Jets coach Mangini names his son after Favre!

No joke. Mangina gave his son the middle name Brett after Favre!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/foot...i.ap/index.html

He was also born on the same day as Brett. Weird.

On another note... Not sure if I ever mentioned this. My wife hates when I make things sound so simple.

The probability of having someone with the same MONTH and DAY is almost ONE when you take a random sample of about 27 or so people.

Not too strange.

Jim Kelly and Drew Bledsoe were both born on Feb. 14th.

On another note... Not sure if I ever mentioned this. My wife hates when I make things sound so simple.

The probability of having someone with the same MONTH and DAY is almost ONE when you take a random sample of about 27 or so people.

Not too strange.

Explain that math with 27 subjects. I'm not sure I follow. I thought the only way the probability could be one was with a sample size much larger, say 365.

Explain that math with 27 subjects. I'm not sure I follow. I thought the only way the probability could be one was with a sample size much larger, say 365.

I remember reading it in a math book years ago.

There are only 28 to 31 days in a month and there are 12 months in a year.

So take 30 people... Somebody is going to have the same number date... Now there are only 12 months in the year.

I am not sure... I never looked into it beyond reading it years ago... But, it sounds right?

Now don't quote me on the 27... It is around there... And I said the probablilty is ALMOST one... The sample has to be totally random... Like taking a block of almost 30 random people at say The Ralph.

Not too strange.

My father and my brother were both born on January 18th.

Different years, though.

Ok now guyz, lets not get too carried away with the math, but.... the problem cited in the link is totally different. it's saying that in a group of x people, it's an even shot the 2 of them, would have the same BD. WHICH TWO? problem doesn't care, just SOME 2 people. the mangini example cite 2 SPECIFIC people in the world. that's were your 1/365 comes in.

if eric and brett went to the same party of 27, somebody might have the same birthdate. but it wouldn't be them ! so it is a bit of a wild coincidence, and if they became good friends, it's not so weird IMHO. after all, it was just a middle name, which works like this:

wife is obsessed with child having 3 names. husband could give a s*** about kid's middle name. wife pressures husband to decide. "he's YOUR son..." husband groans audibly. eventually husband has [sing this] real-stroke-of-geeen-yuh-uss: notes birthday coincidence and says "OMG hunny, it's an OMEN". wife(on epidural) buys it. husband hands miniature football to newborn.

now that u have the inside story no what REALLY happened, we focus out attention back on the bills. :devil:

AS

My father and my brother were both born on January 18th.

Different years, though.

My Mother and sister were born on the same day (natural birth)... Different year of course! :lol:

What is strange is my wife's father's father was born on 4-18, my wife 4-18, and my father's father 4-18.

:devil:

It is those "dog days" that lead to April births! :lol::lol: