Anybody know who else on the Bills is in their contract year?

Fewell733

As stated earlier, franchising a CB is in the $9M range. If we franchise either one and can not trade him, would you be happy with Greer or Youboty at $9M?

I don't think you do it unless you know you can work out a trade.

Losman-bye

Hamdan stays

Chambers stays

Whittle-bye

Preston-we can draft someone to take his spot

Crowell-bye

Greer-if the price is right, keep him

Wilson stays

Jackson-gotta keep him around

Digiorgio is expendable

Fowler?? hmmm i got no answer right now

This is just off the top of my head, so it's almost certainly not complete:

UFA's:

Losman

Hamdan

Chambers

Whittle

Preston

Crowell

Greer

Wilson

RFA's:

Jackson

DiGiorgio

Players to Extend:

Peters

Stroud

I agree but do you think any team out there thinks either player is worth that much?

No, but i'm sure there are ways to get something for one of these guys. Even if you do a sign and trade. Doesn't have to be a franchise tag. In any case, I would re-sign Greer and trade youboty if I had to. Greer may get 5 mil a year, I doubt it would be more.

As stated earlier, franchising a CB is in the $9M range. If we franchise either one and can not trade him, would you be happy with Greer or Youboty at $9M?

What about the transition tag? I forgot what that gets you-- chance to match?

I don't like the idea of paying anyone $9 mill per year, incl. Greer. But worst case scenario would be if both Greer and Youboty walk.

Losman-bye

Hamdan stays

Chambers stays

Whittle-bye

Preston-we can draft someone to take his spot

Crowell-bye

Greer-if the price is right, keep him

Wilson stays

Jackson-gotta keep him around

Digiorgio is expendable

Fowler?? hmmm i got no answer right now

Looks to me like Trent is in a contract year. What's his salary, about $400K? If he stays healthy and continues to play well, you have to think his agent will come knocking on the Bills' door. Yes, he has 2-3 seasons to go on his rookie deal after this year, but he would be so far underpaid as a starting QB it would be right for him to get a new deal this off-season. This is a completely different situation IMO than Peters because the gap in fair compensation for Trent is even larger and Trent may have achieved a high level of performance even faster than Jason Peters. Peters at his current salary has a lot less risk of loss due to injury than does Trent. That would be a motivating factor for Trent and his agent, and if Trent's agent plays this like a gentleman he should have a good chance of getting something done. The Bills might even be wise to initiate the discussion.

I would not worry too much about RFAs. The Bills just need to tender them at an appropriate amount and match offers. If they decide not to, they usually are well-compensated.

Keith Elison was a rookie in 2006 if I am not mistaken. Therefore, at worse, he is an RFA.