Could someobody answer me this question

I didn't watch the whole debate.....it seemed a lot of McCain taking jabs at Obama (which I thought he was not doing?....come one people dont be scared of Obama)

But then the thing I am left with is when he looks at Obama and tells him if he wanted to run against George Bush he should have done it 4 years ago and he isn't Bush.

But aren't many of McCains policies SIMILAR to what Bush is doing? The feeling I get is that while McCain might be a different person he does however have the same ideas which would end up having the same result?

Someone clue me in here.

I don't really know how similar Bush and McCain are.. so I won't comment on that.

But Bush does have really really low approval ratings. I think he has set the record for low approval ratings since the ratings system began. So why in the world wouldn't McCain want to separate himself from Bush?

Plus Obama does say "policies of the last 8 years" a whole lot. Kind of getting annoying, and I hate Bush more than most.

I didn't watch the whole debate.....it seemed a lot of McCain taking jabs at Obama (which I thought he was not doing?....come one people dont be scared of Obama)

But then the thing I am left with is when he looks at Obama and tells him if he wanted to run against George Bush he should have done it 4 years ago and he isn't Bush.

But aren't many of McCains policies SIMILAR to what Bush is doing? The feeling I get is that while McCain might be a different person he does however have the same ideas which would end up having the same result?

Someone clue me in here.

I guess you missed the part of the answer where he listed all of the ways he disagreed with Bush.

Someone clue me in here.

Well Obama's policies are similar to Jimmy Crter, Herbert Hoovers. But no one is comparing Obama to either one of them. Things that make you go Hmm...

I'm confused as to why you brought up the economy.

Because for the last month, and most of the entire campaign, Obama has been trying to directly link McCain to Bush's economy. He could care less, and the country could care less right now, that the things McCain opposed Bush on and listed last night ( climate change, earmarks, torture, conduct of the war in Iraq, pharmaceutical companies on Medicare prescription drugs, importation, HMO patient's bill of rights, 9/11 Commission) only his beloved earmarks had a direct correlation to the continuation of Bush's budget and economic decisions and philosophies. (Others one could argue indirectly affect the economy but for that matter everything outside of torture would).

Not to mention, of course, that the topic/question McCain was answering at first with the "I'm not Bush", which led to the list of things he differed from Bush on, was about the economy, and whether McCain could balance the budget in four years.

Because for the last month, and most of the entire campaign, Obama has been trying to directly link McCain to Bush's economy. He could care less, and the country could care less right now, that the things McCain opposed Bush on and listed last night ( climate change, earmarks, torture, conduct of the war in Iraq, pharmaceutical companies on Medicare prescription drugs, importation, HMO patient's bill of rights, 9/11 Commission) only his beloved earmarks had a direct correlation to the continuation of Bush's budget and economic decisions and philosophies. (Others one could argue indirectly affect the economy but for that matter everything outside of torture would).

Not to mention, of course, that the topic/question McCain was answering at first with the "I'm not Bush", which led to the list of things he differed from Bush on, was about the economy, and whether McCain could balance the budget in four years.

Obama has been trying to directly link McCain to Bush on just economic policy?

News to me....

Obama has been trying to directly link McCain to Bush on just economic policy?

News to me....

In the last month, pretty much. The war will be brought up in an aside.

And again, that is the question that Obama raised to McCain when McCain started listing the things he differed on. Here is the exchange:

Now, you've shown independence -- commendable independence, on some key issues like torture, for example, and I give you enormous credit for that. But when it comes to economic policies, essentially what you're proposing is eight more years of the same thing. And it hasn't worked.

And I think the American people understand it hasn't worked. We need to move in a new direction.

SCHIEFFER: All right...

MCCAIN: Let me just say, Bob.

SCHIEFFER: OK. About 30 seconds.

MCCAIN: OK. But it's very clear that I have disagreed with the Bush administration. I have disagreed with leaders of my own party. I've got the scars to prove it.

Whether it be bringing climate change to the floor of the Senate for the first time. Whether it be opposition to spending and earmarks, whether it be the issue of torture, whether it be the conduct of the war in Iraq, which I vigorously opposed. Whether it be on fighting the pharmaceutical companies on Medicare prescription drugs, importation. Whether it be fighting for an HMO patient's bill of rights. Whether it be the establishment of the 9/11 Commission.

I have a long record of reform and fighting through on the floor of the United States Senate.

In the last month, pretty much. The war will be brought up in an aside.

It's been all policies, not just the economy, since it started. The only reason why it seems like its the economy now, is because the economy is the top issue...

And again, that is the question that Obama raised to McCain when McCain started listing the things he differed on. Here is the exchange:

Which McCain didn't exactly answer the best he could (pointing out that he wants to cut a lot of Government that Bush doesn't would have helped quite a bit...)

Someone clue me in here.

Obama has practically inferred that Bush and McCain are one and the same. I actually like McCain's response to that a lot. Makes me wonder.....if Obama is so disgusted with Bush, why DIDN'T he run against him 4 years ago?

Obama has practically inferred that Bush and McCain are one and the same. I actually like McCain's response to that a lot. Makes me wonder.....if Obama is so disgusted with Bush, why DIDN'T he run against him 4 years ago?

One communist at a time, comrades. Kerry had more time in the KGB than Hussein.

Isn't Obama a relative babe when it comes to the political arena. I dont think he would have had the experience to get his parties nomination 4 years ago.

or am I wrong on that.

The national arena, yes. He graduated from Harvard Law School and was a college professor then served in the Illinois legislature. He ran for Congress and lost and then ran for the Senate. His opponent was outed by his soon-to-be-ex wife as a sexual deviant of sorts, and the best the GOP could come up with was Alan Keyes. So Obama won his first term in the US Senate.

The "rap" against him by the GOP is that Senatorial and state government experience doesn't count. So you that means essentially if you believe that, that John McCain isn't quailfied either.

The national arena, yes. He graduated from Harvard Law School and was a college professor then served in the Illinois legislature. He ran for Congress and lost and then ran for the Senate. His opponent was outed by his soon-to-be-ex wife as a sexual deviant of sorts, and the best the GOP could come up with was Alan Keyes. So Obama won his first term in the US Senate.

So no real job yet?