Jim Cramer advises investors to pull out...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I get calls from clients wanting to invest in sectors, that is usually the time to sell out....when clients call to sell out, that is usually the time to buy that sector...never fails

So you're a contrarian?

Which is the definition of a contrarian.

No, the definition of a contrarian is one who does the opposite of what the market is doing, on the basis that the market is the sum total of a bunch of panicky animals.

It is not one who does the opposite of what the market is doing because the public is individually stupid.

No, the definition of a contrarian is one who does the opposite of what the market is doing, on the basis that the market is the sum total of a bunch of panicky animals.

It is not one who does the opposite of what the market is doing because the public is individually stupid.

AKA, buy financials.

AKA, buy financials.

I prefer "buy airline stocks after 9/11", myself. Doubled my money on that bet. :censored:

Although right now, if you REALLY wanted to be a contrarian...buy steel. US Steel is down almost 50% in two weeks. Citi, Bank of America, JP Morgan...all are outperforming the steel sector. (The only financials I see that steel is outperforming are ones like Lehman, that no longer exist.)

Steel and industry are what's killing the markets right now. Boeing, Alcoa, Du Pont, GE, GM, 3M. Over the past two weeks, financials have barely moved, surprisingly (i.e. if you'd bought and held JP Morgan two weeks ago, you'd actually be up about eight percent as of right now).

I stand corrected.

I prefer "buy airline stocks after 9/11", myself. Doubled my money on that bet. :censored:

Although right now, if you REALLY wanted to be a contrarian...buy steel. US Steel is down almost 50% in two weeks. Citi, Bank of America, JP Morgan...all are outperforming the steel sector. (The only financials I see that steel is outperforming are ones like Lehman, that no longer exist.)

Steel and industry are what's killing the markets right now. Boeing, Alcoa, Du Pont, GE, GM, 3M. Over the past two weeks, financials have barely moved, surprisingly (i.e. if you'd bought and held JP Morgan two weeks ago, you'd actually be up about eight percent as of right now).

A better example. I wonder what President Obama's anti-free trade policies will do to raw materials and US manufacturing. I'm not sure the answer is simple.

To put it in simplest terms, the credit markets are the offensive line, the equity market is the QB. The QB gets all the headlines, but won't do much if the OL is broken. Need to fix the OL first.

What??? I don't think we have the cap room for many more $700 billion dollar contracts.

Not unless we get Schneider and Jones to buy us out.

To put it in simplest terms, the credit markets are the offensive line, the equity market is the QB. The QB gets all the headlines, but won't do much if the OL is broken. Need to fix the OL first.

Credit Market = Kris Farris, Bennie Anderson, and Trey Teague

Equity Market = RJ

;)

Cramer advises investors to pull out I suggest you wear a condom.

As an individual... Why would I not stem any bleeding early? My TSP (fed) retirement account has been 100% shifted to Gov't securities that won't lose any money. Sure it is only making about 4%... It sure beats losing.

Sure... If I had half a mil in... I would be a little more cavalier.

As an individual... Why would I not stem any bleeding early? My TSP (fed) retirement account has been 100% shifted to Gov't securities that won't lose any money. Sure it is only making about 4%... It sure beats losing.

Sure... If I had half a mil in... I would be a little more cavalier.

Because unless you time it right you're typically selling low and buying high. Timing the market is very risky and very hard to do with your own money because of the emotions involved. You got lucky this time but the recovery is usually unexpected and very quick.