Why TG is not a Bill

IQ

According to Vic Carucci on Sirius NFL Network today, the report out of KC was that Tony Gonzalez had a few "no trade to" teams and one of them was Buffalo. They didn't have details as to why this was and his partner on air questioned why TG would not want to go to a 4-1 team (weather vs. media attention?).

So despite what the Bills were going to offer, TG was going to veto the trade and Peterson was not about to trade him where he did not want to go.

Either way, I hope this doe snot bode ill for future FA signees.

FA's are a different issue entirely. They go where the money is can be seen by the success they have had getting the personell they have targeted.

In this case, TG was not in line for any more money, and was just looking for the extra exposure perk that goes along with being in NYC.

According to Vic Carucci on Sirius NFL Network today, the report out of KC was that Tony Gonzalez had a few "no trade to" teams and one of them was Buffalo. They didn't have details as to why this was and his partner on air questioned why TG would not want to go to a 4-1 team (weather vs. media attention?).

So despite what the Bills were going to offer, TG was going to veto the trade and Peterson was not about to trade him where he did not want to go.

I don't think it will effect anyone elses opinion of our team if anything it makes him look like a big whiner. Anyway he didn't want to be a Bill he wanted to be a Giant well he shunned us and the Giants shunned him Kharmas a female dog eh?

the location is going to a factor, everything else being equal....the media completely ignores Buff and always will ...where would you rather travel/stay over a couple nights, etc. to do an interview or call a game? NYC, Boston, Miami, or Buffalo...? Ralph probably has to pay more than other teams for the same FA...

when a complete newcomer takes a cab or shuttle bus down the Kensington Expressway from the airport and sees all the blight, gets to the Hyatt downtown (all visiting teams stay there), get up in the morning and see the boarded up storefronts across Main street,, you wonder why guys have teams they simply won't go to? It looks like friggin Beirut looking out the main window of the downtown Hyatt....

when a complete newcomer takes a cab or shuttle bus down the Kensington Expressway from the airport and sees all the blight, gets to the Hyatt downtown (all visiting teams stay there), get up in the morning and see the boarded up storefronts across Main street,, you wonder why guys have teams they simply won't go to? It looks like friggin Beirut looking out the main window of the downtown Hyatt....

True, but what they are seeing before all that is dollar signs and the knowledge that they must maximize their earnings.

I once left a fortune 50 job for a start up, I gave up a corner office, perks up the ying yang for what looked like a boiler room operation...The only thing I could see was the signing bon and the extra zeros of my yearly, plus options.

Money can make a lot of things tolerable....even boarded up B'lo.

Anyway, for a guy like TG..its about fame, prestige and a SB ring...not what the city looks like or its economic stading.

Maybe the fact that the Bills have blown ass for the past decade has somthing to do with it.

Well you might be in right in terms of other people's perceptions of the Bills, but an educated NFL player should be able to evaluate another team in an unbiased fashion and its no secret that (like them or not), the Bills are a young team with emerging talent that are knocking on the door this year and for sure the next few years (especially if TE pans out as the real deal).

TG's impetus for wanting to leave KC was for playoff participation and possibly the SB. Only a few teams had a need for TE, concordant intersest in him, and the possibility of playoffs + SB.

The Bills were clearly one of those teams and arguably the team with the most interest in TG. For him to cut them out with the knowledge he would be back on KC and lose out on his chance for his new goals says a lot.

One part of me can't fault him for it affecting his media hype. The other part of me thinks he's quite foolish to not have a chance to be on a winning team. Buffalo is going to get a lot more media coverage than KC, especially if we win the div and get into the playoffs. And TG would undoubtedly have gotten a lot of that limelight. Oh well.

Here's to hoping Donte takes it personally when we play them and gets a good lick on him.

We definitely need to draft a TE high (2nd or 3rd rnd) for the first time in a long time (Kevin Everett excepted).

On PTI Thursday, Tony Kornheiser surmised that Gonzales blocked trades to Buffalo and Atlanta because he's 32 years old and didn't want to risk playing at home stadiums with artificial turf.

I don't usually put much stock into what Korny says and I'm not necessarily say it's true, but it's an interesting theory at least.

On PTI Thursday, Tony Kornheiser surmised that Gonzales blocked trades to Buffalo and Atlanta because he's 32 years old and didn't want to risk playing at home stadiums with artificial turf.

I don't usually put much stock into what Korny says and I'm not necessarily say it's true, but it's an interesting theory at least.

I heard that, too (couldn't remember who said it, though). One thing confused me:

Does Giant's Stadium have natural grass?