"Chiefs to Keep Gonzalez"

afl0226

The Giants and Eagles were smart not to offer anything more than a 4th. It's clear that wanting to go to a bigger market high-profile team was a motivating factor and it was not 100% about going to a winner. I don't want a guy like that on my team. I expect to see him on Dancing with the Stars next season.

I forgot to mention this before, so thanks for bringing it up. The Giants traded Shockey for a 2nd and 5th pick to the Saints, but would only offer a 4th for Gonzalez, which is what the Bills got or McCargo? They must not think he has much left in the tank even right now. So maybe it's best that a trade to the Bills didn't get done.

And instead of wishing injury on him, I'd rather see him prove he wasn't worth a 3rd rounder, and that the non-trade was a blessing in disguise. IMHO I think he lost a lot of respect league-wide over this whole fiasco and maybe that was a factor in the low trade offers.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to mention this before, so thanks for bringing it up. The Giants traded Shockey for a 2nd and 5th pick to the Saints, but would only offer a 4th for Gonzalez, which is what the Bills got or McCargo? They must not think he has much left in the tank even right now. So maybe it's best that a trade to the Bills didn't get done.

And instead of wishing injury on him, I'd rather see him prove he wasn't worth a 3rd rounder, and that the non-trade was a blessing in disguise. IMHO I think he lost a lot of respect league-wide over this whole fiasco and maybe that was a factor in the low trade offers.

So lets try to play the best ball we can and make it into as well as make some noise in the playoffs. Hey if the stars align in our favor who knows where that might lead. Tony Gonzaga will just be another one we can rub it in the face of if he truly didnt want to come here. I wanted him sure I did he would have been a great infusion of leadership and experience but that wouldnt matter if he didn't want to be here.

Whats the deal with the rookie Fine? I know its a term used alot here but I thought the FO thought highly of him.

And hey, we still have our third roung pick after all, good thing as our lines are still in need of help.

I am glad the Bills kept all their picks for next year and did not overpay for Gonzales. He would of been a great pickup, but it sounds like the price was way too steep. The Chefs have little talent besides Dwayne Bowe, and a few others. If I were the Chefs GM I would have a firesale on my veterans and stockpiled picks for next year. They will not build a team around Gonzales, and they are definitely several years away

Amen. TG is too old by NFL standards fo a first round draft choice. Time to move on.

I think Ben has the arm of Cutler and the leadership of TE.

Well...When I originally said "Young" QB's I purposely left out Big Ben, Eli and Rivers...Not that they are old by any means, but I was thinking QB's who have come into the NFL in the last 2 Years or so...I should have been more specific...No question the 3 mentioned above are ahead of TE...Two of them have SB Rings and one has been to an AFC Championship...They are all at least 2 Years older than TE, but more importantly they have a bit more NFL Game experience...

So anyway...It may be a while before we're really comparing TE to to those 3...Hopefully not to long though... :(