Krugman Wins Nobel in Economics

blzrul

So Nozzlenut, are you in agreement with this guy?

Because here's what he says about the current economic crisis we're facing:

"This is terrifying," he said, comparing it to the financial crisis that gripped Asia in the 1990s. "I had never thought that in my lifetime I would see anything that resembles the Great Depression, but this in fact does."

Or are you for him before you were against him?

You're a piece of work lady. I feel sorry for your husband or anyone who has to live with you. I bet the poor guy has PTSD from all your lunacy. Shoot, I bet you make him sit down to pee, don't you? Ha! :thumbsup:

Wingnuts need not read since anytime a liberal is recognized for anything, it's because the world is all against the poor, downtrodden, pinheaded wingnuts and not because the body of work has any merit.

Krugman's columns often make me nervous as hell but...it seems like he may have been onto something.

Naturally he won the Nobel. So did AL Gore , when he got off his carbon spewing airplane, to go to his energy hog mansion :thumbsup:

You're a piece of work lady. I feel sorry for your husband or anyone who has to live with you. I bet the poor guy has PTSD from all your lunacy. Shoot, I bet you make him sit down to pee, don't you? Ha! :beer:

I don't usually pay any attention to your posts, but this one was just so outrageous I had to respond. So I guess you don't like Krugman, huh? So much so that you feel the need to attack her marriage. You are a real classy guy :thumbsup:

Wingnuts need not read since anytime a liberal is recognized for anything, it's because the world is all against the poor, downtrodden, pinheaded wingnuts and not because the body of work has any merit.

Krugman's columns often make me nervous as hell but...it seems like he may have been onto something.

Dude. I usually respect your opinions but this is a joke.

Krugman graduated with a bachelor's degree from Yale in 1974 and received a Ph.D. from MIT in 1977. Besides teaching at Yale and MIT, he also taught at Stanford.

Translation: Never had a real job.

I don't usually pay any attention to your posts, but this one was just so outrageous I had to respond. So I guess you don't like Krugman, huh? So much so that you feel the need to attack her marriage. You are a real classy guy :thumbsup:

When people attack blzrul, they almost always mention her sex. I've always found it misplaced and disturbing.

Filip the tables to race and you've got people saying things like "Look you stupid black moron, your position makes no sense." A statement like that would result in a banning. When someone think they should mention her sex by saying something like "you stupid woman," it's no different. True that she's a woman, but no different. No one ever says to you, as mind-numbingly obnoxious and dumb as you are, "Look you stupid man...."

Not the PC police; just an observation about how easy it is to mention Debbie's sex when attacking her, where no one ever mentions a man's sex when attacking them. She can take it but it's remarkable how easily posters fall into this trap of disrespect.

When people attack blzrul, they almost always mention her sex. I've always found it misplaced and disturbing.

Filip the tables to race and you've got people saying things like "Look you stupid black moron, your position makes no sense." A statement like that would result in a banning. When someone think they should mention her sex by saying something like "you stupid woman," it's no different. True that she's a woman, but no different. No one ever says to you, as mind-numbingly obnoxious and dumb as you are, "Look you stupid man...."

Not the PC police; just an observation about how easy it is to mention Debbie's sex when attacking her, where no one ever mentions a man's sex when attacking them. She can take it but it's remarkable how easily posters fall into this trap of disrespect.

Oh really??

Dude. I usually respect your opinions but this is a joke.

:thumbsup:

Are you kidding? Blzrul dishes it out as good as anybody. I know I've seen her refer to "stupid white men" in a post of hers before. Of course, she also called Palin, a women, "Caribou barbie." Probably just hates everybody who doesn't side with her point of view.

I am just loving all the attention here. It's so much fun to watch wingnuts wallow in their rancid paranoia. And fear. I guess that's a club only the chicken-hearted can join. It seems that to be a wingnut you have to (a) think people are all basically morons and idiots, unless they're close relations or think exactly like you do (b) assume the worst is ALWAYS going to happen, and that when it happens to them it's because of liberals but when it happens to liberals it's because they deserve it.

I do think the current economic situation is somewhat terrifying. The fact that I'm not the only one is borne out by the fact that the market's dropped what, 21%+ in the past week? We were lucky in the 1990's that the Asian Crisis didn't impact us too much, but it did certainly take them some time to recover and there were tough times for many. Krugman isn't the only one who's drawing parallels to the Great Depression. We're not there - yet. And I have high hopes we won't get there. But you can pretty much pick up any paper or visit any news site to see the discussion on the similarities.

