scribo

Chris Brown reports...

Not practicing yesterday for Arizona:

WR Anquan Boldin

DE Bert Berry (Cards's top pass rusher)

SS Adrian Wilson (Pro Bowler)

TE Leonard Pope (starter)

TE Jerame Tuman (backup)

For the Bills, Terrence McGee did not practice, either.

I'm hoping we hear more info by the days end. Berry won't play. I suspect and hope Boldin won't either. Wilson is a maybe. If he doesn't play Edwards can eat up the secondary. I know some say they want to face teams with their best players on the field, but for me, I just want a W. And if Boldin not playing gets one, then I'm all for it.

Actually, in this case, I believe that it would be a flock. A gaggle or sedge refers to seafaring birds like the goose or heron.

You may want to revise that title.

-Quint

I looked around before I posted it, but there is nothing that I see stating it has to be seafaring foul.

Here is the best definition I can find: Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Of course, there is always this one: Urban Dictionary

So while not cliché, I don't think gaggle is incorrect. But I am certainly open to further discussion.

Oh, and in reference to "sedge," are you sure you don't mean "skein"?

I looked around before I posted it, but there is nothing that I see stating it has to be seafaring foul.

So while not cliche, I don't think gaggle is incorrect. But I am certainly open to further discussion.

I take that back. It's a term used to describe geese (not member's of the finch family) that are not in flight, so in this case, although we're talking about cardinals, we're also talking about injured cardinals who aren't "in flight". Well played, sir!

My deepest apologies, from one seacaptain to another.

-Quint

I take that back. It's a term used to describe geese (not member's of the finch family) that are not in flight, so in this case, although we're talking about cardinals, we're also talking about injured cardinals who aren't "in flight". Well played, sir!

My deepest apologies, from one seacaptain to another.

-Quint

Fair winds and following seas, skipper.

So while not cliché, I don't think gaggle is incorrect. But I am certainly open to further discussion.

Oh, and in reference to "sedge," are you sure you don't mean "skein"?

Skein is a group of geese "in flight". Here's what I found for sedge:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_group_of_herons_called

A group of cardinals has many collective nouns, including a "college", "conclave", "deck", "radiance", and "Vatican" of cardinals.

Link

I'll go with "radiance".

Collective nouns are great yet grossly underused.

A group of cardinals has many collective nouns, including a "college", "conclave", "deck", "radiance", and "Vatican" of cardinals.

Link

I'll go with "radiance".

A group of cardinals (on the ground, I assume) is a Vatican. Ha ha ha, now that's funny! :lol: