Next four constests will determine our postseason hopes..

Boatdrinks

The San Diego game is now a must win, particularly if the lose to the Patsies. We absolutely need to go no worse than 3-1 over this stretch Vs SD, @MIA, vsJets, @NE. Any worse than that and I'm afraid we are clawing uphill the rest of the way. That MIA in Toronto is looking more critical by the minute and its a shame it aint at the Ralph. We must be 6-2 at the midpoint to win this division IMHO.

All the games are important to win. NE may have lost Brady, but they are still a good team thats not a push over. And you don't want to lose any divisional games cause you don't want to help divisional opponents gain ground since those games are really worth more then other games.

If the Bills really are a playoof/good team and want respect from the national media, they have to win games against teams like NE and SD, good teams, and also against teams that are as good or worse, like Miami and NY

If you want respect and want to be a good team, you not only have to win games that you are expected to win, but also some that you are considered an underdog in

The San Diego game is now a must win, particularly if the lose to the Patsies. We absolutely need to go no worse than 3-1 over this stretch Vs SD, @MIA, vsJets, @NE. Any worse than that and I'm afraid we are clawing uphill the rest of the way. That MIA in Toronto is looking more critical by the minute and its a shame it aint at the Ralph. We must be 6-2 at the midpoint to win this division IMHO.

I agree to a point. I completely agree that the next 4 games determine our season. Contenders or pretenders? That's the question right now. If we come out of that stretch 3-1 or better, then I think we can be contenders. Anything less and we're leaning towards pretenders.

I don't think the season is lost if we end up 2-2 or 1-3 over the next four games - there's still alot of football left. However, I think it dramatically knocks the team's confidence and puts us back in the pack.

So, I agree the next 4 games are very important.

Division? Forget the SD game. Say we lose that and then win 2 of the next 3. You think our division hopes would be dead? 6-3 and 2-1 in the division would be hopeless.

At some point, we will have to beat NE to win the division, but we already knew that.

I agree to a point. I completely agree that the next 4 games determine our season. Contenders or pretenders? That's the question right now. If we come out of that stretch 3-1 or better, then I think we can be contenders. Anything less and we're leaning towards pretenders.

I don't think the season is lost if we end up 2-2 or 1-3 over the next four games - there's still alot of football left. However, I think it dramatically knocks the team's confidence and puts us back in the pack.

So, I agree the next 4 games are very important.

I have thought all year that we are an improved team that might be ready to make it to the playoffs. The realist in me says were at least another year from being a true contender. I didnt put to much faith in our being elite when we were 4 and 0 and I don't think we are done for the year now that were 4 and 1. I think were a young team that is learning to win and become a contender. I do however agree that how we play in the next 4 games is crucial to us making and or competing in the playoffs. The bye is coming at a perfect time IMO.

Division? Forget the SD game. Say we lose that and then win 2 of the next 3. You think our division hopes would be dead? 6-3 and 2-1 in the division would be hopeless.

At some point, we will have to beat NE to win the division, but we already knew that.

No, not hopeless. But an uphill battle for sure. And a loss to SD being in conference will loom large at the end of the season. It's just a one game difference but NE is not going away with the same easy schedule we have, and MIA is having a say in things as well. If we can't bounce back from this and beat the Chargers, iIcan't see us winning these division games on the road. Then we'll be clawing for home wins in December including "home" in Toronto.

Keep in mind that the Jets scored 56 points against the Cards we scored 17. Playoff were marginal at the start of the season and I think thats were we are now.

Also keep in mind, that the Jets offense was non existent in the 1st qtr and wasnt really impressive at all in the 3rd. They got those points on AZ because Warner turned the ball over 5 times in the second quarter in scoring position for the Jets which allowed them to put up 34 points in that quarter. So that score was heavily inflated by the Cards turnovers.

I have thought all year that we are an improved team that might be ready to make it to the playoffs. The realist in me says were at least another year from being a true contender. I didnt put to much faith in our being elite when we were 4 and 0 and I don't think we are done for the year now that were 4 and 1. I think were a young team that is learning to win and become a contender. I do however agree that how we play in the next 4 games is crucial to us making and or competing in the playoffs. The bye is coming at a perfect time IMO.

Once again, we see eye to eye. I've said to numerous friends that I hope/expect the Bills to make the playoffs. But, they'll probably lose in the Wildcard round or divisional round if we're really lucky. But, then next year we should be true contenders and expected to make the playoffs and win. So, far I'd say we're very much on track. If we go 3-1 over the next 4 games I might even say ahead of the curve.

Bottomline, how this team deals with the loss will be big. They need to learn from it and come out fired up for the next few games.

Keep in mind that the Jets scored 56 points against the Cards we scored 17. Playoff were marginal at the start of the season and I think thats were we are now.

what!??!! cuz we lost one game?! man...if we were looking at another teams thread and seeing this being said after going 4-1 before a bye, we would be tearing them to shreds on TSW