay should only be about 5 minutes.

I'm sure the Satellite trucks were on regular power. They would need to turn on and warm up the generators. I don't think anything else is really needed, except the Play-by-Play dudes and cameras are on regular power. They are probably charging batteries for those as well.

Instant replay too.

Being the alarmist that I sometimes can be, I find myself wondering things like, maybe it's NOT the power. Maybe there was a shooting at the stadium or something.

I know, it's out there, but it seems to me that an NFL stadium should be prepared for moments such as this. If not, all I can say is....only in Buffalo.

It has happened elsewhere before. In reality it could be just about anything wrong. Maybe Niagra ran out of water and there's nothing to generate because all the Canadian fans flushed too much.

Your right though, our first semi-national game (in most markets) and it's delayed because of technical issues.

Guest dog14787
There was a problem with a hot air balloon in power lines before the game started which casued the pre-game outtage. They knew that the power would have to go out again to restore pwer, which is what we are seeing now.

Thanks for the report :D