Oh and by the way, the Bush Adminstration has proclaimed more than once that this is a major crisis. A threat. Severe. A big deal. Soo.....it's a problem that perhaps people agree with them? Oh yea - I keep forgetting that wingnuts are also color-blind and can only see in black and white. Hence a person of progressive politics should, according to the wingnut theory, reject EVERYTHING that comes from the "opposition".

But because guys like Krugman, who advocates fiscal responsibility (I thought that was a conservative hallmark?) are considered "liberal" (because they oppose the irresponsible spending and fiscal policies of the "conservatives" in power) their body of work is to be spat upon.

I guess the © to my what-is-a-wingnut definition means that any theory - or fact - that a common-sense individual might evaulate as truthful, or consider as a possibility, but which issues forth from someone of the "other team", it's immediate dismissed as crap along with the person who dared voice a difference of opinion.

Like I said when I posted the link, wingnuts shouldn't read it because of course your heads would explode. And I was right. They did.

Hey by the way, my husband follows along quite frequently. We laugh a lot about it over dinner. A lot.

But because guys like Krugman, who advocates fiscal responsibility (I thought that was a conservative hallmark?) are considered "liberal" (because they oppose the irresponsible spending and fiscal policies of the "conservatives" in power) their body of work is to be spat upon.

Dude.

I think he is considered a liberal because he calls himself a liberal. Does that make him paranoid too?

I am just loving all the attention here. It's so much fun to watch wingnuts wallow in their rancid paranoia. And fear. I guess that's a club only the chicken-hearted can join. It seems that to be a wingnut you have to (a) think people are all basically morons and idiots, unless they're close relations or think exactly like you do (b) assume the worst is ALWAYS going to happen, and that when it happens to them it's because of liberals but when it happens to liberals it's because they deserve it.

I do think the current economic situation is somewhat terrifying. The fact that I'm not the only one is borne out by the fact that the market's dropped what, 21%+ in the past week? We were lucky in the 1990's that the Asian Crisis didn't impact us too much, but it did certainly take them some time to recover and there were tough times for many. Krugman isn't the only one who's drawing parallels to the Great Depression. We're not there - yet. And I have high hopes we won't get there. But you can pretty much pick up any paper or visit any news site to see the discussion on the similarities.

Oh and by the way, the Bush Adminstration has proclaimed more than once that this is a major crisis. A threat. Severe. A big deal. Soo.....it's a problem that perhaps people agree with them? Oh yea - I keep forgetting that wingnuts are also color-blind and can only see in black and white. Hence a person of progressive politics should, according to the wingnut theory, reject EVERYTHING that comes from the "opposition".

I guess the © to my what-is-a-wingnut definition means that any theory - or fact - that a common-sense individual might evaulate as truthful, or consider as a possibility, but which issues forth from someone of the "other team", it's immediate dismissed as crap along with the person who dared voice a difference of opinion.

Like I said when I posted the link, wingnuts shouldn't read it because of course your heads would explode. And I was right. They did.

Hey by the way, my husband follows along quite frequently. We laugh a lot about it over dinner. A lot.

Now if we could only turn all that manure into a fuel, we could get rid of our dependency on foreign oil . . .

This story just confirms once again that the Nobel is a political prize. A November 13, 2003 article in The Economist reads: "A glance through his [Krugman's] past columns reveals a growing tendency to attribute all the world's ills to George Bush...Even his economics is sometimes stretched...Overall, the effect is to give lay readers the illusion that Mr Krugman's perfectly respectable personal political beliefs can somehow be derived empirically from economic theory."

I did like his work in “The Odd Couple.”

Well ladies will be equal with Obama , he wants them register for Selective Service (draft) ,I gues we wouldnt have to call them ladies either.

And he wants them to serve in combat units . Bet the enemy would like to take them prisoners. :(

I don't think it's fair that only men can be killed and maimed in war. Everyone should serve. Like they do in Israel.

I don't think it's fair that only men can be killed and maimed in war. Everyone should serve. Like they do in Israel.

I think the point he was trying to make was that our women are generally attractive and would be mistreated as POWs. The Israeli women would be safe in such a scenario.